Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: Dirtygoat]
    #775208 - 04/05/15 02:31 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

when watering soil make sure you stick your pinky in the soil to see how far down it's still wet. Usually the top will dry out but will still be wet not far from the surface for a while. Dont just water everytime the top of the soil dries out or you can rot the roots

I cant really help you on the nutrient questions, when I grew in soil I didn't use many nutrients. I got a good soil called black gold and during vegetative I used some ammonium sulfate (pure nitrogen) and didn't use anything during flower because I didn't learn about molasses until later.

The buds weren't huge or dense but they tasted/smelled good and smoked well once cured.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: Dirtygoat]
    #775216 - 04/05/15 04:16 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dirtygoat said:
Dam so much info I'm kinda confused lol... I was hoping to do something like how I did outdoors lol.. Put some seeds, water, harvest. Lolol of course it was a bit more than that but it wasn't too bad.

The hydroponics near me closed down, but there's a gardening store idk if they have the foxfarm but the 10.5 mile drive to next hydroponic is worth the $20 shipping lol.

I also bought the 3nutrient juice on eBay should have that soon.
And my house bought some kangen water that you can press a button for what ph water I want from the spout lol that should work for ph right? And I have ph strips, can I use those for soil?

Sooo... Lol... If I get some of that foxfarm soil put it in a pot, under a hps light 18/6, with a seed in the center, that will eventually be watered with extra nutrients.. according to a schedule (hopefully on the bottle?).. And adjusting ph... Will I have a pretty tree ready to produce some dank nugs?? Lol

I recommend T5 blue spectrum for vegging, then T5/HPS for bloom.  Soil probably the way to go, I'd still get a pH meter and not mess with the strips.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #775252 - 04/06/15 07:15 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Ok.
I did some thinking and I know exactly what happened to your plant.
Your container.
You mentioned it was the kikind with the resevoir.
We all assumed your plant was drying up because when young, overwaterrwateringing/underwatering symptoms can look the same, IF the overwatering involves the roots sitting in stagnant water.

I believe your main roots reached the bottom of yout pot into its bottom which contained the runoff, and just sat in it.
This explains why it died so quickly.

Good drainage is key.
Big holes, gravel.. whatever it takes.

You won't need to get too fancy to grow killer buds. A few key things need to happen.
the main new grower mistakes seem to be overwatering, overfertilizing, and not knowing what pest damage looks like.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #775259 - 04/06/15 07:40 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Most people seem to think their tap water is somehow good.  Most is not good.  At all.  Mine sure isn't, 150 ppm of alkalinity and god knows that buffer they add to get the pH sometimes up to NINE!  NINE!  That's amazingly alkaline, 100x more alkaline than pH 7.0.  It's a log scale...

Anyway, break out some coin folks and get an RO unless you truly do have a good soft hopefully acidic or at least close to pH 7 water source...

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #775326 - 04/06/15 04:14 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I dont buy water.
I just let it sit out. Sometimes with an air pump with airstone in the bucket. Then ph down.

A test pen and ph down is what rocks for me

Buying water and hauling it sounds like a colossal pain in the ass.
A filter would be more logical

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
Re: Plant Looks Sad [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #777228 - 04/28/15 11:25 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

^Distilled water can easily be found for $ .25/gallon bulk and $.80/gallon at grocery stores. Yeah I guess it can be a pain in the ass to haul.. but I manage it without too much hassle.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale