Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed
    #737924 - 06/27/14 03:54 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

hello yall, i was just thinking about compiling list of things people can do if they dont have the funds or access to a grow store. now i have very limited exp. with growing cannabis but i have picked up a few tricks to start the list off,

*willow tree tea to use as a rooting compound (not sure if the tea is made from the bark or leaves)

*100% real honey is also suppose to work decent as a rooting compound

*baking soda as ph up

*vinegar as ph down

* you can use a set of binoculars backwards to check out your trichomes (pain in the ass but it does work)

*you can use saran wrap with a few small holes over a bucket, to use as a humidity dome for clones.

*a lot of cannabis grow supply companies have contests and product give aways on their facebook page. (thanks midgetpawn)

*Unsulphured blackstrap molasses is a great source of carbs for sweetening and eliminates the need for cal-mag. (thanks webster10)

ill add to the list the things you guys post or as i learn/find new things.
im sure a lot of you guys that have been growing for awhile know many more.:stoned: it'd be awesome if some of you guys would share and help compile a list.:heart: i think it would help a lot of 1st time growers who are trying to keep their setup costs down, dont have access to a grow store and dont want to order online.

--------------------

Edited by thedrake (06/28/14 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: thedrake]
    #737936 - 06/27/14 04:47 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I realized recently that almost every company has a facebook and a lot of those companies have contests. some of those facebook contests have great odds of winning, especially grow related companies. I already won a few hundred dollars worth of grow related shit in the last few months. Seeds are way easy to win if you don't care what you get. The other day hortilux had a contest for a 1000 watt dual arc bulb and only maybe 40 people entered. I didn't win =(. Everyone and their mom has a handheld vaporizer company and those are probably easy to win.

I think you can make a plant bug repellant for with nicotine water and some dish soap. if you smoke

Edited by Midgetpawn (06/27/14 06:15 PM)

Offlinewebster10

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: thedrake]
    #737940 - 06/27/14 06:00 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Unsulphured blackstrap molasses is a great source of carbs for sweetening and eliminates the need for cal-mag. Use at ~10-15mL (2tsp-1tbsp) / gallon every watering.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: webster10]
    #737980 - 06/27/14 08:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Am I the only person that doesn't increase the humidity for clones in any way?

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleP-O

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #737982 - 06/27/14 08:18 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Am I the only person that doesn't increase the humidity for clones in any way?

how does that workout for you?

I do put em in high humidity personally

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: P-O]
    #737989 - 06/27/14 08:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

100% success rate so far. Ive only made around 30 though.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: Midgetpawn] * 1
    #738051 - 06/27/14 11:40 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
I realized recently that almost every company has a facebook and a lot of those companies have contests. some of those facebook contests have great odds of winning, especially grow related companies. I already won a few hundred dollars worth of grow related shit in the last few months. Seeds are way easy to win if you don't care what you get. The other day hortilux had a contest for a 1000 watt dual arc bulb and only maybe 40 people entered. I didn't win =(. Everyone and their mom has a handheld vaporizer company and those are probably easy to win.

I think you can make a plant bug repellant for with nicotine water and some dish soap. if you smoke

The facebook thing would be cool when I did have an account, but seeing as how facebook usually has personal info attached to it, I wouldn't want to advertise the fact that I grew by having certain companies on my personal page.  It may not be so obvious to some, but others know.

I bet there is a ton of savings to be had, just not something I would want to risk. Wouldn't matter if you were in a legal state I guess.

--------------------

Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #738089 - 06/28/14 01:27 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

whats the humidity like in the area you live? thats awesome you dont need to fuck with a dome.
i tried to not use a dome once and all my clones died.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#738090 - 06/28/14 01:54 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Kellog's organic potting mix is a cheap alternative to FFOF if you don't have the cash to drop on FFOF.

Trash bags can be modified to make cheap pots (remember to poke a lot of very small holes in the bottom and sides for drainage and aeration)

Human urine diluted at 1 part water 16 parts urine is a cheap fertilizer that's high in nitrogen.

A cup filled with moth balls will repel animals such as rabbits, racoons and deer.

A small dish of beer will attract all of the slugs around your plants into it the dish and keep them off your plant.

InvisibleP-O

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: webster10] * 1
    #738099 - 06/28/14 03:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:

Human urine diluted at 1 part water 16 parts urine is a cheap fertilizer that's high in nitrogen.

:uhno:

I thought that was a myth ?

Edited by P-O (06/28/14 04:31 PM)

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#738113 - 06/28/14 05:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thedrake said:
whats the humidity like in the area you live? thats awesome you dont need to fuck with a dome.
i tried to not use a dome once and all my clones died.

30-40% on average. A lot of them get to a point where they look like they're going to die but I leave them alone and they always end up taking root and perking back up...

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

Re: cheap/free tips and tricks for when your broke or the grow store is closed [Re: P-O]
    #738140 - 06/28/14 09:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Although I'm not 100% sure, I am pretty damn sure it's true.

Then again

:awehigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale