Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
carbon filter vs. ozone generator
    #769322 - 02/17/15 11:31 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Your 2cents??
My gf keeps telling me she can smell weed in several spots in my yard....
I wanna say some of these new genetics I picked like chem dog & trainwreck have compounded the idea.
I'm leaning towards the ozone. my buddy has a carbon filter and the thing is massive. kinda loud too.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: carbon filter vs. ozone generator [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #769336 - 02/18/15 06:26 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Ozone for the win. I just bought one recently and it eliminated the smell around my apartment complex. Carbon filters do some work but not all of it. I had to seal up my ducting with packing tape and exhaust straight outside but its smell free now. I still have the carbon but I doubt it's needed.

Here's the unit I got, the 3.5gr no frills for $60 after shipping. I just tossed it in my ducting right after the fan and it comes on with the fan. It had sharp corners that I had to round cause it poked right through my ducting at first but otherwise its a kick ass unit. Basic and easy to replace the element after the 6-8000 hours its rated for.

And his other products, if you need a larger one. The 3.5gr really puts in some work though.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ozonekits/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: carbon filter vs. ozone generator [Re: phychotron]
    #769338 - 02/18/15 06:48 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Does it need anything else with it?
Also, so... there's no ozone in your room since its in your duct right?

I wanted to just throw it in the room but..
I heard it has some potential harmful health effects maybe. I'm not too worried tho

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#769342 - 02/18/15 08:17 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i got 2 ozone generators

they work well

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: carbon filter vs. ozone generator [Re: P-O]
    #769357 - 02/18/15 03:10 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Is it nasty to be around or anything man?
Also how do you cycle your timings with yours?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #769366 - 02/18/15 06:35 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

You need a fan with the unit I showed, but he has other units with fans. I would not recommend letting it blast in the the room, it devourers odor and I've heard they suck the flavor out of your bud if left on too much. They can mess your lungs up pretty bad if you breath it a lot. Even having it run for the first few seconds will let you know its not something you want to be around. Its suppose to clean the air as it leaves the garden, not while its in there.

I have a temp/humidity controller with two outlets, one has the fan one has the ozone. The high moisture element is good for up to 60% humidity, which is perfect but the element still needs occasional cleaning with alcohol.

I've got a little leakage coming into the room now, but not much.  Smells like chlorine/pool somewhat.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#769493 - 02/20/15 09:39 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

this is something I think ill be investing in once I relocate for may ,good thread..

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
Re: carbon filter vs. ozone generator [Re: dmtcorey]
    #770106 - 02/24/15 10:06 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Definitelty taking notes on this. I've never heard of these before or seen anyone using them.  My apt is garden level and pretty close to the back of another complex with units.  Do you think if I did get one of these it would smell/be caustic to neighbors who walk by? I will have people walk by my ducts at some point unfortunately :/

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: carbon filter vs. ozone generator [Re: Big Bear]
    #770111 - 02/24/15 11:25 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

move ..im looking for a better spot for may ,have a town home but I don't like the fact theres many units close together ,im thinking a 4 plex maybe or a high rise  ,had some close calls with this place.

I have herd ozone works good ,never used it though ,probably works well when properly dialed in

--------------------

Edited by dmtcorey (02/24/15 11:28 PM)

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

#770113 - 02/25/15 12:01 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Well yeah moving is the next step haha.  Hopefully to  Somewhere with a garage or basement, but I gotta pop off a few here first.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #770117 - 02/25/15 03:05 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I vent out to the second story and cannot smell anything ozone or bud related outside there. Directly in front of the vent will have some ozone smell to it. The idea is that you want the ozone in your ducting for as long as possible to give it time to work before it leaves the ducting, otherwise the O3 will get used up on outside particles.

I have the 3.5g model (3.5g of ozone per hour) but the guy sells a kit (not sure why he doesn't sell the completed version) for a 0.5g model. This should produce so little ozone that it might not be noticeable after a few feet in the ducting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-DC-500-mg-hr-Moisture-Proof-Ozone-Generator-Kit-/171649612175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f71d398f
He sells just the 500mg element for $10 with free shipping but the link I posted has the transformer. He gouges it a little considering he doesn't give you a 12v power supply with it. its about $30 when its shipped but you can rest assured its the right power supply for that element. Go check out his product page and you'll see he also has a 1g option if you felt the 500mg might not be enough.

Even a small amount of ozone in the ducting will grab smell. Something that small would probably do best if you used a carbon filter with it.

Once you go ozone its hard to go back, it completely removes the odor.

--------------------

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

#770131 - 02/25/15 09:05 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm if a half gram could be good after a few feet then 1g sounds like it might be okay.  I could easily set it up with 20 feet of ducting and a carbon filter after it.  Preciate all the solid info you've been givin me as of late.  I'm implementing most all of them.  I guess I should start a grow log soon.

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#770134 - 02/25/15 09:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

start that log man ,

another method of venting that works nicly if you don't have any where to exhaust is leaving an ac in the window and set it on a couple 2x3s and vent through the bottom gap ,little off topic but its a good technique to know.

what kind of sneaky ways you guys use to have an undetected exhaust ?

--------------------

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

#770153 - 02/25/15 12:16 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I can't have a window unit.  I have bars on my back window and the front window is huge and I dont wanna blow out in to the main walkway.  My way isn't undetectable at all, but it'll just look like a duct running out of a back window. Since our apartment doesn't have AC hopedully someone will  think its that. I just don't want to bother anyone.  I live in colorado so it's legal for me to grow but I don't want landlord problems

--------------------

Edited by Big Bear (02/25/15 02:11 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #770180 - 02/25/15 06:17 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'd put the carbon filter before the fan so that the air sucks through it, then goes through the ozone. If you get the 1g model you'd be able to run it half as much to get the same quantity, but it would be able to handle more if needed. I don't know the specifics of how to set up ozone properly, but you might be able to find some guides on the internet that will give you an idea of which size unit you'll need.

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#770201 - 02/25/15 08:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

if your in Colorado your golden ,I know where I am I would be pretty uncomfortable running a visible exhausting set up out my window.

--------------------

Invisible0000000000000
    #784422 - 07/06/15 06:05 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

what if it's self sealed? and it reacts with powdered charcoal in a pile over or around it to keep good CO2 levels (balancing the time on and/or the amount of charcoal on/around the ozone generator to prevent too much CO2 from forming while also scrubbing the air)

Ozone reacts with carbon to form carbon dioxide, even at room temperature:
C + 2O3 → CO2 + 2O2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone

what if powdered charcoal is put around the mini ozonator and the rest of the ozone keeps bugs and mold from living?

also "Leafy air filters
To figure out if green plants can clear the indoor air, Dennis Decoteau of Penn State's Department of Horticulture and his colleagues placed three common houseplants — snake plant, spider plant and golden pothos — into chambers in a greenhouse.

Ozone was then injected into the chambers at 10 times normal indoor amounts and concentrations were measured every few minutes until they were reduced to about 3 percent of the initial amount

While it took 75 minutes for ozone levels to come down in plantless chambers, air in chambers with plants reached the target in just 50 minutes. He speculates the plants take in the ozone through their stomates (tiny pores used for gas exchange) and then break it down once inside the plant.

Future research would look at how many plants you need in an office environment and it would look at more realistic levels of ozone," Decoteau told LiveScience. In addition, some plants might be better than others at zapping ozone. "

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32737676/ns/technology_and_science-innovation/t/houseplants-may-make-indoor-air-healthier/#.VZolI45n21E

EDIT: read that carbon monoxide is produced as well so that adds more variables.

Edited by 0000000000000 (08/12/15 05:16 PM)

OfflineJessesun
Ozone experts
    #849801 - 09/22/21 12:26 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

How to have ozone to disinfect, sterilize and remove odor?

If you want to sterilize by O3, then CO3 either in air or water(concentration of ozone) must reach required standard and enough contact time, orelse it has no effect, like 0.4ppm, 4mins for drinking water disinfection by O3

If you want to disinfect or removal of odor, usually, it has no requirement for CO3.

Lastly, you need to know that you need to treat with ozone tail gas and control CO3 in the range of safety, like US O3 standard, 0.1ppm, 8 hours.

--------------------
Jesse

CE Environment Technology Co., Ltd

Tel: 0799-6828880 Email: jesse@ceenvironment.com
Add: 610-2 Room, Guangfeng Mansion 118#, Suzhou East Street, Economy & Technology developing district, Pingxiang, province China

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale