Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
who uses THC self test kits?
    #768387 - 02/04/15 06:20 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone have any recommendations for some of the THC self kits that are available online. I'm looking at one that does 20-25 tests for $150.  Since the stuff all looks like basic lab supplies it should be cheap to replace those, I just need to know what they're using for the dye powder and testing liquid solution.

A friend of a friend has an account at a test lab and I sent in a sample to be tested. It'll be good for comparing my results to, but I was meaning to get it tested for awhile now, since I've been growing the Grapegod out for about two years now.

It'll be good to know where I start out at but I still want to test all the stuff I make with it, like coconut oil and tinctures and whatnot.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: who uses THC self test kits? [Re: phychotron]
    #768396 - 02/04/15 08:15 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'm curious as well.  Keep us updated if you get more info on it.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: who uses THC self test kits? [Re: cheezymold]
    #768408 - 02/05/15 01:17 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'll make a post about the lab results when I get them, but not sure exactly when I'm going to get the test kit. Hopefully it will be soon, as I just made 5 quarts of coconut oil to use as a base for cooking, salves, balms and lotions.  Even knowing the %thc going in its still impossible to know if it was all extracted or not.  But I also used mostly trim which makes it even harder to gauge the starting percentage.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: who uses THC self test kits? [Re: phychotron]
    #768469 - 02/05/15 10:36 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Those are cheaper and look more official than the ones I've seen used in videos which were 15$ each and only really show you if you have low medium or high thc. Though the kits I saw were much simpler and just require you put some bud in a jar with the liquid and shake it.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: who uses THC self test kits? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #768479 - 02/06/15 08:30 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

It uses Thin Layer Chromatography, something I've done in Organic Chemistry Lab a few years ago. I just pulled out my copy of "The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual" that outlines all basic lab techniques, tips and tricks. A very fun read, but it also teaches the safest way to perform reactions and tests and will explain why.  I got it for about $20 a few years ago for the class, but now I'm seeing it for $50-75.

But thanks to the internet I found a PDF of the whole book. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in chemistry at all. It was by far the funnest book I'd read for any class. I suggest you download that pdf to your hard drive so you wont have to worry about it disappearing later.

http://survival-training.info/Library/Chemistry/Chemistry%20-%20Organic%20Chem%20Lab%20Survival%20Manual%20-%20Zubrick.pdf

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: who uses THC self test kits? [Re: cheezymold]
    #768513 - 02/06/15 05:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Imo this seems like The best choice thats on the market. I think its.around 200 for 25 tests

http://www.marijuanausa.net/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale