Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Mrshroom]
    #763563 - 12/28/14 07:38 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

glad your plant came around for you ,that damage on the lower leaves will remain there as your plant has new growth ,your plant is on track good luck

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: dmtcorey]
    #763582 - 12/28/14 09:54 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
NO NUTES.  NO SALT. 

Jesus fucking christ.  This plant is in 2.5 gallons of soil and has plenty of nutrients to feed off of.

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
do you have purpling in your stems or veins in the leaves?

let your plant dry out ,do a light watering with a dissolved solution 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gal of water , i cant see the color on the stems but treating it as an magnesium deficiency is better then not treating it at all!

This is just horrible advice.  Hey, lets treat, cause treating without knowing is the way to go. 

Super bad idea.  If the plant already has enough nutrients, and you already burned them with more, you aren't going to "treat" it by adding more nutrients. 

Budgrower was spot on with this one.  Stop watering, and stop the feeding.  Feel how heavy the container is.  Pick it up about every 3-4 days.  Once its pretty dang light, then you water.  It will take a bit to get it down, but it's the best way to determine.

whats with the attitude bro ? i cant see by flushing with a ph balanced solution and a micro amount of mag being as huge deal as you make it out to be . i think a flush with a micro amount of something that aids the plant in becoming green again is a fair call imo. maybe the poster has already made some changes hear ,i wouldnt mind hearing whats going on .
if infact the soil the poster is using already has nutrients in it and was bought like that ,then starting a flush with pure water would be..a way to go ! im going from my experience with using seaweed and epsom salt for bringing unhealthy plant around ,has worked for me many times have a nice day and have a little dam respect to 

Because you didn't tell him to flush.  You just told him to add Epsom salt on his next watering.  If I see bad advice I'm going to call it out.  And what you gave him was bad advice.  Of course the soil he is using has nutrients in it, that was covered earlier, but you addressed none of this in your original post. 

Its fine if you're offended by my post.  I could care less.  But you're advice was bad.  And that's the bottom line.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #763677 - 12/29/14 09:22 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:
Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
NO NUTES.  NO SALT. 

Jesus fucking christ.  This plant is in 2.5 gallons of soil and has plenty of nutrients to feed off of.

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
do you have purpling in your stems or veins in the leaves?

let your plant dry out ,do a light watering with a dissolved solution 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gal of water , i cant see the color on the stems but treating it as an magnesium deficiency is better then not treating it at all!

This is just horrible advice.  Hey, lets treat, cause treating without knowing is the way to go. 

Super bad idea.  If the plant already has enough nutrients, and you already burned them with more, you aren't going to "treat" it by adding more nutrients. 

Budgrower was spot on with this one.  Stop watering, and stop the feeding.  Feel how heavy the container is.  Pick it up about every 3-4 days.  Once its pretty dang light, then you water.  It will take a bit to get it down, but it's the best way to determine.

whats with the attitude bro ? i cant see by flushing with a ph balanced solution and a micro amount of mag being as huge deal as you make it out to be . i think a flush with a micro amount of something that aids the plant in becoming green again is a fair call imo. maybe the poster has already made some changes hear ,i wouldnt mind hearing whats going on .
if infact the soil the poster is using already has nutrients in it and was bought like that ,then starting a flush with pure water would be..a way to go ! im going from my experience with using seaweed and epsom salt for bringing unhealthy plant around ,has worked for me many times have a nice day and have a little dam respect to 

Because you didn't tell him to flush.  You just told him to add Epsom salt on his next watering.  If I see bad advice I'm going to call it out.  And what you gave him was bad advice.  Of course the soil he is using has nutrients in it, that was covered earlier, but you addressed none of this in your original post. 

Its fine if you're offended by my post.  I could care less.  But you're advice was bad.  And that's the bottom line.

if there was a little consideration showen there would be no offence taken ,personally i hope your uncaring attitude doesnt seep over into other areas of your life !

i build my own base medium when it comes to soil ,im not educated with these plug n play mixes ,yes i over looked the posters soil had all the additives in it already ,i still doubt flushing with a mild dose epsom salt would do anything to hurt the plant .

i grow with 404020 soil,pro,perlite ,considered a soil mix ,i bet you would say water with a solution of 6.5 ,,not the case ! its dialed to 5.4 ,and when ever i have had problems i have flushed with both straight water and a mild epsom salt or seaweed solution and im basing my advice on what the plants have personally told me so dont bash my shit .

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#763679 - 12/29/14 09:44 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

if there was a little consideration showen there would be no offence taken ,personally i hope your uncaring attitude doesnt seep over into other areas of your life !

i build my own base medium when it comes to soil ,im not educated with these plug n play mixes ,yes i over looked the posters soil had all the additives in it already ,i still doubt flushing with a mild dose epsom salt would do anything to hurt the plant .

i grow with 404020 soil,pro,perlite ,considered a soil mix ,i bet you would say water with a solution of 6.5 ,,not the case ! its dialed to 5.4 ,and when ever i have had problems i have flushed with both straight water and a mild epsom salt or seaweed solution and im basing my advice on what the plants have personally told me so dont bash my shit .

but there is a huge diff between your mix and his. his mix is 100% store bough with is loaded with HUGE amounts of nuts that takes 4-6 weeks to use up enoff before its even safe to consider adding anything cause its soo hot with nuts. 

but were with yours you are cutting the nuts down buy 60% with the pro mix and perlite.... and i make that assumtion based that the other 40% soil has nuits. so if thats the case the stuff u are adding your plants needs because your mix does not have any were near the nuts his does.

so that is why its a bad idea for him to start adding stuff cause his soil has way to much shit in it from the bag and he did 1 feeding before the plant could even handle whats in the soil. so its over kill with adding more stuff for his soil and will fuck his plants up even more.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#763682 - 12/29/14 10:21 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mrshroom said:

but there is a huge diff between your mix and his. his mix is 100% store bough with is loaded with HUGE amounts of nuts that takes 4-6 weeks to use up enoff before its even safe to consider adding anything cause its soo hot with nuts. 

but were with yours you are cutting the nuts down buy 60% with the pro mix and perlite.... and i make that assumtion based that the other 40% soil has nuits. so if thats the case the stuff u are adding your plants needs because your mix does not have any were near the nuts his does.

so that is why its a bad idea for him to start adding stuff cause his soil has way to much shit in it from the bag and he did 1 feeding before the plant could even handle whats in the soil. so its over kill with adding more stuff for his soil and will fuck his plants up even more.

Quote:

Mrshroom said:

:booooom:  True talk man!

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #763710 - 12/29/14 03:27 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

yes for the most part i agree ,true enough ! and for the other part i leave open for experimenting !

like i had mentioned before i was not aware the poster was using a soil loaded with nuts but the last thing i want to hear when im having my morning coffee tending to the garden is some negative shit.

anyways i look forward to seeing your guys grows in the journal section ,ill be starting a report on some jordan of the islands gear if anyone is interested.

--------------------

Edited by dmtcorey (12/29/14 03:42 PM)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#763712 - 12/29/14 03:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
yes for the most part i agree ,true enough ! and for the other part i leave open for experimenting !

like i had mentioned before i was not aware the poster was using a soil loaded with nuts but the last thing i want to hear when im having my morning coffee tending to the garden is some negative shit

there is nothing wrong with experimenting, but it has its place on our own plants, give advice that involves other plants is just not cool cause if that advice kills someone plant then they just lost either expensive seeds or clones and time growing it and the money wasted on the light growing.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#763714 - 12/29/14 03:48 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

counldnt agree more mrshroom ,great advice .

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #763740 - 12/29/14 09:35 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Again, you never told him to flush before hand.  Still awful advice to give someone who us experiencing nutrient toxicity.  I could care less if I offend you, if it helps the poster to not follow bad advice.  I'm not here to coddle people, but to make sure advice like that gets out there. 

You really should not be so sensitive.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #763827 - 12/30/14 01:44 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

well its cool man ,i guess trying to be conscious of others takes sensitivity and i find the more considerate i am the more secluded i become ,i guess i just dont like the feeling i get when i get blasted i have got good information from you in the past and i would like to keep it like that .
its just a simple misunderstanding
peace out

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#764040 - 01/01/15 10:25 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

there is probably more dissolved solids in the tap water the poster is flushing with compared to the solution i suggest done with RO water .

and there would be much more dissolved solids in a nut containing soil compared to the solution i suggested and the posters plant was fine flushing with more dissolved solids in the medium then i suggested using in a flushing solution .

its not a big deal imo, but if i had knowen the soil was loaded with nuts and there was already a source on micro nuts available i would have suggested pure water like you mentioned even adding another 75 ppms i doubt would be an issue

--------------------

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

#764155 - 01/02/15 10:44 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

So far it looks better than before. Just been watering with nothing added. Getting bigger. Will post more pics soon. Thanks for everyone's help.

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: Rev. Bud Green]
    #764461 - 01/06/15 09:22 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Day 31 for first pic, and 38 for 2nd. Been watering with no nutes, about every 4-5 days, and misting leaves every other day. Do the yellow tips look like mute burn, or heat stress? Average temp is 80° and CFLs are about 5" away, on an 18/6 hr cycle.  If I need to flush what part of light cycle should I do it? When they come on, go off, or what?

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #764520 - 01/06/15 08:58 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Is this thing starting flowering mode? (If so, keep the foliage dry) looks like she got wet...
Looks happy though... 

If it were mine I wouldn't flush it as it appears to be working through it, but
most people do things involving water when the light cycle starts so the plant can use that water when its doing work. Not the most important thing in the world really though

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #764533 - 01/07/15 02:49 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yes they are both autoflower and are in flowering. I didn't know not to mist the leaves, but that will stop now. I'd rather not flush if its not needed. Got about 3-4 weeks until harvest.

Offlinewebster10

#764535 - 01/07/15 05:36 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You have more than 4 weeks until harvest

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: webster10]
    #764537 - 01/07/15 05:56 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I will believe u more than the seed package. Just by the looks, how long would u guess?

Offlinewebster10

#764540 - 01/07/15 06:09 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Well, for autos a seed company just wants to post the quickest finishing time. Autos can develop some buds pretty quickly but honestly from the looks of things I'd say 5-6 weeks. Definitely stop the spraying, you don't want to accidentally rot the buds. Just keep posting pictures every once in a while and some members will weigh in on finishing time when it becomes more clear when it's going to finish

OfflineRev. Bud Green
Experienced Toker
Male User Gallery

Re: stiff and drooping leaves [Re: webster10]
    #764550 - 01/07/15 08:37 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Cool, thanks. What's your opinion on flushing? Does it look like I may need to?

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#764553 - 01/07/15 08:57 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

ok most autos will go between 4-5 weeks for flowering. but when i grow my autos ill go between 5-6 weeks. give them a extra week to make sure all the trics are all changed over from clear to a milk white and amber mix. But that is also based on my strains so u will need to look up the strain to find out what the recomended flowering time is. also make sure you check the trics cause that is the only way to really know when its ready.

also as for flushing u want to flush a week to two weeks before harvest to help flush all the excess nuits out of the soil wich will help allow the plant to use up what is stored in it so that it will help make a smoother smoke

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck