Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Have any of you guys ever tried growing Bonsai Marijuana?
    #786219 - 07/21/15 06:43 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Now bear with me here, I know the saying 'bigger is better' but what about the people without the space and/or privacy that aren't able to grow cannabis in peace?

Well I've been trying to grow my own plant for 2 years now with no success. Not because the lack of skill (I got this site at my disposal :grin:) but lack of space/privacy.

I live in an apartment building so I literally have no space to grow many plants but I do use the walkway as my garden. Here's my baby:

From what I can tell she's a female so I plan on growing her out until I can harvest her. The main problem that I have here is mostly discretion even though I live in a legal state (mostly all of my neighbors are old, religious types so you know how that goes).

I've been wondering if I would be able to stunt her growth when I stumbled on a site talking about keeping the plants small by controlling the size of the roots.

What do you guys think? Is it doable? Have any of you guys ever heard of this?

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Have any of you guys ever tried growing Bonsai Marijuana? [Re: Sham87]
    #786247 - 07/21/15 11:10 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Just prune it and flower it (after a couple weeks) if you want it small.
You mentioned it being female. Any hairs yet? ( I cant see any )

If you're saying your state is legal im still not sure why you're worried.
Its very much illegal here and I'm not worried at all.

Times they are a-changin'

But yeah... pruning will keep most plants small.
You could chop that one in half if you desired.
Top pruning will make your plants branches shoot up, and you can ultimately prune branch tops also...

Another thing is genetics. They have short breed indicas they call "patio plants" that are naturally super short and still pack weight...
"Midnight kush" by DNA is one I've grown

If height is an issue, avoid sativa dominant strains

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have any of you guys ever tried growing Bonsai Marijuana? [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #786248 - 07/21/15 11:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:awetongue:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Have any of you guys ever tried growing Bonsai Marijuana? [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #786249 - 07/21/15 11:57 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the reply! I will prune it for shure!

I read somewhere that bending some of the stems help train the plant? But I'm not sure.

I thought I saw hairs in one of those pics but I'll try to get better pics soon.

It is but I keep getting complaints from neighbors.

Thanks for the advice bud.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #786267 - 07/22/15 12:26 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineIcon
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #786272 - 07/22/15 02:20 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, you can tie the branches down to make it bush out more. Topping does the same. I just topped and then tied down my plants and they're less than 10" tall, about 12" wide. Then I clipped off excess fan leaves and branches so it's stunted a bit. You could continue that pattern for quite a while and get a small, strong bush. But if your point is to harvest it then it doesn't take long before it's almost too bushy and you'll want to flower it.

Edited by Icon (07/22/15 02:21 PM)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Have any of you guys ever tried growing Bonsai Marijuana? [Re: Icon]
    #786278 - 07/22/15 04:03 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
http://www.growery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=1149&F_Board=1&Thread=165584&partnumber=1&postmarker=

:ganja:

Thank you!!
Quote:

Icon said:
Yea, you can tie the branches down to make it bush out more. Topping does the same. I just topped and then tied down my plants and they're less than 10" tall, about 12" wide. Then I clipped off excess fan leaves and branches so it's stunted a bit. You could continue that pattern for quite a while and get a small, strong bush. But if your point is to harvest it then it doesn't take long before it's almost too bushy and you'll want to flower it.

Thanks for chiming in!

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #786310 - 07/22/15 09:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

So ffw!

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Have any of you guys ever tried growing Bonsai Marijuana? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #786320 - 07/22/15 10:46 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

what happened?

--------------------

Edited by Sham87 (07/22/15 10:47 PM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #786322 - 07/22/15 10:52 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I meant to put sog (sea of green) Ftw.

:stoned:

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
    #786400 - 07/23/15 10:24 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly you could pop a seed or get/take a clone and pretty much throw them straight in to flower in a solo cup and they won't get too big.  This is an interesting problem though,  wanting to make sure your pot plants don't grow too large :rofl:

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals