Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
New garden setup * 1
    #704152 - 01/03/14 02:38 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Last time I was flushing it was a pain in the ass so this time I got three 2x4 flood tables to act as a drain for when I want to flush. Drilled a hole in each for a drain and piped them together so I can just hook up a pump and take it right to the sink. They come with three divots to drill the holes for. I mistakenly went in the center on two before I realized that if I did it on the end I'd be able to drill another hole on the other end later if need be.

I was also trying to go with a drain to waste setup instead of the Blumats I'm using right now. I opted to go with 2 each for stability and even watering. The trick with the Blumat is to take the time to build the manifold properly or else the tube is all whacked out and out of place. Plus you need to flush them from time to time.

I went to find some bricks but nobody had any but I was walking around wal-mart looking for a possible substitute to lift these trays to fit the drain, and they had on clearance Christmas tree stands that were perfect. So they were 7.50 marked to 1.78 each. Which is better than heavy bricks and can fit over the middle pole.

Its a 4x8 tent but barely fits 3 trays with about 8 inches on each side. I wanted to put a 5 gallon bucket on each end to put the fans on but they wouldn't fit. Luckily I just happened to have some small squares built out of 2x4's that I found in the dumpster that someone had thrown away with their gutted out couch. I took the base of the fan off and drilled a large hole into the 2x4 so the fan could sit in it. Used some double sided tape to stick the base to the wood so it would oscillate properly and tied some string across the front and back so that it wouldn't fall into the plants. One of the fans won't oscillate anymore but the one fan is doing fine with that small of plants. I even cut a small hole in the tent to keep the nutrient tank outside. Carbon filter sucks out via 8" inline fan. The air input is an 8" booster fan from the 4x4 veg tent. I wanted to put another fan up top for when the plants are bigger.

I was planning on 6 plants in 5 gallon pots but I killed them all this last round except for one that I turned into a mother plant. I'm going to run those next after some LST and good veg, hopefully I'll get that drain to waist setup by then. The airpots are 5L and the cloth ones should be 3 gallon, but those don't look like 3 gallon.

These are some clones I got from a friend who just happened to have some extras, five Blackberry and 2 Special Kush. The two larger one's are some seeds of some Romulan X AlaskanThunderFuck mother that I gave another friend and 6 possible fathers: grand daddy purple, phantom cookies, kens kush, cheese, alpha dawg or god bud. They had them all outdoors, apparently his friends are all into breeding. I transplanted most of them tonight and will probably give it another two weeks to build roots before I flip the switch to flower. I've grown the blackberry before and its one of those special buds you really can enjoy smoking because the flavor is so unique.

Coco Coir, Canna Coco nutrients (full line), Humboldt Nutrients Verde (tank and foliar in veg), Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt (silica), Monterey's Garden Insect spray to combat thrips (doing a swell job btw). Advanced Nutrients pH down. I have some shooting powder left from last run that might be good for this type of bud because its more indica and would probably respond better than the Grapegod did.

Lighting consists of 1480 watts of LED (actual power draw) with one DS400 and six DS100 from Advanced LED and four Blackstar 240 (130w).  I also have a few small 10w IR spot lights that someone gave me; I was thinking about adding those but not sure if it would be worth it.

The last crop still has some drying, but it will be about 44oz from the 6 plants, assuming the last 2 only do 10oz. The plant I didn't trim up as much did 11, I should have left the others. 51g/sq-ft (4x6 grow area), 0.83g/watt, 0.61g/kw-h (total electricity including fans over the entire flower period. Nutrients cost $2.42 per ounce, with a grand total of $6.15/oz after electricity. Overall it was a poor crop cycle but with a pretty goo yield, I'm hoping this crop after next can show it up. This current one should be nice but with the short veg its hard to say. Plus those two from seed could be male.

I need a new carbon filter, so I put the exhaust fan on the $200 Sentinal EVC-2 controller I bought that does temperature and humidity (and co2 if I had it.) A cop told me he could smell my plants when I was using it and it wasn't running the carbon filter the whole time. The plants are so small right now though that it wont matter. Set the Day temp/humidity to 84º/63% and night to 79º/53%. Lights on at night so balance out the heat. I think its been getting around 65º in the dark period (solar day) naturally, so I'm not too concerned about bringing the temps down at night.

Thats about all I can think of for now, any input would be appreciated. I'd like to think I have just about everything covered, but theres always something your not thinking of.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: New garden setup [Re: phychotron]
    #705006 - 01/06/14 05:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Lookin sexy bro :pimp2:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: New garden setup [Re: P-O]
    #705087 - 01/06/14 09:38 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Lookin sexy bro :pimp2:

Word. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

Re: New garden setup [Re: phychotron]
    #757412 - 11/15/14 12:27 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

What would you have to say about a system where there are 3 trays on top of a table each holding 3 plants such as yours, but instead of all connecting to one pipe to be drained into a sink, be recirculated back into the reservoir? I would set the system on a timer to feed 1-4 times a day depending on the age of the plants.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New garden setup [Re: webster10]
    #757486 - 11/15/14 04:31 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

That sounds like a regular hydroponic system. You want to drain to waste with coco, recirculating would just add a bunch of tank maintenance and work. The goal is to put no effort into the garden so that I just add water and nutrients when the tank is empty--for the most part.

My next investment is a condensate pump and a waste tank, as right now I'm not draining to waste, just letting it run off and then dry up in the tray. The condensate pump is for basements, when the small res on them fills up they turn on till its empty. That way I'll be able to actually drain the waste without a dedicated drain line.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate