Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Looky what I found * 2
    #758765 - 11/23/14 11:39 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I know this isn't the shroomery, but I'm stoked and wanted to share my stoked-ness .

I went out for a bike ride today to get outdoors for a bit, and to scope out some areas that I thought might hold the right habitat for active mushrooms.

First area I checked out, nothing. Next area, found a few Leratiomyces ceres here and there. I got excited at first when they caught my eye with those white stems and bright caps, then I immediately noted the caps being way to red-ish to be a cyan or allenii. Considering L.ceres grow in the same habitat/conditions as the actives I was looking for, this was a good indicator that I was looking in the proper areas. I rode around for a while longer with out seeing much fungi fruiting in general .

On my way back home I had a random urge to check out this one last spot that I wasn't even planning on checking, there was a perfect break in traffic so I figured I'd make my way across the street really quick and scope it out. I circled through the area and didn't see anything....on my way out of this area I saw a few caps, kneeled down and noticed a slight blue-ing around the edge of one of the caps. Sweet, a small handfuls worth of allenii and I saw some small pins popping up. I was glad to find a little something and to know there were more to come about from the little pins I saw.

Before I made my final trek home I figured I'd look around this area a little bit more thoroughly. As I look up, deeper into the landscaping, :wooyeah:  :zomgzomgzomg:  .

I barely put a dent in this patch as far as what I harvested, there were droves of them carpeting certain areas so thickly you couldn't see the ground beneath. I took probably about 1/16th or less of what I saw out in the open and there were many more within the bushes everywhere I looked. I didn't take pics of the patch itself because it was a very public area and I was in a bit of a rush to grab what I wanted and get out of there.

This is one of the bigger fruits, there was one other a wee bit bigger than this

One of the clusters I accidentally tore up with the mycelium intact .

It's been months since I last tripped, and even longer since the last time I ate mushrooms specifically...now I have handfuls upon handfuls of these, just have to find the right time/place to nom down some of them. These P. allenii are crazy potent too. They often feel at least twice as potent as most of the cubensis I've ate.

-OM

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Looky what I found [Re: openmind]
    #758766 - 11/24/14 12:12 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: Looky what I found [Re: Manitou]
    #758768 - 11/24/14 01:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:rofl:

Indeed.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #758778 - 11/24/14 08:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet find.

Enjoy

:dancingshroom:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleP-O

#758806 - 11/24/14 12:57 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

nice find

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Looky what I found [Re: P-O]
    #758844 - 11/24/14 03:42 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome! I wish more actives grew where I am.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

#758869 - 11/24/14 06:12 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I ate around 10 grams fresh last night, maybe a little over that, equivalent to about 1g dry.....and wooooo weee :mindexpanding: .

Hands down one of the strongest mushroom experiences I've ever had, and this isn't my first rodeo. From an hour after eating them to the two hour point after eating them I was way the fuck out. I sat in my closet for a while (walk in closet, cozy, pitch black, and complete silence) and if I didn't know any better I would have guessed I had just smoked a moderate dose of DMT....it was sooo similar. I even had some brief encounters with various entities that I'm not going to try to describe, something that I've only experienced once before with mushrooms.

That was just what I needed though...feel very refreshed and mentally cleansed after that one.

I plan on taking 3g of these sometime in the next month, or no more than a gram taken with some harmala alkaloids. Also interested in combining a cannabis-edible with mushrooms, something I have yet to do, and I'll have some nitrous on hand next time as well...I can't even imagine what would have happened last night if I inhaled some of that stuff.

-OM

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #758877 - 11/24/14 06:29 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet score dude! :highfive:

You are making me want to go hunting! Not that we have actives here, but I just love hunting edibles and anything interesting to study.
Gotta wait till spring. :sad:

And yeah, fresh mush are a whole 'nother thing, they will eff your shit up in a hurry.
45 grams of fresh cubes was the craziest/most bizarre/scariest experience of my life.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #758915 - 11/25/14 08:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: :highfive:

Awesome man!

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
Re: Looky what I found [Re: drawde] * 1
    #758970 - 11/25/14 03:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:

45 grams of fresh cubes was the craziest/most bizarre/scariest experience of my life.

:rofl2:

For me that was 14g dry.

Never again :lolfat:

OP: Have you taken any prints? And if so, will any be available in the marketplace?

--------------------

Invisibleskippy
Stoner

Loc: Oz
Re: Looky what I found [Re: m00nshine]
    #758990 - 11/25/14 06:07 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nice finds! When do you get access to the marketplace? I've got a heap of wild psilocybe suaberginousa prints here doing nothing

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Looky what I found [Re: skippy]
    #759036 - 11/25/14 08:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms and nitrous is a fucking trip...

so is acid and nitrous

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

#759050 - 11/25/14 08:19 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I found another patch, but P cyanescens this time. It's not as big as the allenii patch I came across, but there are more pins & fruits to come from this one. This is also my first time finding cyans .

Quote:

drawde said:
Sweet score dude! :highfive:

You are making me want to go hunting! Not that we have actives here, but I just love hunting edibles and anything interesting to study.
Gotta wait till spring. :sad:

And yeah, fresh mush are a whole 'nother thing, they will eff your shit up in a hurry.

I do the same during the thick of our mushroom season (late fall to early spring), I go mushroom hunting just to see what's out there...and to photograph and try to ID the various species I find. Some days I dedicate to specifically looking for actives. Practically no one in this town/county even knows active mushrooms grow here, let alone go out and hunt for them. They're said to be "rare" here, but I think that's because no one tries to find them :smirk: .

And I totally agree with you on eating them fresh being a whole different ordeal than eating them dry :yesnod: . There's a certain something about consuming them shortly after they've been picked (suppose they could remain fresh longer if kept in a fridge). It's not only a stronger experience, there's a certain something about taking them fresh that just isn't there when they've been dried.

Quote:

m00nshine said:

OP: Have you taken any prints? And if so, will any be available in the marketplace?

I haven't actually. I mean some of them have dropped spores on the paper while I was drying them out, but I didn't take any proper spore prints. I'm just using the stem butts and bits of mycelium I accidentally pulled up to create more spawn, placing them between damp cardboard.

The next time I harvest some fresh specimens I'll try to get a few prints though. I've only ever taken prints to ID random species. If I was going to make a few prints to offer in the marketplace what would be the most ideal way to go about this?..as far as the best surface/material for the spores to drop on and best ways to go about sending them out.

-OM

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: Looky what I found [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #759067 - 11/25/14 08:28 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:
Shrooms and nitrous is a fucking trip...

so is acid and nitrous

:yesnod:

It is...very much so.

Nitrous oxide pairs so wonderfully well with psychedelics that I like to have it on hand almost every time I trip. In fact, the only time I actually do the stuff is if I'm tripping or rolling.

By itself, not in combination with anything else, nitrous is alright. I wouldn't pass it down if offered but I'm not one to go out and get some nitrous just to do it...but inhaling the stuff while tripping/rolling is incredible and something everyone should do :lol: . The experiences I've had from it while on acid is by far some of the most profound things I've ever experienced, on par with my dmt experiences.

-OM

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #759075 - 11/25/14 08:55 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
there's a certain something about taking them fresh that just isn't there when they've been dried.

Life, dude!

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Invisibleskippy
Stoner

#759076 - 11/25/14 09:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I use baking paper for my prints.

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: Looky what I found [Re: skippy]
    #759508 - 11/27/14 07:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Picked some more :shroompick:  .

-OM
:mushdance:

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
    #759518 - 11/27/14 08:42 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Use aluminum foil. I use an small tub to make prints, although collecting them on top of a shelf, armoir, desk or table is fine.

Lay down a sheet or 2 of paper towels and then lay the foil atop it.
Cut strips of foil so that you can fold it in half after taking a print.
You should fold the pieces before you take the print. Throw another
Paper towel over the caps or shotglasses. Put lid on tub loosely to allow for a little bit of air flow.

Clean the foil with 70 percent alcohol and then lay a cap on one side of the foil.
Remove it the next day. Then, fold the foil over the print and tape up the edges.

Use lysol to keep the area clean.

Prints should be stored in plastic baggies.
Although you can send one through the mail in a folded piece of paper without a bag.
Just make sure the print is well sealed.

--------------------

Invisibleskippy
Stoner

#759557 - 11/28/14 05:39 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Screw going into all that effort with the alchohol and lysol for taking prints from wild mushrooms, definitely do it if you take prints from homegrown but a print from a wild mushroom will be dirty no matter how much you clean to foil.

Invisibledrawde
    #759595 - 11/28/14 12:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

m00nshine said:
Use aluminum foil. I use an small tub to make prints, although collecting them on top of a shelf, armoir, desk or table is fine.

Lay down a sheet or 2 of paper towels and then lay the foil atop it.
Cut strips of foil so that you can fold it in half after taking a print.
You should fold the pieces before you take the print. Throw another
Paper towel over the caps or shotglasses. Put lid on tub loosely to allow for a little bit of air flow.

Clean the foil with 70 percent alcohol and then lay a cap on one side of the foil.
Remove it the next day. Then, fold the foil over the print and tape up the edges.

Use lysol to keep the area clean.

Prints should be stored in plastic baggies.
Although you can send one through the mail in a folded piece of paper without a bag.
Just make sure the print is well sealed.

The best method with foil I have used is to buy 2 of those large disposable foil roasting pans.
You then cut out your strips of foil for printing and seal them in an envelope of foil and place in the roasting pans.
Put the whole thing in the oven, along with scissors and any other tools you are using, @ 350 degrees for half an hour.
Unpack in the most sterile setting you can afford, lay the prints and use your second foil roasting pan as a lid on top.

This method sterilizes, whereas the alcohol only sanitizes.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract