Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
How are your summer tempatures?
    #742245 - 07/31/14 12:38 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Today was 95+ outside, I was riding my bike around 5pm and the sun was so blazing hot that my leg felt like it was actually touching something burning, but there was nothing to pull it away from.

The tent is in veg so its getting extra light right now, the high temp so far is 103.5. The plants actually look amazing and taking it like champs. This is one of the reason's I like running LED's. I watched a friends plants suffer last summer under his HID. Silica is also helping out a lot.

I'm doing an extended veg from loosing two from the first heat wave this month that hit while I was out of town and unprepared for. Just going run just the four larger plants instead of my normal 6.

Strange how the plants grow, they're nice and bushy but stopped growing in height, now just putting on stem girth and letting the lower branches catch up. About to flip the switch and try some new experimental nutrient regiment to see how it works. I'll try and post a grow log.

Walked in the other day and they were about to start wilting from lack of water. Forgot they pass a lot more water in these heat waves. Gonna set the alarm for twice a day to check on them.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: phychotron]
    #742246 - 07/31/14 12:54 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've been fighting heat for a month. Just got to water everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I just don't won't to stress out the planets.

My plants are looking good. Will be glad to have this grow over.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: KaptKid]
    #742248 - 07/31/14 01:05 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Outdoor plants deal with this all the time.  It's really not that big of a deal.

Personally my room has been fine.  Staying in the 70's-80's.  But I grow in a basement, and I always will.  If temps start getting above these temps the AC kicks on.

If you have your space setup right, this is almost never an issue, regardless of HID or LED

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #742251 - 07/31/14 01:07 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Outdoor plants deal with this all the time.

Yup, had a high of 104 here today. My ladies are just fine.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Mycophile]
    #742252 - 07/31/14 01:16 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

lol......it's 12:15AM where I'm at and it's 90f right now. The plants can handle it and if you're worried about it just give em a few silica treatments.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Magash]
    #742254 - 07/31/14 01:30 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Ya as long as you remember to water them they can make it. It kinda cools off at night, but its still hard to keep that room cool, it gets full sun all day and only has the one window, and the A/C in the other room is keeping the rest of the house cool, so I can't leave the door open or it'd overrun the A/C. I bought the A/C for the plants originally but said fuck that my comfort is more important.

The problem with HID would be that it'd be a lot hotter in there than 103. It was 110+ in my friends room last summer, his plants did not come out so well. I like the basement idea, let the earth keep the temperatures stable; inertia at its finest.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #742255 - 07/31/14 01:32 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well with properly vented hoods, the HID's aren't an issue.  But I have dedicated AC in case temps get out of control. 

I do think LED is the wave of the future, I just don't think it's there yet for anything even my size of grow yet.  But I do look forward to switching to them at some point.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #742468 - 08/01/14 06:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Its been 100+ for weeks straight. My thermometer was reading 104 yesterday in the shade outdoors.

I know 2 friends each running 6k+ and neither one is experiencing problems right now.

even my little plants are taking it outdoors and no silica

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #743179 - 08/07/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Temps outside where I live are SUPER HOT (over 100 degrees).  I have a dedicated portable 9k BTU AC in case temps get over 80 just like hawk said.  It pays to have your room properly ventilated and your hoods as well.  If everything is setup properly, you shouldn't have any heat issues at all.  My room never gets above 80 degrees since I have installed my portable AC and I am running 3 1K HPS lights in a 10x10 room.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #743181 - 08/07/14 12:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The GH is over 110 daily in direct sunlight and 100 in the shade.

Outside its in the high 90s sometimes in the tripple digits.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #743202 - 08/07/14 03:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have my tent in a room, the exhaust goes into the room and the room is closed except for one window with a fan in it. I had to take the ducting out of the window when a cop told me he could smell my plants and that i had ventilation equipment in the window. He left really pissed off that I wouldn't go into details about my plants, and told the office like a little bitch.

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#743300 - 08/08/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The main reason that I ventilate out of my roof is due to that very reason right there.  If I have lines coming out of my window, someone is bound to stumble upon it.  I used to change meters and I stumbled on a grow house one day, the guy had camera's all around his house and had his ventilation coming out of his window, you could smell the marijuana coming out of the window and also could feel the air coming out of the lines so I knew what he was doing LOL.  He also refused to let me change his meter to a "newer" smart meter.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#743365 - 08/08/14 06:04 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomingChaos said:
The main reason that I ventilate out of my roof is due to that very reason right there.  If I have lines coming out of my window, someone is bound to stumble upon it.  I used to change meters and I stumbled on a grow house one day, the guy had camera's all around his house and had his ventilation coming out of his window, you could smell the marijuana coming out of the window and also could feel the air coming out of the lines so I knew what he was doing LOL.  He also refused to let me change his meter to a "newer" smart meter.

Wait you mean electric meters, right? Do you know if the power companies actually seek out people growing? I don't see why they would waste resources getting people in trouble for spending more money on power. I would think they would want people to spend more. I know they will investigate you if you use significantly less power, because they assume you're cheating them.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #743374 - 08/08/14 07:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, electric meters.  The new smart meters are very intelligent.  They are able to monitor everything about your power basically.  I make sure the place I run things is on a old school meter with a glass globe.  I worked for the local power company for a short contract period (6 months) changing meters in all the towns in an area.  Sweet job but sucked because of all the gear you have to wear in the super hot heat during summer.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#743375 - 08/08/14 07:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the new "smart meter" I was talking about.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #743379 - 08/08/14 07:37 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Do you know if the power companies actually seek out people growing? I don't see why they would waste resources getting people in trouble for spending more money on power.

They probably only seek out growers who are stealing power. Like you said if you're spending more money they are most likely happy about that.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: Mycophile]
    #743389 - 08/08/14 09:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

If you put a strong magnet under the older dial-spinning style meters it will slow the spin down :wink:--just gotta remove it before the meter gets read.  Another trick with those older meters is to drill a hole in the bottom of the glass and put a stick in there to add resistance to the wheel, pray the meter man doesn't see it. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but there are easy ways to cheat those meters.

They put in a new smart meter in my apartment a few years ago, I haven't noticed anything unusual. I think the only thing they'll really be able to tell is if you have equipment on 12/12 cycle and they, if they even look, could spot the peaks. And that would probably only come about from a police investigation/subpena your power bill.

It's not in the power companies best interest to bust paying customers, it would cost too much for too little of a return--you loose a customer AND had to spend money finding them... doesn't make sense from a capitalist point of view.

--------------------

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #743401 - 08/08/14 10:09 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

They put a smart meter at my place but said it was just cuz its wireless and they dont have to come in to our property cuz we had 3 dogs. He said they never have to come anymore.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How are your summer tempatures? [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #743404 - 08/08/14 10:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

ya, they can just drive by and get the meter to download to the computer. They said I'd be able to check usage online but they never hooked the website up to do it.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#743426 - 08/09/14 05:36 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

An experienced grower recently told me to try to avoid getting the new meters installed. He told me he knew a few people that were busted because of them. Apparently, these new meters can detect exactly which lumens(not sure if this is the correct term) are most actively being received by objects in the room. And if the lumens match up with the ones marijuana plants need, they can easily prove you are growing.
Not sure if he said lumens though, it could've been something else. Also, not sure why anyone would be studying your light output so closely unless you have already given someone a reason to. He also said this occurs with the new "sattalite meters."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds