Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

large med grow site ?'s
    #741203 - 07/24/14 08:54 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have been approached about being involved with a large medical grow in Illinois. I have some basic questions on lighting and hydroponics for large facilities. First if we are using 1000watt bulbs how many do I need per sq rt? And how much space do plants on average need spacing wise on hydro trays? Its been yrs since I've done any cultivating and I'm a bit rusty so an tips or help is greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: large med grow site ?'s [Re: jerrylove]
    #741269 - 07/25/14 01:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I suggest browsing these forums and researching things on google, simply because the questions you asked are easily answered by a forum or google search.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #741289 - 07/25/14 06:18 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You should also get started on your own before undertaking a large medical grow in which patients are depending on you.  A lot of things could go wrong, and you need to be on top of your shit

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

Re: large med grow site ?'s [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #741768 - 07/28/14 01:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
You should also get started on your own before undertaking a large medical grow in which patients are depending on you.  A lot of things could go wrong, and you need to be on top of your shit

Totally agree however I am not really willing risk jail and Illinois laws are set up in a way that growing small amounts for few patients isn't allowed and I don't smoke myself. They are trying to have 20 growers supply the whole state which will be 60 dispensaries. I have grown in the past and done very well. I just know that there have been many advancements in equipment. Thank you very much for your input I am very grateful. Can you recommend any strains? I haven't smoked in a long time and don't know a lot about the different blends. Any tips are appreciated.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: large med grow site ?'s [Re: jerrylove] * 1
    #742006 - 07/29/14 04:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, if you don't even know what strains are around these days, then you shouldn't even be looking into this.  I'm really kind of flabbergasted that someone would be considering this, but not really know what's going on in the scene.

Everything you are asking is easily researched.  From strains to lighting equipment.  And there are thousands of strains out there.  You would be growing more than just one dude.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

#742077 - 07/29/14 09:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Absolutely get what your saying. I haven't been involved with it do to my job. Not really by choice. I have been researching my ass off and inhale answered many of my own questions. I was really hoping the community over here would be as helpful as the shroomery was for me when I started that endeavor. I do know about some of the newer blends I was just hoping to be pointed in the right direction. We are also talking about bringing in a experienced grower to help gut US up and running so to speak. I am just one of the people that may be undertaking this endeavor and nothing is even official we still have to win the bid for a permit. Thanks again and any pointers and useful comments are appreciated.

Edited by jerrylove (07/30/14 07:01 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #742105 - 07/30/14 02:45 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not trying to be a huge downer.  I just want to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into with this.  Doing a very large scale operation is a huge undertaking.  A lot can go wrong.  And I personally just grow the strains I come across and end up liking.  I don't grow anyone specific strain for pain, sleep, nausea etc.

Good luck though man.  It's a whole lot of work.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

#742109 - 07/30/14 06:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks I have been looking around and would like to know if anyone could recommend a consulting company for this sort of thing. Or maybe even growers that might be willing to lend a little knowledge?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#742576 - 08/02/14 03:28 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hang on... you may want to question the legitimacy of this if you've been approached as any sort of investor and are also required to grow, but never have. Do some research and try to catch the person who approached you in a lie. If this is for state approved med centers, there are likely only a few strains you are even allowed to grow, and there are very strict requirements you have to meet or the bud has to be destroyed.

I'd also question the intelligence of someone asking brand new growers to be involved in such a venture. Reminds me of the time I was offered a job as a camera man for a documentary and then told all the equipment I'd have to buy. Like I'd spend more then I'd make just so someone else can make a documentary.

Edited by Midgetpawn (08/02/14 03:34 AM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: large med grow site ?'s [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #742582 - 08/02/14 05:43 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

if you're serious about opening a big grow like that, then fly out here and tour some dispensary grows and talk to owners and growers about starting a big ass grow.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: large med grow site ?'s [Re: CrushNazT]
    #742595 - 08/02/14 06:44 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

If you could come up with a clever enough plan to convince enough people to grow for you under the assumption they are doing it legally, you could totally have people give you a shitload of free bud. Would have to be a real piece of shit though.

If you didn't get any paper work and some sort of license then it's probably a scam.

Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

#742626 - 08/02/14 02:10 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The person is my cousin lol. Nothing has been set in motion they(him and his investors) are still trying to get a permit from the state. Theres a facility and money. However there are lots questions and he approached me because he trusts me to be straight with him. I have grown before and was pretty good at it. I never have done hydro so I have questions about that but I don't even know if I can do anything with them do to family conflicts. Thanks for all help and advice.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#742722 - 08/03/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well that's certainly better than a random stranger. sucks there's a family conflict though. hope it all works out

Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

#742844 - 08/04/14 06:04 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #743311 - 08/08/14 10:51 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hawk is right, a large scale operation can be a full time job if everything is properly maintained.  I currently run a 3K HPS and run 10-15 plants in my flowering room at a time and I spend all of my extra time when I am not at my full time job maintaining the rooms and making sure everything is where it should be, ppm levels, ph, no mold, temps are right, etc. etc.  There's a lot to factor in on a large scale grow.  It's not like throwing together a little 1 plant CFL grow in a computer tower LOL.

Offlinejerrylove
Stranger

Re: large med grow site ?'s [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #743377 - 08/08/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Totally get the full time thing. When I was doing the myco thing I spent every spare second. That was the whole thing the growers it was presented as a job.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck