Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbbeyRoad
DrGreenThumbs
Male

New Room Setup, need input \ mostly vent and scent advice
    #724298 - 04/02/14 12:17 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

First Post here, but Im also member in good standing on sister site :thumbup:

Im a legal med caregiver\patient in Michigan, who's getting back in the game.  Used to grow very successfully back in the day so I not a total noob to cultivation.  I am legal, but live in middle class suburbia w\ small children and it is very important that this grow is stealthy and discreet.  My only concern in this regard is the smell, so proper air cleaning is a must.

Im allowed 24 plants, and plan on splitting them 12 veg\12 flower. I have an 11x15 room that I can use in basement.  I have small windows in this room which I can use for to venting out and pulling fresh in.

Questions:
- Thinking of going with a 5 x 11 for the flowering room, plants will be grown to approx 4 ft.  Should this be sufficient?
-  Recommendations on lighting wattage for flower room?  Im hoping to be able to get away with 2 x 1000 MH\HPS conversion setups.  Sufficient wattage for area? 
-  Want to run air cooled hoods in the above setup with carbon filter, vented to the outside.  Recommendation on a GREAT  filters that dont break the bank?
- Seeing that I HAVE to keep smell down should I run another carbon filter that just scrubs the air without venting outside?
- Recommendation on a fan (CFM rating) with enough power to turn the room as recommended?  Also with enough power to create negative pressure so air is always being sucked into the room from the rest of the house.
- With the above statement does this restrict my ability to vent fresh air in?
- I do have an ozone generator, but Im looking for anything else that will reduce the grow room smell..  Ideally rest home will be scent free and vented air will be clean. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
Re: New Room Setup, need input \ mostly vent and scent advice [Re: AbbeyRoad]
    #724422 - 04/02/14 07:56 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Ok ill try to help ya but dont take what I say for granted. Lol

I think 2 1k hps lights would do nice in that area.

I have an 8 inch fan pulling thru my two 1k waters. It has around 745 cfm I think.  It runs on a speed controller about 3/4 power and it pulls plenty of fresh air from the house to keep plants fresh. Also cools my lights just right.

I dont have to worry about smell and neighbors so I just have a 6 inch x 18 inch carbon filter just scrubbing the air in the room. It works sufficient but you can still smell strong strains in the last few weeks.  I thinkmif you have a scrubber inline with you outside exhaust and one inside "polishing" the air in the room you will be fine.

as far as brand... I took a chance on ebay bought a "charcol filter and 6 inch fan combo" save a bunch. think I payed around 160 on ebay.  Like I said works decent for me.

just my 2 cents.

Good luck getting up and running again and welcome to the site!

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

OfflineAbbeyRoad
DrGreenThumbs
Male

Re: New Room Setup, need input \ mostly vent and scent advice [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #724697 - 04/05/14 12:04 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Appreciate the $.02 Blunt :cool::thumbup:

1k "Waters", please explain.  Does this mean water cooled hood?  This is a new thing since I was last in the scene.  Water + HIDs makes me nervous but I will try and check that out. 

I know there is a computation for watts\lumen per sq ft for optimal lighting..but it escapes me.  Im thinking 50-75 watts per sq ft?? Using that as guidance, my 2000 watt setup in that area would only deliver 36 watts per sq ft.  If Im going to do it, I want optimum everything so perhaps I need to rethink adding another 1000w, or reducing the square footage to be in line with the wattage :frown:

Still looking for recommendation on GOOD carbon filter.  Scent is still my primary concern.  Sucks that Im legal and still paranoid, but it is what it is..

:peace:

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
Re: New Room Setup, need input \ mostly vent and scent advice [Re: AbbeyRoad]
    #724700 - 04/05/14 01:05 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry I was just being short for "1000 watt hps light."  No I dont run water cooled hood.  I use the magnum xxxl 8 inch air cooled sealed hoods.

sorry I cant be any help with the scrubber recommendations.  I got the cheapo on ebay still working.  You will deff want a decent size one for that area and amount of lights.  At least 24 inches long and 6 or 8 inch diameter.

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies