Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Super simple living organic grow recipe
    #745916 - 08/31/14 09:08 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Was just listening to an episode of The Adam Dunn show and heard The Rev, writer of True living organics, saying to try this if you want an example of the better tasting buds you can allegedly get from a true organic grow.

-1 bag of organic soil
-1 bag of worm castings
-RO, filtered, or rain water

Edit: IMO you could add Kelp meal and in flower use some guano.

No bloom boosters or anything but what's above. Won't be huge yields, but is supposed to be a simple example of how buds can taste better when you aren't force feeding your plants chemicals or pseudo organics.

Here's the episode of that show too. all about organic living soil

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/03/14 05:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Super simple living organic grow recipe [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #746880 - 09/08/14 07:29 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

you plan on giving this a run? if so let me know how the smoke is, I for one have never been able to really tell a huge difference besides if the hydro grower uses chlorinated water.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Super simple living organic grow recipe [Re: roxxor]
    #747004 - 09/08/14 07:42 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking about it, but it'll be hard until I have clones to more accurately compare. I might try it just for practice though. I also may have the wrong worm castings for this since mine are just 1-0-0 so I'll probably end up adding guano and kelp. Does anyone know if worm castings and coir together would work alright as a potting mix? I kind of like the texture of coir and worm castings together. Oh btw Nature's footprint has slightly fluffier and IMO better coir than GH cocotek. The cocotek bag is bigger, but it doesn't expand as much. The nature's footprint stuff expands back out more and when you squeeze it. They are both washed.

They are kind of convincing in that video when they talk about it giving off more of a "vapor" when you do living organic right vs force feeding fertilizers.

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Super simple living organic grow recipe [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #747117 - 09/09/14 12:05 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
I was thinking about it, but it'll be hard until I have clones to more accurately compare. I might try it just for practice though. I also may have the wrong worm castings for this since mine are just 1-0-0 so I'll probably end up adding guano and kelp. Does anyone know if worm castings and coir together would work alright as a potting mix? I kind of like the texture of coir and worm castings together. Oh btw Nature's footprint has slightly fluffier and IMO better coir than GH cocotek. The cocotek bag is bigger, but it doesn't expand as much. The nature's footprint stuff expands back out more and when you squeeze it. They are both washed.

They are kind of convincing in that video when they talk about it giving off more of a "vapor" when you do living organic right vs force feeding fertilizers.

I don't have any experience growing with coco other than shrooms, but from what ive read most people prefer to mix it into a soil because running just coir requires constant feeding/watering. it probably holds less bacteria aswell so it would be harder to keep your microbes breaking down the solid foods for your plant, you would be flushing out good stuff with each water. I could be wrong though someone else with experience will have to clarify.

Offlinewebster10

#747149 - 09/09/14 02:55 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

From just about everything I've ever read about growing, coco>soil.

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Super simple living organic grow recipe [Re: webster10]
    #747152 - 09/09/14 03:16 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
From just about everything I've ever read about growing, coco>soil.

what are the reasons for that? I hardly ever see any logs where people are using only coco, atleast not that I can see.

Edited by roxxor (09/09/14 03:17 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #747160 - 09/09/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

If you're using organics cause you want to better the earth then that is a cool thing.

If you're using organics cause you think that it's gonna make the smoke taste better I use to believe that crap too. Then I used almost 3 lbs of my own smoke and did a test.

If you want to believe the organic myth don't read this

Nobody on earth can tell the difference between properly flushed smoke no matter how it was grow organic or chem. Simple as that.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Super simple living organic grow recipe [Re: Magash]
    #747163 - 09/09/14 03:37 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
If you're using organics cause you want to better the earth then that is a cool thing.

If you're using organics cause you think that it's gonna make the smoke taste better I use to believe that crap too. Then I used almost 3 lbs of my own smoke and did a test.

If you want to believe the organic myth don't read this

Nobody on earth can tell the difference between properly flushed smoke no matter how it was grow organic or chem. Simple as that.

any studies that show if chems make smoking it worse for you?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #747168 - 09/09/14 04:25 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

You know I've never seen or even been able to find any for that matter and I have looked. The thing is if a plant is properly flushed there should be no chems in the smoke to taste whether organic or chem.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck