Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCottoncandykitty
Stranger
Nute lockout, water problems -- help!!!
    #741045 - 07/23/14 12:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

First I want to thank you for your time, and posting tons of wonderful information. I've certainly learned from my ways, with all the reading I've done and the shit I'm going through now...

Sadly I'm new to growing, and I'm sure these are repeat questions, but I'm Stuck!!! Last year I did 1 plant, and it pretty much took care of itself with Miracle grow. This year, I decided to give it a whirl... I had been saving bag seeds and keeping them in the fridge until spring. When the weather warmed up enough I started the seeds, everything was great, some stems started out purple, some didn't. I knew I had some bag seed that came from some purp haze, so I thought nothing of it. Everything was going great, 3 months into the outdoor/greenhouse grow, I get hit with a shitton of issues. I found the PH had been running at 7.5-8. My nitrogen was low, and the potash/K test was off the chart as was the Phosphorus/P test.

I have a small grow going in my greenhouse, with everything being on a natural light cycle. Everything is in 3gal pots, daytime temps have been in the 80's, 90's inside the greenhouse.

My problem---
Stems are turning red, I have necrotic spots, occasional deep blue/green Fan leafs, mottled yellow/green inner leafs, chlorosis, and dying leafs. Outdoor temps are in the 80's and greenhouse temp is around 90*, so I assumed the red stems were from heat stress since growth was fine. Been feeding miricle grow from the start (since seed)
-this is Heat and Potassium issues right?

Yes I know that in the perfect world I would have been testing the PH from the start, would have been using the right soil, and organic nutrients. Trust me, I feel stupid.. I should have known better. I assumed that because my veg/flower gardens explode and produce well, that my girls would too. In the beginning, I was feeding them on the same schedule as my tomatoes which are ginormous!!! But they started to get root/leaf burn when the temps warmed up around 70*
I flushed them and everything was fine.
Temps went up to 90* In the greenhouse. No fans, just natural coastal breeze. Necrotic spots appeared and sht started going down hill fast

I've never done a PH test, not until I saw dying leafs. Up until 4 days ago my plants had been running at a Ph of 7.5-8.0
I use the local tap water since it's hardly chlorinated and is glacial water.
I've lowered my PH to about 6.5.... And it's stable. I'm using granules of citric acid (I use it for copper plating :-) One heaping 1/8th teaspoon per gallon of water. The tap water runs at a PH of 7.5-8.0 - and the citric acid drops it right down to 6.0, with the water runoff PH'ing @ 6.5

I've done one flush with tap water, then a 2 gal flush with water PH'd to 6.0, runoff PH'd @6.5
The potash/K and Phosphorus/P are still off the chart!!
Ran a test of the tap water used to flush and it gave me the same results!?! WTF?!?!

So I just did a full test on the tap water, nitrogen is at zero, potash is off the chart, phosphorus is off the chart, PH is at 8.0
WTF?!? False reading? It's running the same as the soil water runoff. Why would my tap water be loaded with phosphorus and potasium/potash???

Please help, these plants turned into an important grow when both my parents were diagnosed with Cancer Again.. I intend to turn these plants into edibles for both my parents to help deal with pain and hopefully fight the cancer as well. I realize it's probably a long shot, but where you have No Hope.... A Little hope can go a long way :undecided:
Anyways, HELP would be much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Nute lockout, water problems -- help!!! [Re: Cottoncandykitty]
    #741046 - 07/23/14 12:26 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

We ask that you please post pictures and fill out the following information to help us best diagnose your issue.

Quote:

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

Thanks!  This will help us diagnose your problem better.

OfflineCottoncandykitty
Stranger
Re: Nute lockout, water problems -- help!!! [Re: Cottoncandykitty]
    #741050 - 07/23/14 01:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

These are the adult plants with the issues.

Here is a close up of the afflicted leafs

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nute lockout, water problems -- help!!! [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #741052 - 07/23/14 02:01 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomingChaos said:

Soil Growers:
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

Hydro Growers:
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

Thanks!  This will help us diagnose your problem better.

OfflineCottoncandykitty
Stranger
Re: Nute lockout, water problems -- help!!! [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #741055 - 07/23/14 02:15 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Soil Growers:
------- Bag seeds, and clones from the female bag seeds

------- I started the seeds in the beginning of April-2014,  the clones I started about a month ago

------- all are 48 to 58 inches - except clones

------- 3 gallon pots

------- Shtty....  Black-gold organic soil, sand, peat moss

------- I water when they are drooping a little and then I soak them.  I'm using tap water right out of my hose.

-------Out of the tap it runs around 8.0, I had been unknowingly doing this since seed start. Within the last week I've been lowering the PH to 6.0 with citric acid.  The soil runoff water PH'd at 6.5

------ Miracle grown

------ yes, I use pond water.  There is zero algal in the pond water- I use UV filtration

------  I'm using natural sunlight - my grow is in my greenhouse

------ NA
------ 5x10x8

------ outdoor humidity is usually around 50%, temps usually around 70-80* in the summer

------ soil was at 7.5,  I lowered it about 4 days ago to 6.5 ----  I'm currently using citric acid to lower the tap water PH to 6.0

------  some how a slug made its way to a leaf and left a slime trail on one fan leaf, but other than 1 or 2 fruit flies during the entire grow. There hasn't been Any bug activity.  Wait, I have a few garden spiders (NOT spider-mites), and I leave them be.

------  Rotflmao!!  Best question all day!!!  I have ZERO cannabis gardening experience.  Last year I grew one plant, and I swear it took care of itself.  Now my vegetable and flower garden.....  Friggen  Hanford vegetables....

Now I did do a test of the water as it was coming out oh the tap.  The tap water is loaded full of potasium and phosphates....  This is my problem isn't it?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nute lockout, water problems -- help!!! [Re: Cottoncandykitty] * 1
    #741226 - 07/25/14 05:37 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

They look pretty good, some lower undergrowth is yellowing/spotting and a small bit of tips are brown, but otherwise look pretty good.

First I would give it a good water flush then up pot to 5-10 gallon pots for plants that size, just make sure not to do it right before it flowers or once flowering starts.Then see if that helps. Remember though, the leaves that are damaged will never heal, you can only hope to stop the problem from occurring in the future.  General rule is one gallon of soil for every foot tall and/or one gallon of soil for every oz of finished bud.

Ditch the miracle grow nutrients, even some maxi-bloom would be better and is probably the cheapest on the market. Some people swear by it, The cops took my plants before I had a chance to use it a full grow, but they were doing really nice outside with it in veg.

If your black gold soil is too dense try adding some perlite and/or treated coco coir in the mix to fluff it up, some of those soil mixes are made for house plants that your not suppose to water frequently and definitely not made for fast growing, high yield plants.  Watch out though, it will need to be watered more frequently.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures