Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

NEED URGENT HELP (PLANT SHED ITS ROOTS)
    #705627 - 01/08/14 07:48 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm really scared right now, I think my plant is going to die.

I germinated a seed a few weeks ago.
It seemed like it had a problem. The root didn't grow like all the others, but instead grew in a downward spiral like a corkscrew.

I planted it anyways, and it seemed to be doing fine. The leaves emerged, and i grew long enough for the second set of leaves to also emerge.

I went to go water my plant today, and i realised It had fallen over.
Upon closer inspection, i realised it had completely detached itself from its own root completely.

I removed the rockwool cube and cut it open to find that the whole root had rotted, and not grown at all past the day I put it in the cube. This plant somehow sustained itself till its second set of leaves with only 1cm of root, that stopped growing.

MY PLANT IS STILL GREEN.
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SAVE IT?
I've seen people put other kinds of plants in water (Tree branches and stuff), and they would grow roots. Can I do this with my plant? I really want to save it, as I have no more seeds. I have placed it in water for now, with a PH of 6.0, and i'll be monitoring this thread like a hawk for any answers. I will be putting up a picture of the plant for you guys to see shortly.

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (01/08/14 08:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: NEED URGENT HELP (PLANT SHED ITS ROOTS) [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #705632 - 01/08/14 07:56 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Put a air-stone in the water with a air-pump or there is no chance.

Do it now!!!!!!

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: NEED URGENT HELP (PLANT SHED ITS ROOTS) [Re: Magash]
    #705636 - 01/08/14 08:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I did it. Will update with pics. Should I still keep it under my 400 watter? This is what it looks like now:
I put the airstone in, the the problem now is the bubbles toss it about, and it submerges and re-merges every few minutes. It's not still. Won't this be too much stress on the plant?

Tell me what im doing wrong here :frown:
I really haveta try saving this :frown:

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (01/08/14 08:14 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #705642 - 01/08/14 08:36 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheUnknownPoet said:
I did it. Will update with pics. Should I still keep it under my 400 watter? This is what it looks like now:
I put the airstone in, the the problem now is the bubbles toss it about, and it submerges and re-merges every few minutes. It's not still. Won't this be too much stress on the plant?

Ok, I didn't know just how small this plant is.

Your gonna need to put something over the top and stick the stem threw into the water. Realize that no matter what you do there is a %99.9999999999999 chance that it's not gonna survive.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

#705647 - 01/08/14 08:44 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I poked a hole through a card and put the plant stem through it so the root is juuusssttt barely touching the water.

Offlinebikewrench
turd polisher
Male User Gallery

#705652 - 01/08/14 08:50 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You will have to leave it in the bubbling water for a week or more.  I've saved plants in the past with this same method.  Roots will begin to emerge (slowly, but be patient.  All is not yet lost).  Parts of the plant may yellow, but this is entirely normal because it's cannibalizing itself for nutrients--since there are no roots for nutrient uptake.

I will say, the card you used is organic matter, and will rot in the water possibly harming the seedling.  Use thin packing foam or the bottom of a styrofoam cup. 

When roots emerge carefully transplant it and treat it as if it were a clone, e.g.: high RH, blue spectrum CFL..  Then slowly reintroduce it into normal conditions.  Read a cloning guide*

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #705656 - 01/08/14 09:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

TheUnknownPoet said:

Ok, I didn't know just how small this plant is.

Your gonna need to put something over the top and stick the stem threw into the water. Realize that no matter what you do there is a %99.9999999999999 chance that it's not gonna survive.

:happyweed:

That's the nicest way I have heard anyone say "Dude your plant is dead."
No, but seriously man I think this is one to toss, just try again. If it was a bought seed, I'm sorry for the loss. Shit is expensive for that to happen, ya know.
Good luck man, if it springs back, keep a log of it and take pics. It would be cool to see the life cycle of it. "From struggling seedling to Beautiful Flower..." or some shit.
Peace!

--------------------

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: NEED URGENT HELP (PLANT SHED ITS ROOTS) [Re: bikewrench]
    #705659 - 01/08/14 09:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I need to read up on clones and stuff then.

Have a link to a good guide?

I'll keep it in the water.

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: NEED URGENT HELP (PLANT SHED ITS ROOTS) [Re: TheUnknownPoet] * 1
    #705732 - 01/09/14 06:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You are on one of the best guides right now. Just take 1 hour a day each day for a week and you will learn everything you need to know. Growery is a guide for everyone, not sure if there is even a question that has nootttt been asked on here and answered somewhere. Unfortunately I think you are going to lose that little girl, losing all of the micro roots will be tough though, plant will not grow out full. But then again show me wrong! That is what I love about it here. Seen a fair share of -  :bearbreakdance:  :winner:

Cheers mate, ~Skunk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck