Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMof
Male

It feels like my chest is deflating
    #789182 - 08/11/15 02:05 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2000-11/974385175.Ph.r.html
However, it would take a SIGNIFICANT pressure loss infront of your mouth to actually suck the wind out of your lungs. I apologize if this response appears to be overly long. Though this observation may be easy to conceptualize, it's a lot more difficult to explain.

Any reason why my lungs sucking in air after vaping??

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Deflated+lung

edit: probably just a swollen airway

Edited by Mof (08/17/15 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Mof] * 2
    #789186 - 08/11/15 02:29 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

More details are needed before a proper diagnosis can be made.

List all symptoms, location of symptoms, severity of symptoms, anything unusual that you notice when this is occuring, what events trigger said event, etc. You have to remember that this is like going to the doctor, but the doctor is only allowed to text you from his phone in another room, so you need to provide as much detail as possible.

I seriously doubt that vaping is causing a collapsed lung, it sounds more like a bit of paranoia to me...but at this point I don't have enough information to tell for sure.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Data]
    #789189 - 08/11/15 04:10 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh shit don't fly sometimes

Edited by nannybooboo (08/11/15 04:12 AM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: nannybooboo]
    #789195 - 08/11/15 06:06 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

:lolwut:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Data] * 2
    #789201 - 08/11/15 07:11 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I'm familiar with treating this under field conditions when a pneumothorax is caused by a gun shot wound. Sucking chest wound from a GSW is not uncommon.

Why I bring that up: this usually doesn't happen without a fairly significant amount of trauma to the chest. For example, like I said, getting shot in the fucking chest. Or breaking a rib and it puncturing something, shit like that. it CAN be caused by lung disease but

If you're worried because you read the work 'sucking'.... "Sucking" chest wound means the hole in your chest is sucking in air through the cavity created by the bullet, into the cavity next to your lung, and is pressing against your lung (usually putting you into clinical shock if it's extreme).... If you are inhaling and air continues to go into your chest after you stop making effort to inhale then maybe you have a swollen throat or something and the air cannot travel into your lungs as fast as you can expand them.

If you had a pneumothorax you would be in fairly severe pain (on one side, where the pneumothorax is located), and have very short breath.

if you're worried go get an x-ray, that's all you need to diagnose it, but unless you suffered some physical trauma I think it's much much more likely that you read something you didn't understand and you became concerned. And have a swollen airways or something. Really this is a shitty place to ask for medical advice, especially if you're concerned with your ability to breathe.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: SleepAid]
    #789204 - 08/11/15 07:15 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
I'm familiar with treating this under field conditions when a pneumothorax is caused by a gun shot wound. Sucking chest wound from a GSW is not uncommon.

Why I bring that up: this usually doesn't happen without a fairly significant amount of trauma to the chest. For example, like I said, getting shot in the fucking chest. Or breaking a rib and it puncturing something, shit like that. it CAN be caused by lung disease but

If you're worried because you read the work 'sucking'.... "Sucking" chest wound means the hole in your chest is sucking in air through the cavity created by the bullet, into the cavity next to your lung, and is pressing against your lung (usually putting you into clinical shock if it's extreme).... If you are inhaling and air continues to go into your chest after you stop making effort to inhale then maybe you have a swollen throat or something and the air cannot travel into your lungs as fast as you can expand them.

If you had a pneumothorax you would be in fairly severe pain (on one side, where the pneumothorax is located), and have very short breath.

if you're worried go get an x-ray, that's all you need to diagnose it, but unless you suffered some physical trauma I think it's much much more likely that you read something you didn't understand and you became concerned. And have a swollen airways or something. Really this is a shitty place to ask for medical advice, especially if you're concerned with your ability to breathe.

You beat me to it.

OP, trust both sleep aid and myself. Get an xray.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: poor boy]
    #789205 - 08/11/15 07:27 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Spontaneous pneumothorax is characterized by dull, sharp, or stabbing chest pain that begins suddenly and becomes worse with deep breathing or coughing. Other symptoms are shortness of breath, rapid breathing, abnormal breathing movement (that is, little chest wall movement when breathing), and cough.

So, if the more you breathe the worse it gets, that is a solid sign. That means air is displacing from your lung and into the cavity that is pressing against your lung, causing it to collapse.

Again, all you need to do is go get an X-ray but it's painful enough of a thing that I think you possibly would have gotten it checked by now if you had one. Either way, most of the time when a pneumothorax occurs you will require medical treatment.

Honestly you do not communicate well enough for you to receive any effective advice other than to visit a doctor if you are truly concerned with what is happening to you.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Invisibledrawde
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: poor boy] * 2
    #789215 - 08/11/15 10:17 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Quote:

SleepAid said:

You beat me to it.

OP, trust both sleep aid and myself. Get an xray.

Yeah that was definitely exactly what you were going to say..

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: drawde]
    #789218 - 08/11/15 11:40 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

is there an echo in here?

geeze.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Invisibledrawde
    #789226 - 08/11/15 12:28 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

A very sarcastic echo

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: drawde] * 1
    #789228 - 08/11/15 12:30 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

:hahyeahwoo:

--------------------

OfflineMof
Male

#789274 - 08/11/15 08:59 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I went to the hospital and they basically just observed me it was pretty bad for the first hour, both my hands cramped up, because I got super nervous and started breathing heavily.
They let me go eventually but they never acted like anything was wrong I was telling them what to watch out for, it sounded like my throat deflated everytime I sucked in air and this was the second time this had happened in the same day.
I'm just warning you guys if you use a vape and suck in hot air you might need to be observed/see a doc, if you start sucking in air like a woopie cushion when you breath regularly. I didn't want the chest x ray so I'm just going to lay off smoking for at least a couple weeks.
It seemed serious enough to go to a doctor it lasted a couple hours at least it seemed like

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Mof]
    #789279 - 08/11/15 09:11 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GIdoubleB said:
I went to the hospital and they basically just observed me it was pretty bad for the first hour, both my hands cramped up, because I got super nervous and started breathing heavily.

You almost sound like you are experiencing symptoms somewhere in the panic disorder spectrum. Lots of times people end up in the ER over a panic attack or anxiety that they misconstrued as a more serious medical condition (like a heart attack, asthma attack, allergic reaction, etc). Have you ever had a panic attack before?

As for the rest of the stuff, I'm just curious, do you vape with or without nicotine?
If you are vaping WITH nicotine maybe it's time to consider that this might not be a safer alternative to smoking and start thinking about ways to start quitting nicotine altogether.
If you are NOT using nic, then maybe consider that this kind of shit is not worth dealing with at all in the cost/benefit scheme of things and maybe take up another hobby and drop this vaping one.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineMof
Male

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: SleepAid]
    #789288 - 08/11/15 09:50 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

No, no, no dude the way I was sucking in air my lips would get sucked in and I didn't need to try at all to whistle, I just woke up 30 minutes ago and it's completely gone, so I know I wasn't just breathing differently.

The first time it happend in the mourning I thought it was suction from the vape, the second time it happened at night I had vaped like 3 times in six hours using a bag to inhale the air but any time I put my mouth on a hose and glass piece any combination would make me suck air through it so I tried it with just my mouth and it was noticeable.
I usually vape above 430degrees F mind you.
The only thing they could have done was shock you if your heart stopped or put a needle in your lung, but they just acted like it was a panic attack and I was on drugs.

So yeah guys save yourself and the money and stop smoking for awhile if it happens to you, it seemed really dangerous when I was lying on the gurny and both my hands cramped up.

OfflineMof
Male

#789289 - 08/11/15 09:52 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I've smoked blunts and joints several times in the same day, sometimes coughing up blood, but I think just the heat and the act of pulling air through the hose must have strained something.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Mof] * 2
    #789293 - 08/11/15 11:11 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

It's obvious the vape is to much for you.
This thread reads like an underage child's tale of his/her first true panic attack.
I've heard they're truly scary to experience.:getstoned:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Stoneth]
    #789294 - 08/11/15 11:20 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

:burke:

:underage:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: Stoneth]
    #789297 - 08/12/15 12:49 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
It's obvious the vape is to much for you.
This thread reads like an underage child's tale of his/her first true panic attack.
I've heard they're truly scary to experience.:getstoned:

:lol: hence my edited post. Just seemed too easy.

OfflineMof
Male

Re: It feels like my chest is deflating [Re: nannybooboo]
    #789299 - 08/12/15 12:55 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I think that maybe the stuff I was smoking had too many fert's in it still and my lungs kicked in to aneurobic breathing

OfflineMof
Male

#789300 - 08/12/15 12:59 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

the middle of my upper abs hurts when breathing in
could be a work out injury could be a smoking vaping

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom