Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

stiff and drooping leaves
    #762683 - 12/21/14 08:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? 23 days
3. How tall are your plants? 3.5"
4. What size containers are they planted in?   
  2.5 gallon of soil
5. What is your soil mix? Roots organic
6. How often do you water and what type of   
  water do you use and how much you give per 
  watering? 3-4 days, tap water after sitting
  out for 24 hours,and about 24 ounces of 
  water per.
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what 
  is its NPK ratio? Maxigro 10-5-14
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants
  with anything? occasionally by accident if
  soil needs.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how
    many watts combined? 5 26w cfl 6400k
    (130w)
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
    About 3" above
12. What size is your grow space in square
    feet? Inside buckets
13. What is the temperature and humidity in 
    your grow space? 77°- 82°. Dry
14. What is the pH of the soil? Unknown at
    this time.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in   
    your grow space? None
16. How much experience do you have growing?
    None

I watered 2 days ago with first dose of nutes. Used a quarter of the recommended dose. Now the lower half has curled downward, and leaves has seriously stiffened. The top of the plant isn't nearly as rigid.

Anyone know what's wrong with her?  Also, she's a northern lights auto fem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Rev. Bud Green]
    #762723 - 12/22/14 07:51 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

"She's a Northern Lights Auto-Fem". 

There might be your problem!  Wouldn't it be Auto-Flower?

I think you aren't keeping things moist enough, lightly water every other day rather than heavier every 3-4 days.  Water the edges of your container too, and away from your plant to encourage the roots.

You may have the dreaded fungal gnat larvae just chawing at your Roots and not even know it yet, but when you see the adult gnats that will be confirmation.

The curling downward is perhaps not end of the world and kind of strain dependent.  It also can indicate water issues either too much or too little.  But really they look OK and maybe even in need of more ferts.  Up it to 1/3 next time and see what happens.

Also, feel just how warm it is a mere 3" from your bulb, and then imagine how the plant feels with that heat source pounding down on it's head.  Does it want that?  Probably not.  Back it up to 6" away.  You got a tiny plant that doesn't need that right now...

Edited by GoonerHeClips (12/22/14 07:54 AM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #762736 - 12/22/14 09:29 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

well hes in alot of soil. and is watering way to much.I grow in 5 gallon buckets! When my plants are that small.I might water them every two weeks if there little. When they get bigger they use more water so.

Dude you are drowning your plant. I think I told you this before.I dont know the makeup of roots soil but if its like FoxFarm, you shouldn't need to feed for like a month and a half.

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #762747 - 12/22/14 10:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yes u told me before, so I did cut back some. But when I stick my entire finger in the soil, and its bone dry, its hard to just given some hehehe.

Also, yes autoflower, feminized.

I always read that with CFLs u wanted them very close. Its not too hot in my opinion, but I will move the lights up another 3 inches and c what that does.

A week ago she was bushy and perked up. I'm just worried now cuz to me it appears as if she's dying.

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#762759 - 12/22/14 10:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Also, when you say "tap" water, what is the TDS and pH of it right out of the tap?  If it's hard and alkaline, and with unknown minerals, get yourself an RO system, or buy some soft water a few gallons of Crystal Geyser at a buck a gallon, there you go for a test...

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#762761 - 12/22/14 11:21 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ok did you pick your container up? thats how you know if its dry.

Here is a pic of some plants

The big one gets water like once a week and the little ones they might go two weeks with out watering again.

Just to give you an idea of how much a plant uses water.

Plus I keep an index card on all my plants with there feeding/watering.So no matter what I  know what i did to her.

Look at the dates  this plant is in 5 gallon and huge .

I just lift and see ,sometimes i can put my hand all the way down in dry soil but the weight  of the bucket tells me different.

Thats my thought on your drowning girl.:wellidunno:

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #762814 - 12/22/14 05:06 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

almost sounds like you answered your own question...
Basically, you're saying your plant was fine, then you gave it nutrients and now its bummed.
**  Always be careful about juicing young plants.
Especially if your soil is already nutrient rich. 

I believe the downward curl or "claw leaf" look is caused as a response to nitrogen toxicity.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #762878 - 12/23/14 06:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

do you have purpling in your stems or vains in the leaves?

let your plant dry out ,do a light watering with a dissolved solution 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gal of water , i cant see the color on the stems but treating it as an magnesium deficancy is better then not treating it at all!

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: dmtcorey]
    #762898 - 12/23/14 08:32 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ok your plants are under a month old how many times have u feed it? cause most potted plant soils like fox farm or roots have nuits in it and shoudl easly give u a month to 6 week with out having to give it anything.you should not have feed it at all. the only things u woudl have been safe to use are like a humic acid (like liquid karma) or a root growth booster.

so the question is how many times have u feed it ?? cause if u been feeding it a few times sense u started to grow it then u have way to many nuits in the soil and burning the plant and more then likely causing lock out.

also u got to be very careful with autos. they are very very sensitive in almost every aspect of growing. They get stressed out very easy. they dont liek to be transplanted and doing like to be trainned. if they get very stressed out they go right into flower.

also this is off subject but how many hours of light are you giving them? you should be giving them 20 hours of like for grow and flower stage. the reason u need to give them 20 hours from start to finsh is because of there such short lifespan they need a shit load of light to be able to get as much growth then to help them produce yeild(of what little they can get)

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #762908 - 12/23/14 09:22 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I have been lifting the bucket to compare weight with a similar bucket with same amount of soil, as u suggested. I also keep a log of activity.

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

#762909 - 12/23/14 09:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

There is no purpling. Will try the salt instead of nutes next watering.

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Mrshroom]
    #762910 - 12/23/14 09:27 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The plant has only been fed nutes one time.

Light cycle is set for 18/6. Should I up it to 20/4?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #763086 - 12/24/14 09:02 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

NO NUTES.  NO SALT. 

Jesus fucking christ.  This plant is in 2.5 gallons of soil and has plenty of nutrients to feed off of.

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
do you have purpling in your stems or vains in the leaves?

let your plant dry out ,do a light watering with a dissolved solution 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gal of water , i cant see the color on the stems but treating it as an magnesium deficancy is better then not treating it at all!

This is just horrible advice.  Hey, lets treat, cause treating without knowing is the way to go. 

Super bad idea.  If the plant already has enough nutrients, and you already burned them with more, you aren't going to "treat" it by adding more nutrients. 

Budgrower was spot on with this one.  Stop watering, and stop the feeding.  Feel how heavy the container is.  Pick it up about every 3-4 days.  Once its pretty dang light, then you water.  It will take a bit to get it down, but it's the best way to determine.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #763096 - 12/24/14 10:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Hea thanks Hawk! You and a few others are the ones that held my hand while a learned. LOL

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #763503 - 12/27/14 03:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
NO NUTES.  NO SALT. 

Jesus fucking christ.  This plant is in 2.5 gallons of soil and has plenty of nutrients to feed off of.

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
do you have purpling in your stems or veins in the leaves?

let your plant dry out ,do a light watering with a dissolved solution 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gal of water , i cant see the color on the stems but treating it as an magnesium deficiency is better then not treating it at all!

This is just horrible advice.  Hey, lets treat, cause treating without knowing is the way to go. 

Super bad idea.  If the plant already has enough nutrients, and you already burned them with more, you aren't going to "treat" it by adding more nutrients. 

Budgrower was spot on with this one.  Stop watering, and stop the feeding.  Feel how heavy the container is.  Pick it up about every 3-4 days.  Once its pretty dang light, then you water.  It will take a bit to get it down, but it's the best way to determine.

whats with the attitude bro ? i cant see by flushing with a ph balanced solution and a micro amount of mag being as huge deal as you make it out to be . i think a flush with a micro amount of something that aids the plant in becoming green again is a fair call imo. maybe the poster has already made some changes hear ,i wouldnt mind hearing whats going on .
if infact the soil the poster is using already has nutrients in it and was bought like that ,then starting a flush with pure water would be..a way to go ! im going from my experience with using seaweed and epsom salt for bringing unhealthy plant around ,has worked for me many times have a nice day and have a little dam respect to 

--------------------

Edited by dmtcorey (12/27/14 04:00 PM)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#763512 - 12/27/14 04:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
NO NUTES.  NO SALT. 

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
do you have purpling in your stems or veins in the leaves?

let your plant dry out ,do a light watering with a dissolved solution 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gal of water , i cant see the color on the stems but treating it as an magnesium deficiency is better then not treating it at all!

whats with the attitude bro ? i cant see by flushing with a ph balanced solution and a micro amount of mag being as huge deal as you make it out to be . i think a flush with a micro amount of something that aids the plant in becoming green again is a fair call imo. maybe the poster has already made some changes hear ,i wouldnt mind hearing whats going on .
if infact the soil the poster is using already has nutrients in it and was bought like that ,then starting a flush with pure water would be..a way to go ! im going from my experience with using seaweed and epsom salt for bringing unhealthy plant around ,has worked for me many times have a nice day and have a little dam respect to 

the reason he is saying that is because u just dont throw stuff in when u dont knwo what the prob is. And the prob comes across that there is too much nutrients in the soil and he gave it some so its burning the plants... so with adding more micro nutrients all its going to do is cause more problems. so with the plant having stuff in it and with what he added we need to get it out... and give the plant time to recover.  just throwing stuff in wont help.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Mrshroom]
    #763515 - 12/27/14 05:20 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

it could be that there are to many nuts ,thats one possibility ! another it that the ph is off and the plant cant metabolize the nuts that are in the soil ! maybe jumping to the conclusion that it has to many nuts is wrong ,but flushing with a ph balanced solution with a trace amount of mag vary well might tell you if it was to many nuts ,or if it was just a ph issue so its not just throwing stuff in ,its perturbing the situation to gain information on what is going on ,it will tell you if its to many nuts or it will tell you if its a simple ph issue and if you hadnt put in a micro amount of mag it might had never been knowen what the problem was .

--------------------

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

#763555 - 12/28/14 04:53 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Now 4 weeks old, and looking much better I think. I chopped the bucket top off and placed her in my new tent, with a 4 tube t5 cfl fixture, with old cfl bulbs as surrounding light. The stalk on this girl is HUGE, but she's only about 8" tall. Since she's an autoflower she's only got about a month and half until harvest.

I withheld watering after last advice to do so. Finally watered yesterday, with NO NUTES, turned the lights off for 6 hours, and came back and took this pic. She's much bushier, but some of the lower leaves have some brown and even rust colored patches. I know yellowing near bottom is normal, but what about the rusty color?

Since she'll b ready soon, I started germination of a delicious critical super silver haze. Still feminized, but this one is photoperiod.

Also, the pH is always 6-6.5. I'm very thorough about my pH since I don't have any of the fancy expensive monitors. I checked my runoff from this recent drink. It was yellowish, but pH was 6.  I'm using the pH up/down kit with the drops, to check. Sometimes its hard to distinguish some of the colors, but I always get a second opinion if I'm having trouble.

Edited by Rev. Bud Green (12/28/14 05:05 AM)

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#763556 - 12/28/14 06:47 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

The pH kit with the drops is just OK.  Since it ends at 6.0 with yellow, I suspect you may be below 6.0 at times and just not know it.  Also with a runoff of 6.0 that would mean maybe going in a little lower than 6.0  Also, 6.0 seems low for soil going in period, or out.  More of a hydroponics/coco best pH.  I think you'd be better 6.4 or higher in soil but others of course can disagree.  In any case, do yourself a favor, spend the $75 bucks or so and get an Eco pH tester.  So much nicer plunking it in, waiting a few seconds, and getting your reading down to 0.1 pH.

Also, yellow spotting in veg really isn't "normal".  Your top growth looks good so time will tell...

Edited by GoonerHeClips (12/28/14 07:33 AM)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#763558 - 12/28/14 07:13 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rev. Bud Green said:
Now 4 weeks old, and looking much better I think. I chopped the bucket top off and placed her in my new tent, with a 4 tube t5 cfl fixture, with old cfl bulbs as surrounding light. The stalk on this girl is HUGE, but she's only about 8" tall. Since she's an autoflower she's only got about a month and half until harvest.

I withheld watering after last advice to do so. Finally watered yesterday, with NO NUTES, turned the lights off for 6 hours, and came back and took this pic. She's much bushier, but some of the lower leaves have some brown and even rust colored patches. I know yellowing near bottom is normal, but what about the rusty color?

Since she'll b ready soon, I started germination of a delicious critical super silver haze. Still feminized, but this one is photoperiod.

Also, the pH is always 6-6.5. I'm very thorough about my pH since I don't have any of the fancy expensive monitors. I checked my runoff from this recent drink. It was yellowish, but pH was 6.  I'm using the pH up/down kit with the drops, to check. Sometimes its hard to distinguish some of the colors, but I always get a second opinion if I'm having trouble.

if you are watering your girls with water that is under 6.5 that is not good if your ph is below 6.5 you will have nuit lock out cause in soil anthing under 6.5 to 6.0 there are three nuts that are locked out ....
here is a link to another site but it has a good ph meter chart you should look at  http://www.420magazine.com/forums/indoor-soil-cultivation/114733-ph-nutrient-uptake-charts.html

its the first chart and the first chart has two sets hydro and soil.. look at the set on the right for the soil

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds