Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Hey is this a shady idea? * 2
    #751040 - 10/04/14 04:58 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, as many of you know I breed seeds. Last summer I released a limited run of my strains (I don't normaly do mail order I sell threw the clubs) cause I wanted you guys to get some decent genetics at a decent price and show my breeding skills. Seems that everybody that tried them got pretty good results and were able to see that I really do the stabilizing of my strains that I say I do.

So here is the question. The guys in Amsterdam simply cross one plant with another and then release the seeds as a new strain. They don't give a fuck that half the plants are sativa dominated and half are indica with a bunch in the middle of the original parents. Flowering times can be all over the place with a single pack of seeds.
Question, what if I were to get a bunch of the popular strains like AK47, Lavender, Heavy Duty Fruity, Big Bud, and so on and make stabilized versions of them. (and feminized of course) In the descriptions of the seeds I'll give full credit to the original breeders of the strains I'm just doing the work they don't want to. (and of course I'll be selling them for the 2 to 4 dollars each rather then the 15 to 20 they do for the unstabilized versions).

Just sick of the bullshit in the seed business and figure people may like seeds that actually do what the description says they will do.

problem is I think the idea sounds shady. :shrug:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: Magash]
    #751041 - 10/04/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:billymaythumbup:

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #751042 - 10/04/14 05:04 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#751049 - 10/04/14 05:15 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I guess I'm missing something here, but I see no shady at work. I actually have no idea what's going on. Free stuff?

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
    #751052 - 10/04/14 05:30 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Not shady at all. Let me know when they're ready :wink:

Offlinewebster10

#751055 - 10/04/14 06:18 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I would normally be worried about the legal implications of "stealing"(what they would accuse you of) their product(in this case the strains).

However, them being a seed company and most likely shipping to countries where it is prohibited, would probably not raise a lot of attention by going to trial or sueing over something this small.

I say go for it, but of course my opinion is bias because if you do this, I'm for sure buying some seeds from you :crazy2:

Invisibledrawde
Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: webster10] * 1
    #751056 - 10/04/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

DO IT MAG

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: drawde]
    #751058 - 10/04/14 06:30 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

DO IT!!! You love the plant like most of us do. They love the dollars. I was VERY happy with your gear. I need more!!

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #751059 - 10/04/14 06:35 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The method I use to stabilize the seeds was learned from a breeder who goes by the name Shantibaba. Many have not heard of him cause he's pretty low key but he is the original breeder of Northern Lights No. 5, NL5 x Haze, Super Silver Haze, White Widow, White Rhino, and White Shark. He is currently the owner of Mr. Nice Seeds and has to be one of the top 5 breeders on the planet.

and I'm not knocking all the seed companies. There are companies like THSeeds, DNA, Mr. Nice, Sensi, Paradise that do the work but there are just so many fly by night places now I just want to give them a little kick in the pants.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibleskippy
Stoner

Loc: Oz
    #751062 - 10/04/14 06:51 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like a wonderful idea!

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: skippy]
    #751072 - 10/04/14 08:04 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Not shady at all. I would love some of your stabilized beans of any strain.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #751077 - 10/04/14 08:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I would do it if you have the time. You never know who might follow the lead. When I get beans I try to learn as much as I can about the genetics but as you all know buying from a seedbank can be hit or miss. Go for it man. Show them how its done!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #751084 - 10/04/14 08:57 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see nothing at all shady about it.

I wouldn't even find tit shady if say you stabilized some of those all time famous clone only strains cali is known for.:smirk:
Buy them I would.:yesnod:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: Stoneth]
    #751086 - 10/04/14 09:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I think the only one who would find a pair of tits shady would be koop...

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#751135 - 10/05/14 09:36 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like a solid idea.  I am surprised the seed companies who are being lazy or lacking follow-through don't hire people like yourself to do the work for them.  They could release unstable seeds, marketed as the "early release" or some shit, then after 2 years or so suddenly say they have stabilized their preferred phenotypes and charge more.  I have wondered about this in the past and I personally attributed selling unstable seeds to the rush to get new products to market or trying to time seed availability with awards or other attention the breeder might be getting.

I am unsure if any TM issues could come of it, but I am sure you would be fine if you gave your product a way to be identified as something different.  This differentiation could also help you market them as a value added alternative.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #751136 - 10/05/14 09:40 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Let me put it like this...

MAG! I'm telling.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: poor boy]
    #751157 - 10/05/14 12:41 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:aweshit:

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #751161 - 10/05/14 01:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
:aweshit:

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Hey is this a shady idea? [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #751166 - 10/05/14 01:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Here is just a small reason as to why I want (and have decided to do) this project. I have to do up a bunch of my strains so I mite as well do this off to the side I have the equipment and space.

Now the example: Serious seeds the breeders of the original AK47 and several other strains had their original parent plants for their strains taken in a raid. Now rather then get a clone of their original AK47 and just telling what happen and going just feminized or crossing it with another strain then back crossing it till it was close to pure again they just went out and got two plants that were the same strain as the original parent plants and started making seeds.  This is total bullshit cause the seeds made didn't come from the original parents the seeds they sell can't be AK47.
Well people started calling them on it in the forums at ICMAG. They tried to address the complaints but kept using bullshit excuses and then just bailed on the forums all-together.

So what this makes me want to do is stabilized versions (using Shantibaba's method) of the original versions of these strains.

I also want to do something that Ken Estes of Granddaddy Purple Seeds did. He has what he calls Original Granddaddy Purple and he has Ken's Granddaddy Purple. Well I'll do stabilized versions like I said but also a Magash remake version just to see how my version stands up.

Here is a example I'd like to do. GDP is a cross of Erkle and Big Bud. I'd like to flavor it up a bit by crossing the big bud with heavy duty fruity. Stabilize that cross then cross it to the Erkle to see what can be made from that.

But that pretty much sums up the project.

Poor Boy said:
Quote:

Let me put it like this...

MAG! I'm telling.

Hmmm....did I unban you. I may need to fix that :nono:

Invisibledrawde
    #751172 - 10/05/14 02:28 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:highfive:

I'm excited!

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom