Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

"Bush Doctor Coco Loco"
    #722691 - 03/22/14 02:47 PM (10 years, 9 days ago)

Anyone ever tried this stuff? I have never really experimented with coco coir so I'm considering giving it a go this year. I'd like to hear some reviews about it though if anyone has any.

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/index.php/item/bush-doctor-coco-loco.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush Doctor Coco Loco" [Re: Mycophile]
    #722823 - 03/23/14 09:53 AM (10 years, 8 days ago)

Does anyone on this site even grow weed anymore? :lol:

InvisibleP-O

#722947 - 03/23/14 06:25 PM (10 years, 8 days ago)

:lol:

ive never used it bro.  sorry i cant help ya

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush Doctor Coco Loco" [Re: P-O]
    #723059 - 03/24/14 08:54 AM (10 years, 7 days ago)

Yea I guess since it's fairly new not many peeps have tried it yet. I'm thinking about trying some other garden plants in it first.

Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

#723068 - 03/24/14 10:32 AM (10 years, 7 days ago)

never used it myself but when i dont use ffof i usually am using my mix of everything i have on hand for mushroom growing using the following- coco coir bricks, perilite, vermiculite, gypsum, worm castings, sawdust,a handfull of thin/small woodchips, dead mushroom subs. i have had some good results with cucumbers and a few tomatoes with this sub. coco coir bricks are VERY cheap so maybe you should try them both out side by side to see if theres a cheaper alternative to the fox farm coco coir. hope you try this!

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush Doctor Coco Loco" [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #723138 - 03/24/14 07:55 PM (10 years, 7 days ago)

It's not just coco coir, it's got all kinds of goodies in it including loads of mycorrhizae. I guess some people do charge $15+ for it which is pretty nuts, I got it for 12. I'm always down for mixing some stuff up at home, I'll probably end up trying a couple different methods out this season.

Honestly I'm hoping to have a yard soon with some good ground soil. Much better than trying to grow in pots on cement when it's 100 degrees out.

Edited by Mycophile (03/24/14 07:59 PM)

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
    #723427 - 03/26/14 08:04 PM (10 years, 5 days ago)

Doesnt seem to bad. A lot of guys like fox farms products.  Ive had good luck in the past with there products. Currently I am not using any of there products thought

I do use a similar coir I(I believe) just not fox farms brand

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: "Bush Doctor Coco Loco" [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #723796 - 03/29/14 11:46 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

That looks just like the standard bag of washed/treated coco coir that have been hitting the market. I've used Canna and House&Garden's coco with no difference in performance. They don't mention anything in the description that says it has any additives. I believe they all have Trichoderma to protect the soil for infestation, but you won't need a bunch of microbe products with coco. Canna recommended I don't use any, and if I did use very sparingly.

I see nothing special other than its been washed/treated with cal-mg like the other 'premium' (non-brick) expanded coco coir brands out there. Canna claims to blend the sizes of the coir particles to make a mix that holds a specific amount of air (I think it was 43%) for drainage.

I suggest you get some Blumats as a backup for watering, as they can dry out rather quickly because the plants grow so fast. 

Check out my current setup, got a grow log going on in my Journal.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush Doctor Coco Loco" [Re: phychotron]
    #723834 - 03/30/14 09:11 AM (10 years, 1 day ago)

Well I'd list all the other ingredients in there but I tossed the bag already so :shrug:

It definitely wasn't just coco, it pretty much had everything any usual fox farm soil has.

Edited by Mycophile (03/30/14 09:14 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #723869 - 03/30/14 01:19 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

Strange that they don't list it on their website. It also defeats the purpose of using coco if its got fertilizer in it already. Botanicare makes "Ready Grow" thats a perlite/coco mix and an ever so slight fertilizer to stabilize it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom