Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

PH powder ?
    #761294 - 12/11/14 08:31 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Ok So I have been using liquid ph up and down since I started.:blowmybrainsout:

http://www.amazon.com/pH-Dry-Powder-2-2-Lbs/dp/B00B0NHIZG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1418311705&sr=8-11&keywords=ph+up

Fuck paying for water!

I lust found powder ph !! 2.2 lb bag.

Here is my questions?

Does anyone use this?

and how?

I mean there is all kinds of ways like , Do you put it in a little worm water to dissolve. then add to gal?

Lookin to see if any one uses this and how?

Thanks for your post in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: PH powder ? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #761295 - 12/11/14 08:41 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If I ever need a pH up, Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt works well.  For pH down, wouldn't a gallon of phosphoric acid at around 20 bucks a gallon from GH do the job, for like forever almost?

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: PH powder ? [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #761296 - 12/11/14 08:50 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i use the powdered stuff at work. you dilute it out into a jug of water and then use that as your pH up/down.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #761297 - 12/11/14 09:08 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I used to use Gen Hydro pH down in both liquid and powder form. They're pretty weak so I switched to Advanced Nutrient's pH down, which is really strong. Never had a need for pH up.

The stuff dissolves easily but liquid is easier to use (maybe make a liquid bottle with the dry powder?) for measuring out reasons. I use a mL dropper for small amounts and have my exact formula down so I stopped measuring pH all together (that and my meter broke.) I use 1mL AN pH- per gallon of nutrients. I think I remember using between 4 and 8 mL of GH per gallon of nutrients. The AN stuff is so strong that it can be difficult adjusting the pH on a gallon or two. I don't care to get the pH exact, just low enough to be within that 5.8 range. 

Scooping the powder is a pain in the ass cause you always get some on you and have more spillage. I felt like I should have worn a rubber glove every time I used the stuff. It seemed like an eye hazard as well.

Here's a comparison of Gen Hydro and Advanced Nutrient's pH down (both liquid.) I wish I would have taken the test further until the Gen Hydro bottomed out, but basically you can see how much faster the AN drops the pH of plain water.

I'm not sure how the AN pH+ works, but if its like the pH- then well worth the investment. Its around ~20 for each and the AN stuff is super concentrated.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: PH powder ? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #761298 - 12/11/14 09:10 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
i use the powdered stuff at work. you dilute it out into a jug of water and then use that as your pH up/down.

Sweet can you give me some specs.

and how long does it last after you mix? Can i just put that bottle on the shelf time next time?

Thanks for the help.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#761299 - 12/11/14 09:18 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ive never made it at work, but i think we go a little stronger than what the instructions say. we just use some old gallon jug for our pH up, and we use GHs liquid pH down. their pH down has always been really strong, in my personal experience. that might be why we use it at work. or maybe thats just what we bought at the time cause thats all the store had in stock, who knows. i still have a quart of it i bought a few years ago. a little goes a long way.

we make a gallon of pH up at a time and it takes a few months for us to go through it. probably 3 months. i dont think it has a shelf life, or at least a short shelf life. just make sure to shake everything up before you use it.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: PH powder ? [Re: phychotron]
    #761300 - 12/11/14 09:18 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I used to use Gen Hydro pH down in both liquid and powder form. They're pretty weak so I switched to Advanced Nutrient's pH down, which is really strong. Never had a need for pH up.

The stuff dissolves easily but liquid is easier to use (maybe make a liquid bottle with the dry powder?) for measuring out reasons. I use a mL dropper for small amounts and have my exact formula down so I stopped measuring pH all together (that and my meter broke.) I use 1mL AN pH- per gallon of nutrients. I think I remember using between 4 and 8 mL of GH per gallon of nutrients. The AN stuff is so strong that it can be difficult adjusting the pH on a gallon or two. I don't care to get the pH exact, just low enough to be within that 5.8 range. 

Scooping the powder is a pain in the ass cause you always get some on you and have more spillage. I felt like I should have worn a rubber glove every time I used the stuff. It seemed like an eye hazard as well.

Here's a comparison of Gen Hydro and Advanced Nutrient's pH down (both liquid.) I wish I would have taken the test further until the Gen Hydro bottomed out, but basically you can see how much faster the AN drops the pH of plain water.

I'm not sure how the AN pH+ works, but if its like the pH- then well worth the investment. Its around ~20 for each and the AN stuff is super concentrated.

Hell yea thanks for the info,

I dont know y but my tap water after sitting in the res. all night reads 7.0:wellidunno:

Now when I put anything in the water in drops it way down. depending how much I feed,It has went as low as 3.0.

When i give plan water is the only time I use ph down. GH, That shit is strong. I use like 3 drops for 3 gallon and really have to be careful not to fuck up.

So I go threw this ph up like crazy. Just trying to find cheaper but just as good.

Thanks for the post

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #761302 - 12/11/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Advanced nutrients liquid adjusters are very concentrate just so you know. A gallon bottle of ph up has lasted me since 2010. The powders are killer also. They are also very strong I used the ones from Earth Juice that are suppose to be organic. I've had them since before I did my organic vs chem test.

I'm lazy the earth juice powers dissolve so well I just go straight to the rez with em. I'd have to agree it's better to premix.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#761303 - 12/11/14 09:22 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

always be careful not to overshoot when adjusting pH. you dont want to have both pH up AND pH down in the solution together. 2 buffers fighting against each other isnt good. always take your time.

i'll mix up my nutrients and let em sit for 15 minutes before pH'ing, then waiting again after adding the up or down to get my final pH reading.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #761304 - 12/11/14 09:22 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

pH is not as straigh forward as you might think. There is what's called a 'buffer' or resistance to changes in pH. So if you had RO water it doesnt take much to change the pH drastically, but add some Ca/Mg and it will take significantly more to change the pH by the same amount. If your prone to huge shifts like that you might consider adding some Ca/Mg to help stabilize the pH.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: PH powder ? [Re: Magash]
    #761305 - 12/11/14 09:25 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Advanced nutrients liquid adjusters are very concentrate just so you know. A gallon bottle of ph up has lasted me since 2010. The powders are killer also. They are also very strong I used the ones from Earth Juice that are suppose to be organic. I've had them since before I did my organic vs chem test.

I'm lazy the earth juice powers dissolve so well I just go straight to the rez with em. I'd have to agree it's better to premix.

:happyweed:

lol Thanks Mag I guess I should have posted this before I went out and got a big-ol bag of this ph up from GH

so what your saying is get the earth juice next time.

You know I did two run with the earth juice line. there cheap and worked good.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761306 - 12/11/14 09:32 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
pH is not as straigh forward as you might think. There is what's called a 'buffer' or resistance to changes in pH. So if you had RO water it doesnt take much to change the pH drastically, but add some Ca/Mg and it will take significantly more to change the pH by the same amount. If your prone to huge shifts like that you might consider adding some Ca/Mg to help stabilize the pH.

Funny you say that is because I use cal/mag in every other water. and you know depending on how much water im using i can just use that to bring my ph down.

My water is funny. But I can work with it.

:smokerage: Fuck  maybe thats how im fucking some of my plants up. Im in a hurry and add to much up or down.
Then try and fix it . then feed that shit to them:shitstorm:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761308 - 12/11/14 09:44 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Guarantee this is from my ph being all fucked !! Im going to take it easier !

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #761312 - 12/11/14 09:51 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

A lot of places have high pH to prevent the pipes from rusting. Which is why some people are dependent/adamant on using RO water. It can be hard fighting the buffer they're using to keep the pH up.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#761421 - 12/12/14 04:14 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
A lot of places have high pH to prevent the pipes from rusting. Which is why some people are dependent/adamant on using RO water. It can be hard fighting the buffer they're using to keep the pH up.

My tap water is pH 7.6 but used to actually be 9!  I told the water poisoner guy about it, corralled him up by the well and forced him to admit they were poisoning it.  He actually didn't admit, but isn't it odd that it went back down to 7.6 from 9 by magic just days after our well side convo?  However, the RO comes out at 2 ppm with a pH of over 9.  It's easy to adjust, but still...

Edited by GoonerHeClips (12/12/14 04:15 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PH powder ? [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #761434 - 12/12/14 07:58 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

RO filters don't remove dissolved gasses, which can mess with pH.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#761435 - 12/12/14 09:16 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
RO filters don't remove dissolved gasses, which can mess with pH.

While that's true, a while back without the RO, the pH was 9.0, with a TDS of 155 on the Hanna scale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale