Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

Inquiry about industrial hemp buds..
    #692106 - 11/05/13 07:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if I got this right...

So if I extract oil out of cannabis sativa buds, ill have THC and an array of cannabinoids which is suppose to be medicinal... but definitely has those psychoactive properties...

Rick Simpson, in his phoenix tears, suggests the use cannabis 'indica' which i presume has relatively and notably lower THC than sativa which makes it a little less psychoactive...

They say industrial hemp buds also contains cannabinoids but only a little or trace amounts of THC in it,,

So, say, I have an industrial grow for food and fiber, can I also process those industrial hemp buds to extract the oils and use it for its medicinal values like those marijuana counterparts?

also, if i am to heal cancer cells, would i be better off with higher-thc-yieding sativa oil extracts?? what would be more 'efficient'? thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Inquiry about industrial hemp buds.. [Re: pablokabute]
    #692196 - 11/06/13 12:14 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So if I extract oil out of cannabis sativa buds, ill have THC and an array of cannabinoids which is suppose to be medicinal... but definitely has those psychoactive properties...

yes, it will get you high

Quote:

Rick Simpson, in his phoenix tears, suggests the use cannabis 'indica' which i presume has relatively and notably lower THC than sativa which makes it a little less psychoactive...

false.  indicas are just as potent (maybe more).  the "high" is more relaxed and chill so its good for medical use

Quote:

They say industrial hemp buds also contains cannabinoids but only a little or trace amounts of THC in it,,

So, say, I have an industrial grow for food and fiber, can I also process those industrial hemp buds to extract the oils and use it for its medicinal values like those marijuana counterparts?

no.... the cannabinoid level or thc is so low, hemp is useless for Rick simpson oil.  i read u need a garbage bag to equal 1 joint

Quote:

also, if i am to heal cancer cells, would i be better off with higher-thc-yieding sativa oil extracts?? what would be more 'efficient'? thank you!

I would go with a indica.  its more sedating and relaxing.  so its easier to up your dosage.  Sativas are more heady. and larger doses can cause anxiety.  Stick with a good indica

Interesting u posted this... im watching videos right now about people curing cancer with Rick simpson oil

Edited by P-O (11/06/13 12:23 AM)

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

Re: Inquiry about industrial hemp buds.. [Re: P-O]
    #692201 - 11/06/13 04:00 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for your fast response...

what im saying is, do yo know that its not THC alone that has the healing properties of cannabis plants...??

hemp has an array of cannabinoids also, just that they contain minute amounts of THC which is unsuitable for recreational use (hell, im one of those stereotype potheads before just wanted to get high and shit, totally oblivious of industrial hemp)... what im saying is, whats the potential of processing industrial hemp buds for medicinal purposes...??

:sporedrop:

InvisibleP-O

#692249 - 11/06/13 11:28 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

hemp protein and hemp seed oil (no thc) is suppose to be super healthy for u.... full of anti oxidants and lots of other good things.  I know there are many health benefits to real hemp products.....

I can not comment if it has a anti cancer effect like the rick simpson oil does (with the thc + cbds)

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#692314 - 11/06/13 07:18 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

My biggest concern with using industrial hemp to make the oil would be the low concentration of cannabinoids.
If you were to make the oil like Rick Simpson does, (With naphtha.) then chances are, even the small amount of oil you got back would have a pretty low % ratio of useful cannabinoids to useless plant matter/chlorophyll.

So then, would come the issue of proper dosing. No longer would a piece the size of a grain of rice work, because it's so diluted with other plant material. And then you have to hope the hemp had the same spectrum of cannabinoids. If it's cannabinoid profile excluded or contained ridiculously small amounts of CBD, but still contained THC, the oil becomes less medically beneficial and more recreationally useful.

Like P-O said though, the health benefits of eating the hemp plant in one form or another could boost overall general health. So after taking what you need to process fibers and such, keep the seed and leftover to make some health food supplements with.
If you're looking for a cannabinoid-based medicine, it'd probably just be best to stick with the genetics that yield high amounts of cannabinoids. The costs in solvent and safe evaporation (or vacuum distillation for such a large amount of solvent) would end up making the medicine more expensive to produce, while being less effective.

Hell, it couldn't be too hard to sneak a few short, bushy, high CBD% indicas amongst the tall, stretching hemp plants, depending on the size of your hemp plot. :wink:

EDIT: Also, OP, keep in mind that THC isn't the only thing you're after with oils intended for cancer.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

Re: Inquiry about industrial hemp buds.. [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #692396 - 11/07/13 02:03 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i wonder then what would be the composition of the oils in hemp buds...

InvisibleP-O

#692433 - 11/07/13 10:10 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I made a batch of rick simpson oil last night.... i used high quality A+ buds (white widow x big bid).

Ill be using it on my friend (my doggy) with lymphoma.....  she was told she has 1-4 month to live.  So what can it hurt to try the RSO :thumbup:

Edited by P-O (11/07/13 10:48 AM)

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

#692445 - 11/07/13 10:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

fuckin epic!!

you should warn your friend though, thats some top bud right there...

immensely psychoactive imo... haha... he/she should be ready to be... ass-whopped! and healed also. taha.

best of luck.. you should do a separate thread for that, and also document whats what..

yea.

InvisibleP-O

#692447 - 11/07/13 10:53 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well its actually my dog who was diagnosed.  Im thinking of takin some pics and making a journal entry or something on here.

I used bho on my other dogs skin cancer.... 2 months later it was gone,  and has not returned in 2 yrs... so im hopefull this helps my other dog.  Her cancer is spreading and aggressive tho,  so we can just hope for the best

InvisibleP-O

#692448 - 11/07/13 10:57 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

to be honest this is her day 5 on RSO.... i have been givin her small doses since we first found the lump on her lymph node...  I gave her some lower quality oil before, made from trim and leaves....

thats why i stayed up till 3 am making white widow oil for her.  I hope she doesn't get too baked off it.  I know its gonna be potent, i used white widow buds washed for ONLY 3 mins, x2.....  thats a potent oil!!!

me and her both took a grain size amount of it a hour ago (ill see how it feels)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Inquiry about industrial hemp buds.. [Re: P-O] * 1
    #692450 - 11/07/13 11:02 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Sending good vibes for your doggy man. :sad:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

Re: Inquiry about industrial hemp buds.. [Re: Sham87]
    #692590 - 11/08/13 05:35 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yea man, make a journal of it.. ill subscribe.

awesome thing...

take a look at this.

THE VET WHO WANTS TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR DOGS

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#692592 - 11/08/13 06:05 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

yea man, make a journal of it.. ill subscribe.

:whathesaid:

I hope she starts to feel better, and enjoys plenty more love and time (And possibly more oil. :wink:) with her family. :smile:
Quote:

to be honest this is her day 5 on RSO

When you say you made RSO, do you mean you used naphtha like he did?
I've never made naphtha oil, was it hard to get the smell of naphtha out of it?

I've tried cleaning bowls with naphtha before and it always leaves a strong smell after total evaporation.
And it's Ronsonol, evaporates without a (visual) trace. :wtf:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisibleP-O

Re: Inquiry about industrial hemp buds.. [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #692601 - 11/08/13 09:27 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

na i made it with the other solvent he recommends ..... iso.  I have a Huge $100 tub of it from past extracts.....  I was very careful the whole time not to leach any chems in it. and to make sure its 100% purged.  Im actually using a candle heater right now to evap the tiny bit of water that was added (ricks method)

She is doing all right.  still eating and walking.  the medicine makes her a lil lazy but still affectionate (she still cuddles and kisses).  I just drip her dose a banana slice and feed it to her.

The vet pretty much said ill be lucky if she lives a few more months.... so if i get a year with her from the RSO ill be happy.  I love that dog.... raised her from a tiny pup, for last 6 yrs.

InvisibleP-O

#692787 - 11/09/13 02:41 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds