Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2141zach
Stranger
New to growing is it too late too start outside this year?
    #781424 - 06/08/15 09:27 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everyone im new to the forums and was wondering if it was too late to start growing this year I live in Yakima Washington and it just hit 100 degrees out. I was wondering if anyone has a good website I can order seeds with a tracking number. Also should I go with feminized or do I want a male so I can get more seeds?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to growing is it too late too start outside this year? [Re: 2141zach]
    #781430 - 06/08/15 10:46 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You could but they wouldn't get that big.they'll start budding around the end of July if there Indica Dom sfrains. As for fem vs reg that's up go you. If you want  seeds for next year. Buy regular.  The gorilla is a great seed bank also.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #781438 - 06/09/15 12:02 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You might try some autoflowers if your on time restraints. You might be able to get some plants in before the end of the year. I forgot when the flower period starts in Washington but if you had some seeds within a week or two you'd have at least a small plant starting to flower.

The longest day of the year is June 21st and the days get shorter from there. They start to flower when the days are 13.5-14hours long and it can cut it close at the end of flower when it starts getting cold out. The cops took my outdoor plants and haven't been able to get another outdoor crop going since. Check the sunrise and sunset times for yakima on google and see what that says. The Navy had the stuff listed on their website and listed the number of daylight hours as well... if you see that one on the search page its good.

You'd probably be better off getting some clones from a dispensary and starting with those, it will cut out a lot of the earliest, slowest growth.

Make sure you have your medical paperwork on hand. When the cops get calls they save them for one day and just do a big round to all the gardens. After three hours of trying to find my brothers paperwork and because I forgot to leave mine at the house they pulled all the plants. My brother had 54 plants back there (max 45 if you have three cards) and no paperwork on hand... they couldn't get a hold of the prosecutor (knew what the cops were up to, took the day off probably). They told him they were going to come back and arrest if he didn't get the paperwork and bring it to them... He didn't and we never heard anything.

Also watch your garden. the plant on the right would have been as big as the rest but someone hopped the back fence the night before and took one before they were in the ground. (my brother set them out the late night I got there, and at 5am dude was hopping the fence) This photo was about a month before they were taken down, my brother said they were at the top of the fencing and all touching to the point you couldn't get between them.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: New to growing is it too late too start outside this year? [Re: phychotron]
    #781445 - 06/09/15 01:31 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hm I don't know shit about washingtons climate and have never grown cannabis outside, but you might be cutting it close if it gets cold quickly by late august maybe. though I think you can certainly pull it off. It should take about 8 days for a delivery from UK and you probably want at least a month from planting time to not be totally disappointed with the yield. There's at least one UK shop(rymes with wirefax) that started having someone in the US ship out their shit. so you could save a few days in shipping time with the right online shop...

I've seen a higher % of decent plants from fem seeds compared to females from regular seeds, though I've seen much higher quality plants from regular seeds than fem seeds. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not, but I think if you just want decent bud as quickly as possible you should go with fems then switch to regs to hunt for something better... IDK

Offline2141zach
Stranger
Re: New to growing is it too late too start outside this year? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #781511 - 06/09/15 08:42 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Wow a lot of good replies thanks:cool:, Im looking at Gorilla Seed Bank right now. I dont know how to get a medical card I would love to get one. Can you get one completely online? or do I need to go to a doctor and how much would that cost? I would really like to get a card is anxiety a good reason for a card because I definitely have that.

Offline2141zach
Stranger
Re: New to growing is it too late too start outside this year? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #781512 - 06/09/15 08:44 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Hm I don't know shit about washingtons climate and have never grown cannabis outside, but you might be cutting it close if it gets cold quickly by late august maybe. though I think you can certainly pull it off. It should take about 8 days for a delivery from UK and you probably want at least a month from planting time to not be totally disappointed with the yield. There's at least one UK shop(rymes with wirefax) that started having someone in the US ship out their shit. so you could save a few days in shipping time with the right online shop...

I've seen a higher % of decent plants from fem seeds compared to females from regular seeds, though I've seen much higher quality plants from regular seeds than fem seeds. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not, but I think if you just want decent bud as quickly as possible you should go with fems then switch to regs to hunt for something better... IDK

I live in Yakima its like a desert on this side of the mountain. Washington has a wide variety of climates from dessert to rainforests pretty cool. I like the drier climates personally.

Edited by 2141zach (06/09/15 08:44 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #781518 - 06/09/15 09:40 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure exactly how you just acquire one randomly just to have it. Usually you need medical records to give to the mmj doctor (special clinics have popped up) and they can determine if you qualify. Some places might give it to you after they examine you if you don't have medical records. 

http://www.bmcmmj.com/ Was the people I was going through, cost $200. I had to go through another place last time that just had a nurse practitioner doing the recommendations. Either way I have medical records for a qualifying condition but my doctors are in Idaho and can't recommend it, so I have no problems getting it.

Conditions that Benefit from Herbal Treatment

Kidney Failure
    HIV/AIDS
    Arthritis
    Crohn's Disease
    Muscle Spasms
    IBS
    Epilepsy
    Multiple Sclerosis
    Migraines
    Chronic Nausea
    Fibromyalgia
    Hepatitis C
    Asthma
    Glaucoma
    Cancer
    Degenerative Disc/Joint Disease

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to growing is it too late too start outside this year? [Re: phychotron]
    #781519 - 06/09/15 09:59 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Here in California all you have to do is tell the doctor what's wrong with you and they'll give you a recommendation . I've never even met my doctor face to face  I always use Skype in his office when he diagnose me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order