Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice
    #766608 - 01/20/15 07:10 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, I've built a 10x10 foot greenhouse (Looks amazing) for various fruits and veggies, however, I would also like to start a 1-2 plant grow op in a grow tent (20"x36") under a table I've built inside. I have already purchased 10 auto seeds, and have gotten a 150W MH grow light with the timer, and potting soil mix. (Not doing hydroponics)

If i purchase a grow tent, do i need anything else besides the light and plants+pots (such as fans, filters?)

Is this going to be enough light? The store salesman said it would be plenty for 1-2 plants.

I will have PH testers and everything else, basically I need to just know if i need to buy anything else with my Xen-Lux Grow tent.

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: lorrainesic]
    #766610 - 01/20/15 07:26 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: webster10]
    #766611 - 01/20/15 07:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Just did a bit of research on venting systems so ill check that out and get a fan,filter and ducting

After that should i be ready for my grow?

--------------------

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
Willie Nelson quotes

Offlinewebster10

#766614 - 01/20/15 07:51 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Is your ballast MH/HPS convertable? You might want to get an HPS bulb too if so. Other than that, it sounds good.

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

#766617 - 01/20/15 08:15 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

It was part of a lamp kit that does both yes.

Okay so now for my grow:
Auto seeds (10) Different strains
Grow tent +CarbonFilter, Fan, Ducting
150 MH HPS Lamp+Ballast+Reflector+Timer
PH meter (digital)
Organic Potting soil.
Solo cups (Seeding)
3 gal bucket (veg)

Anything else I'm missing? lol I got the light timing and watering down.

--------------------

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
Willie Nelson quotes

Offlinewebster10

#766641 - 01/21/15 07:56 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

3 gal is big for veg. You'll find you want to conserve space but having smaller pots. Especially in veg.

Put up from the solo cup to like a 1 gallon pot at max.

Then you could go to a 3 gal or whatever for flowering. Be sure to give them some time after the final transplant to recover before you flower them.

Offlinewebster10

#766642 - 01/21/15 08:05 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You might want to look into some pest control as well.

Avid has come highly recommended.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: webster10] * 1
    #766661 - 01/21/15 11:25 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
3 gal is big for veg. You'll find you want to conserve space but having smaller pots. Especially in veg.

Then you could go to a 3 gal or whatever for flowering. Be sure to give them some time after the final transplant to recover before you flower them.

You're forgetting the OP is using autos and should use only one container as autos shouldn't be transplanted.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #766662 - 01/21/15 11:29 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Since you are using autos I would start them in 3 gallon pots until you harvest. You can easily get a 3-4 ft tall plant depending on the strain.

Also you are in a greenhouse? Why are you using tent in the GH? IMO you'll do better using the sun and your 150w light. You'll also save some money on electricity. I would also keep them under no less then 18/6.

:2cents:

Offlinewebster10

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #766668 - 01/21/15 11:53 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Quote:

webster10 said:

You're forgetting the OP is using autos and should use only one container as autos shouldn't be transplanted.

Ahhh. Yup. Completely forgot. For autos I'd start in 1 gal pots from seed to harvest.

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #766685 - 01/21/15 01:45 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lorrainesic said:...Anything else I'm missing? lol

Don't know if you're missing it, but you will need a little patience.:smirk:

I started my first indoor grow Dec. first.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/761739/page/1  My last grow was over 7 years ago, some outdoors, some in a little greenhouse.
My seeds were from a good bag of weed, but no 'named' strains. Matter of fact, no real science at all. I didn't check pH, DS-PPM, nutes,(well, some Miracle Grow:facepalm:)
I didn't know about sexing the plants early so I got some seeds in my bud. The end product still turned out pretty decent.

:goodluck: OP, you'll get good solid advice from the folks here at the Growery...:yesnod:
My one auto started to flower about 3 weeks ago, and I just started  12/12 on 3 different strains ( 1 plant each)
I've successfully taken clones from every strain I'm growing, except of course, the auto.
The Growery peeps have been so helpful and informative with this old noob. I may never have to buy a sack of weed again.:thumbup:

As far as patience goes,
I can't fuckin' wait to try my finished product...:waits: 4 :toke:

:heart::growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: vinsue]
    #766704 - 01/21/15 04:26 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the advice on the pots fellas! I'll go with a 1 or 3.

I don't need a pest control if I'm growing in a greenhouse with a grow tent I don't think.

the greenhouse will be full of other plants and flowers and a grow tent will be used for stealth. I'm keeping this grow small and personal. living at home while I finish my last semester of college. I am wanting to grow tons of veggies and got the tent because I wanted to try this on the side:) thanks people! and being a grower of many veggies I have full patience for plants of all kinds!

thanks! keep suggestions coming!:smile:

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Offlinewebster10

#766707 - 01/21/15 04:52 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You might want to put some very fine screen over your intake if other plants are growing in the green house. bugs would surely be able to enter through the intake. And growing around other plants in a green house is all of the more reason to buy something for pest control. Your grow, not mine, you know what goes in your space, I don't. It's your call in the end but it's always nice to have some pest control on retainer.

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: webster10]
    #766733 - 01/21/15 08:36 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think the way I'll have it set up will leave room for insects but I will have some pesticide on hand incase:)

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #766955 - 01/23/15 03:11 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

the bugs love weed more than you do. just sayin'

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: 40oz]
    #767301 - 01/25/15 10:32 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

So my greenhouse is fully built, got my grow tent, lamp, vent/fan and now I'm just waiting on my seeds to arrive! I'm going to grow Purple Express and Northern Lights first. (2 plants)

What soil mix should i get? Heard a lot of bad about miracle grow haha and a lot of good about foam fox or something like that:P I was about to just grab some organic mix from the Nursery store. I read how strong/easily it is grown all over the world so I figured that regular organic mix would be fine.

Also, I've read that auto seeds require no light time setting, where as it just flowers on its own over time when it matures :O I thought I had to switch from 16on8 off then from 12to12 :P I'll prolly still end up setting my light timer though.

I'M EXCITED GUYS! GONNA BUST OUT MY FIRST GROW LOG:crazy2:

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#767313 - 01/26/15 03:43 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Sweet nice to meet ya and cant wait to see your log.Ok with autos you dont need to switch the light! they flower under 24/o
ITs and age thing with autos! Dont ever use MG it fucks with the plant so bad ! FoxFarm is great I would go with that if you can get your hands on it.When you pop them autos you put them strait into 3 gal pot. Dont want to stress the girls with any TP.

Keep us updated man happy growin

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #767384 - 01/26/15 06:45 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Running my 150HPS light in my grow tent 24/7 is it going to get too hot? Even with a vent running I would worry about a fire or tons of electricity. I'm very new to this so not sure on electric price or heat generated from continuous use.

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#767387 - 01/26/15 06:54 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

oo its going to get warm! If you have your set up right you shouldnt have heat or fire prob.

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st grow getting prepped up! Need some advice [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #767388 - 01/26/15 06:56 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I know autos don't require the light timing, but should i do it anyways just for the sake of safety? At least that way, they would get a few hours to cool off a bit

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom