Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED
    #596660 - 11/11/11 11:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
seed

2. How old are your plants?
4th week of flower

3. How tall are your plants?
2 ft

4. What type of hydro system are you using?
dwc

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
sensi bloom 2 part

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
I adjust to 5.5 everyday when I check before I rise ti everyday its at about 6.1 - 6.4

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?

135ppm

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?

Not sure

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
73F

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
Rise

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
Rise

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
no

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
400wHPS

14. How close are your lights to the plants?
18inches

15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
54sq ft

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
72F-77F  40 - 50% humidity

17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No

Can anyone help me with this problem??  It has been happening for awhile now...  This starts then it stops for a little bit and the plant looks great and healthy. Then it starts again.  The only thing I can see that may have been a problem is me adjusting the ph to 5.5 everyday.  From new info I have been reading it should be more like 5.8 - 6.0.  So maybe a too acidic ph is causing nute lockout and this burning.  I have started to just keep the res at 5.8-6.0 ph.  How long until I would notice a change?  I have seen other pictures of this alot on the internet but no one every says what it is or how to fix it.  In the history of growing I can't believe NO ONE has ever had this problem and found a solution for it.  If anyone knows what this is let me know please.  It doesn't look to match any of the symptom pictures at the top of this forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: phrostbyte]
    #596811 - 11/13/11 11:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A few of my leaves did I pulled them off and I haven't noticed anymore.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: wire5]
    #596837 - 11/13/11 05:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It could be residue buildup, i had a similar problem with my old homemade DWC setup, to fix it i changed the water once a week, flushed with PH'd plain water, would let it sit for 15 mins, then drain and refill with my nute mixed water. Also adding a small submersible pump to keep the water in motion decreases the amount of dissolved solids from recombining together and settling in the bottom or the res. Air stones will not move the water enough to have the same effect as a pump, unless you have a shit load of them in there. lol  Mind you though the effect on your leaves can also be from your PPM being too high for the plants at their current size and phase of growth....but if you got that and you ph right its most likely residue buildup on the bottom of your res and on your root system. flushing between refils should minimize or eliminate this prob.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: HempMaster]
    #596841 - 11/13/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Do I flush for 15 mins with the plant sitting in the water?  as my res is small on this plant I generally clean out the res once or twice a week.  I spray it down with really hot water and whipe it clean.  I never really flush out the roots of the plant though and the root ball is pretty massive...  I will give this a try. 

:cheers:

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: phrostbyte]
    #596842 - 11/13/11 06:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
Do I flush for 15 mins with the plant sitting in the water?  as my res is small on this plant I generally clean out the res once or twice a week.  I spray it down with really hot water and whipe it clean.  I never really flush out the roots of the plant though and the root ball is pretty massive...  I will give this a try. 

yes let the plants root mass sit in the water, should help remove any buildup. if you clean the res once or twice a week, its likely, if this is the problem, its in the root mass, how do the roots look? white? off white? brownish? also u should closely monitor the PPM level, i noticed you said it rises on your daily check, in which case u might want to reduce the amount of nutes you use in the mix to compensate for the rising. the problem with finding the root cause of burnt leaves is that it can be your nutes,ph,ppm, residue buildup,lights, heat stress..or any combination of one or more of them... its a long process to rule things out. atleast with hydro if you come across the fix you'll noticed it fairly quickly. when i had this prob, it basically looked the same, though it started with dried out tips and then went too burn marks and curling of the affect leaves. what stage are u in? vedge? flower? whats the ppm of your water mixed with nutes? and when u said your PH rises on your daily check what reading do u get?

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: HempMaster]
    #596850 - 11/13/11 07:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HempMaster said:
Quote:

phrostbyte said:

how do the roots look?
Nice and white

what stage are u in?
4th week of flower

whats the ppm of your water mixed with nutes?
750ppm
when u said your PH rises on your daily check what reading do u get?
6.1-6.3

I'm thinking maybe it was the ph...  I was dropping it to 5.5 everyday because from what I read that was ok for hydro...  later I read 5.8 - 6.0 is what it should be...  since then I have been lowering it to 5.8 and it raises to 6.3 everyday.  now new growth shows this problem.  It seems only to be larger fan leaves. new growth looks fine!

Another thing to add is this has been happening kinda throughout the grow...  In early veg stage the plant looks great then around 28-31 days it starts. early bloom stage it looked great also...  then out of no where I get these leaves...  I'll freak out about it and empty my res... clean it out and start fresh and clip off any really bad leaves.  This usually helps.  but it has been getting more frequent as of late. 

Edited by phrostbyte (11/13/11 07:42 PM)

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#596855 - 11/13/11 08:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would like to add that I do believe that the problem was the low ph causing a nute lockout... Since I have posted this I have upped the ph to 5.8 when I do my check... over the next day it will rise to about 6.1-6.3 

The plant is looking MUCH healthier since I did this.  It is srinking Much more water and eating much more food.

=)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#596861 - 11/13/11 09:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
I would like to add that I do believe that the problem was the low ph causing a nute lockout... Since I have posted this I have upped the ph to 5.8 when I do my check... over the next day it will rise to about 6.1-6.3 

The plant is looking MUCH healthier since I did this.  It is srinking Much more water and eating much more food.

=)

hope it fix's it for ya. always hate to see a plants in pain lol

--------------------
my current grow

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: HempMaster] * 1
    #597311 - 11/17/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So, I know we were having essentially the same problem. I realized that MY problem was over-feeding. We had a 1tsp measure that wasn't accurrate, and we were giving her WAY too much MagICal... now that we stopped using that measure, the damage has stopped...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Leaf sign of problems please help if you can! PICTURES INCLUDED [Re: Tank333]
    #597452 - 11/18/11 04:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
So, I know we were having essentially the same problem. I realized that MY problem was over-feeding. We had a 1tsp measure that wasn't accurrate, and we were giving her WAY too much MagICal... now that we stopped using that measure, the damage has stopped...

I don't use cal mag... though maybe it could be a mag overdose.. Still haven't really figured it out.. My plant is super strong and seems to be growing just fine but I still get leaves like this.  They get worse over time.  I have been trimming them off as they get worse.  Can't figure it out.  It's bugging me!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies