Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Taking clones from plants already flowering...
    #748316 - 09/16/14 06:12 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I have a pure sativa that I moved to flower exactly 3 weeks ago. I decided to clip a couple clones from the bottom of the plant, any chance these will take root and if so will it be possible to get them to go back to veg? If so will 18/6 work or should I at least start them out under 24 hour light? The rest of the plant has small flowers but these two small branches do not yet.

--------------------
:firecum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #748317 - 09/16/14 06:13 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I've been told you can take clones and reveg them successfully at any stage of growth in the mother plant's life.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: webster10]
    #748320 - 09/16/14 06:25 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

thats going to stress those clones out a lot. taking a cutting in itself is stressful on the plant and clone, but taking a clone from a flowering plant and THEN trying to reveg it doesnt sound like the best idea. i could see those clones growing into hermies.

Offlinewebster10

Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: CrushNazT]
    #748342 - 09/16/14 08:19 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I agree that taking cuttings during flowering is not the best idea. It will put the cutting under a lot of unneeded stress when veg hormones start flooding it's system but other left over hormones from flowering are saying to flower. It will confuse the cutting which as previously stated is all ready confused and stressed out from simply being cut. But it is possible which I think is what he was asking. I'd definitely agree that next time you should take the cuttings during veg

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: webster10]
    #748348 - 09/16/14 08:29 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The'll be fine. Take the cuttings and put them in 18hrs light. The clones will start a process reverting. The leaves will go from 7 blades to 5 to 3 to 1 then start to go back up in numbers again. Almost as if it thinks it's a seedling again and starting over. The reverting process takes about 3 weeks.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: Magash]
    #748354 - 09/16/14 08:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks guys. I normally clone during veg only but this plant had two small (< 3") branches not getting any light so I figured I'd try to get some use out of them. They may not take root but I thought it'd be worth a shot.

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #748365 - 09/16/14 09:35 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well how far into flower do you need to be for monster cropping?

I took a couple clones of something that was already showing sex and they seem just like the branch I took before 12/12 only with that criss cross growth thing I forget the name of.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #749753 - 09/25/14 09:39 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

You do not want to do any cropping, cutting, topping, fimming, training ect to any female cannabis plants while their hormones are triggered to flower.  Any pruning done to plants during flowering causes stress to the plant on a hormonal level which diminishes harvest and or, worse, causes plants to hermaphrodite.  Best to train your plants in vegetation so they can recover from the stress of being trained before being flowered.

Are you trying to say that you once took clones from a pre-sexed, vegging female plant that already exhibited non-semetrical internoding?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Taking clones from plants already flowering... [Re: hamloaf]
    #749767 - 09/25/14 10:51 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey I have a question about this topic... has anyone tried or know if you can re-veg and clone simultaneous? like remove a fully flowered branch, remove just the bud sites, then prepare it like you would a clone? I know you can reveg then clone, but I'm wondering what would happen if you started revegging a cutting before it has roots. too stressful?

though the post before this might have answered my question

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules