Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThat_Loud
Stranger
Yellow Spotting sprouts
    #782067 - 06/15/15 02:13 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hello everyone,
So A week ago i started germination of some seeds and then after a few days of germinating i planted them in fox farms ocean forest soil. Today will mark the 1 week since i germinated my seeds and so far, two of my sprouts seem to be killing the game while my other two aren't looking so hot. One of the two that aren't doing so good is starting to develop brown cotyledon leaves while the first pair of true leaves seem to be stunted. The second plant that doesn't seem to be doing so well isn't developing any brown spots but the first pair of true leaves are lime green and the whole plants growth seems to be stunted like the first plant compared to my other two plants which are thriving. I have refrained from watering them except for the first two days because i read you can over water them. They got watered yesterday because one of my friends thought they needed water while i was out and about running errands. Anyways here are some pictures

These first two plants are the two doing the best:

These two plants are the ones not doing so hot:

any help would be much appreciated!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Yellow Spotting sprouts [Re: That_Loud]
    #782069 - 06/15/15 02:25 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I have had issues with ocean forest for seedlings. Here's a short convo about it I just had a couple days ago with someone else here:

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
Quote:

SleepAid said:
Ocean forest will kill seedlings because it's too hot on nutrients.

ive heard this said a lot, but i've never experienced it. i've germinated quite a few seeds before, and i've always used ocean forest except one mistake with roots organics, fuck that shit.

recently germinated 3 SFV OG seeds, put em straight into ocean forest, 2 took off, doing great, one mutant plant is growing a lot slower, burned slightly at first and grew out of it in a few days. :shrug:

So they might very well bounce back just fine, in my case they did not, but either way your culprit is likely the ocean forest soil.

edit: Ocean forest is great soil btw, I use it, and a lot of people I know use it also. It just can sometimes be a bit much for seedlings is all.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (06/15/15 02:27 PM)

OfflineThat_Loud
Stranger
Re: Yellow Spotting sprouts [Re: SleepAid]
    #782070 - 06/15/15 02:28 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the information! So what would be a good soil for seedlings then?

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Yellow Spotting sprouts [Re: That_Loud]
    #782073 - 06/15/15 02:42 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I use happy frog personally, then once I transplant during veg sometime before flower it usually goes into ocean forest.

CrushNazT (person I quoted last post) has been growing a bit longer than me so if he comes in here with advice it would be worth it to listen. This is just what works for me.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag