Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: Crunchbird]
    #721811 - 03/17/14 12:45 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

I had a couple strains do the same thing in FF. They all grew out of it?? So?? I would just give it plain water no food for like a month. That's how long it took in  2 gal bag for it to look way better. (note The old leaves wont look better but the new growth will be fine.

:stayfunky:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #722007 - 03/18/14 05:38 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

update girls are growing good. Starting to flower so excited

:grin:

will post pics in a few days

--------------------
:stoned:

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

:heart: :crazy2: :grin:

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: my 1st grow [Re: little miss]
    #722050 - 03/18/14 09:53 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

That's great they're starting to flower. Does that mean you've put them on the 12/12 light cycle?  What are you doing for nutes?  Did you transplant?

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: ThriceKing]
    #722072 - 03/19/14 08:51 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

no nutes and could not transplant because when I was going to they were already starting to flower. Not all are flowering 3/5 are flowering. Lights are 12/12. These girls have a mind of there own.

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

#722073 - 03/19/14 08:55 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

little miss said:
no nutes and could not transplant because when I was going to they were already starting to flower. Not all are flowering 3/5 are flowering. Lights are 12/12. These girls have a mind of there own.

Hmmm.  You could probably transplant a week in. When you do, now is the time for limited nutes and work your way up. I like "systems" of nutes like fox farm or technaflora. And allow me to extol the virtues of black strap molasses; half to a full teaspoon per gallon of water does amazing things.

--------------------

Edited by ThriceKing (03/19/14 11:09 AM)

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

#722074 - 03/19/14 09:23 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

will that affect flowering if I transplant the ones flowering

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

#722089 - 03/19/14 11:08 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

little miss said:
will that affect flowering if I transplant the ones flowering

No, you'll be fine. Just take all the usual precautions. I prefer to wait until she's dry, then transplant into wet soil with room for the transplant, them soak and leave alone. She'll love you for it. Wait a week or two to administer light nutes, as the new soil will be "hot", and you want to encourage the roots to "dig in" to find the food in the new soil. A root tonic is an ok idea, but totally not necessary.

--------------------

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

#722093 - 03/19/14 11:15 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

should I transplant @ night when lights are off and what are the best nutes to give them I have vegetable food from mg for my cucumbers and tomatoes could I use that or will that damage them.

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

#722121 - 03/19/14 12:58 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

I don't think you're at a stage where they're going to be that finicky. I'd do it in the middle of their daylight period myself, erring towards "morning".

As far as nutes, pick a good potting soil for the larger containers. Fox Forest Ocean Soil is good, there are many others. Are you going to a grow store/hydroponics shop?  They'll guide you on your budget for sure. Hate saying this, but I along with many others did my first grow with Miracle Grow. MG potting soil will get you started, with fertilizer to follow. They will grow. Those mixes aren't optimized for our little friends, however, and definitely not organic (not necessarily bad).

A good grow store, $30-$40, and a question about growing your "tomatoes" will take you farthest here.

--------------------

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

#722130 - 03/19/14 01:43 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

I do use ffof for my soil where I am located we have of course homedepot , Lowe's , menards, farm and fleet and a steins garden center. I typically go to resins for all of my vegetable plants and seeds. I have no issues growing vegetables I have 2 tomatoes growing and 2 cucumber plants growing along side my 5 white rhino.

the food I have is specific for tomatoes plants which I grow often. Would that be an optimal food I could use. Or do they need specific nutes.

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

#722134 - 03/19/14 02:14 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

little miss said:
I do use ffof for my soil where I am located we have of course homedepot , Lowe's , menards, farm and fleet and a steins garden center. I typically go to resins for all of my vegetable plants and seeds. I have no issues growing vegetables I have 2 tomatoes growing and 2 cucumber plants growing along side my 5 white rhino.

the food I have is specific for tomatoes plants which I grow often. Would that be an optimal food I could use. Or do they need specific nutes.

There's no quick answer to this philosophical question. Might as well ask if God exists. The answer will vary tremendously depending on each person you ask, and you'll learn more about them than really find an answer to the question.

That said, you want to pay attention to the N-P-K score of the fertilizer you are using. They refer to the macronutrients of the soil content, and they're expressed as a ratio IIRC. The nutrients are nitrogen, phosphorous, and potash/potassium. Plants in veg need more nitrogen, while flowering plants need more phosphorous; potassium is good in general. This is a VERY simplified explanation, but a good beginning

So for veg, you'd want something like 5-3-3 fertilizer, while for flower you'd want 3-6-3. Miracle Gro is a shotgun approach, it hits hard across all categories. Here's where it's equally important to become a "plant whisperer" and identify when the plant is sad & sick. Drooping leaves means it needs water; yellow leaves often means it needs more nitrogen. Black spots I think is potassium issues, but there's a lot of guides on diagnosing.

One more thing: the classic beginner mistake is to see a "deficiency", and so they start pouring nutes in. Nutes can affect your soil chemistry, particularly ph, however, and cause "lock out" where the nutes is there, but the plant can't consume it because the chemistry is off.  A better response to deficiencies is to rinse the plant out with ph balanced water (distiller water even), and then go back to a tried and true formula for the stage of the plant.

If you're looking for a "which soil do I buy?" answer, it's unfortunately not that easy. If you have to make a buy right now with very minimal information, use those NPK scores I gave at your local flower mart; it will typically correspond to some kind of "big bloom" marketing.

Good luck.

--------------------

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

#722137 - 03/19/14 02:42 PM (10 years, 12 days ago)

ty

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #722476 - 03/21/14 12:57 PM (10 years, 10 days ago)

tomato food would work ok but you might want to not use it full strength,  and it might leave you with very harsh buds though because of urea nitrogen or other stuff that probably wouldn't be in a bud fertilizer. The numbers on a tomato fertilizer would probably be pretty similar to like say FF fertilizers because they have relatively high nitrogen levels.

Try to find fox farm big bloom or tiger bloom it is organic and will help your plants get fat buds while being very simple and easy to use, it costs under $20 and you could order it online.  If you do end up using tomato or other fertilizer be prepared for the possibility of some harsh smoke.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: Doc]
    #722576 - 03/21/14 11:11 PM (10 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Doc said:
tomato food would work ok but you might want to not use it full strength,  and it might leave you with very harsh buds though because of urea nitrogen or other stuff that probably wouldn't be in a bud fertilizer. The numbers on a tomato fertilizer would probably be pretty similar to like say FF fertilizers because they have relatively high nitrogen levels.

Try to find fox farm big bloom or tiger bloom it is organic and will help your plants get fat buds while being very simple and easy to use, it costs under $20 and you could order it online.  If you do end up using tomato or other fertilizer be prepared for the possibility of some harsh smoke.

Agreed. Only thing I'd add is a good rinse for two weeks at the end will help some. Some.

--------------------

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: Doc]
    #722922 - 03/23/14 03:44 PM (10 years, 8 days ago)

Ty I will look for those nutes locally first.

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

#731919 - 05/17/14 03:22 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

update had to go out of town and left good friend in charge. She started drying them 2 weeks to soon so not very successful 1st grow but I will try again.

got a little bud but not much

learned a lot for next time.

:sad:

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#731921 - 05/17/14 03:38 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

What?? You let someone else slaughter those beautiful plants before they were ready?  RIP.

Offlinelittle miss
Female User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: Inocuole]
    #733056 - 05/26/14 10:51 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

she thought they were ready because of the crystals but she was wrong. So I ended up with harsh couch lock high.

--------------------

live life

love life

remember life

enjoy life

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#733058 - 05/26/14 11:13 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Better than nothing still :shrug:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: my 1st grow [Re: Inocuole]
    #733174 - 05/27/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

dam that sucks dude how much you yield? you know ?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies