Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Advice
    #696409 - 12/02/13 07:24 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Hi everyone!

Little less than a month into this new grow. Originally 8 seeds were started and roughly one week later 4 more were added. I started feeding 1/4 strength pretty early on. One week ago, I swapped the tank for 1/2 strength, and they've been growing very quickly since.

My tallest plant is about 20cm (8 inches).
The shortest/youngest is just under 12cm (5inches).
Some of the older plants are being LST'd, but not all.
I managed to snap the top of one of the plants, but I bandaged her up and she's visibly recovering.
It is becoming very crowded already as you can see.

Tonight I will be repotting some of the plants into larger pots and I'm going to start these guys on full strength as well, and then veg for possibly two weeks depending on how fast they will grow this week.

I want to avoid the plants from becoming too tall and too dense, thereby blocking light from penetrating the canopy like you see here:

So, given that I have less than 72cm (28 inches) of vertical space and the larger pots will increase the height of some the plants a little, when should I begin flowering?

:happyweed:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Advice [Re: TomCollins]
    #696413 - 12/02/13 09:01 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

When you initiate flowering, remember that your plants will double if not triple in size. You might have to make some modifications...

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Advice [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #696420 - 12/02/13 09:44 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McSkunk said:
When you initiate flowering, remember that your plants will double if not triple in size.

Bingo.

From my understanding, indicas typically should stretch a little under their vegetative height when you switch them to flowering.

I expect the plants to grow over 10cm each this week. Once they have an average height of something around 35cm I'll probably initiate flowering - expecting they will at most double in size during the first 3 weeks of flowering.

Which means I will be initiating flowering in probably one week....

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advice [Re: TomCollins] * 1
    #696436 - 12/02/13 11:17 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

If your able to take one small cutting from each of them. You can take the cuttings (it doesn't have to be nice your not concerned with it surviving)right from the day you take the cuttings put them in 12 hrs of light. When they show sex you'll know the sex of the plants for sure and you can then chuck the cuttings or do whatever with em. They will show signs of sex before they root. This way you can make a little space before flowering. (Depending on how long you planned to veg but freeing up space will a longer veg time which is more bud and so on).

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder