Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Smells like a skunk(Bud smell question)
    #686368 - 09/26/13 02:48 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

A few years ago there was a strain going around the area that smelled like it was literally sprayed by a skunk, and it had maybe 10x a stronger smell than any bud I've smelled before.  You could smell someone with some in their pocket from across a football field(exaggeration). I can't imagine how anyone could grow it in mass quanitites or transport it anywhere without everyone in a 1/2 mile keeping an eye out for the skunk in the area.

I could deal with the smell of some nice flowering, but I would not want to ever have to deal with such an intense smell coming from my bud, letalone some flowering plants. I've smoked several kinds of bud that resembled a skunk, but my lack of experience with Skunk strains/ knowing exactly what I'm smoking has me assuming all bud with "skunk" in it has a literal skunk smell. some more intense than others.

THE QUESTION
Do all skunk strains/hybrids smell like skunk? was the bud that smelled like fresh skunk butt juice a skunk strain?

I'm asking because I'm looking at strains to potentially grow and I'll see a good looking strain with "skunk" in the gene pool and it'll turn around any first impression I had of the strain. I'm curious if some strains with skunk in them have absolutely no sign of a skunk smell, but maintain other skunk characteristics?

Mainly I'm wondering which strains or specific crosses to avoid because they have an excessively over whelming smell. I gather that Critical has a really powerful smell too. I'm basically a noob to the  hobby information btw. Studying/shopping

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Smells like a skunk(Bud smell question) [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #686373 - 09/26/13 03:23 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

kush is well known for a STRONG smell.  Last bubba kush batch i had REEEEEKED like skunk.

my buddy says "this weed smells like a skunks asshole"

I dont have much experience with "skunk strains".... mostly kush

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smells like a skunk(Bud smell question) [Re: P-O]
    #686374 - 09/26/13 05:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Northern Lights have a neutral aroma & are often recommended to beginners.

However, a lot of the bag appeal is in the smell.

That's the first thing most people do - open it up & take a big whiff.

Speaking of smells, has anyone seen those waterproof containers by Otterbox? They don't fit your phone tight - they're more like a larger box you could use to put your phone, keys, wallet, whatever in when you're in a boat.

We have one - not sure where it's at - but been meaning to test it out to see if it's smell proof. Would be nice for some of the stuff that double-bagging doesn't help with.

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Smells like a skunk(Bud smell question) [Re: cannabis_seeds]
    #686453 - 09/27/13 08:35 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. I've been considering getting northern lights, but part of me wants to avoid all the popular strains. This strain called white castle from nirvana has my interest atm. I think critical might be skunk btw

Anyone know anything about Nirvana's - White castle? The pictures suggest you would get barely any bud, but I don't know if breeder pictures really indicate how much a plant buds. It says 400-500gm/sq but youd think they would show a much larger bud.

This pic shows the most of the plant of any of the pics.

Hey cannabis_seeds do you work for or own those sites?

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/27/13 08:48 AM)

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#686503 - 09/27/13 03:11 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I work for Gorilla Seeds & Rhino.

I just put up White Castle from Nirvana this month - I think we've got the best price right now, but you can check around & let me know if you find it cheaper somewhere else.

Unfortunately, I don't have any first-hand experience with these. The breeder yield numbers are for SOG under the best conditions with a highly experienced grower. I think it's a safe bet that you'd get something less than that, but that will hold true for any strain.

White Castle is a White Widow/Ice cross - resin is the main selling point with these, and I'm not sure either is known for massive single colas. You might be looking at lots of smaller buds instead. That's just a guess - I don't know for sure.

If you want to try something that's a little off the beaten path, there are literally thousands of different breeds on the market today - many of which don't have a bit of Skunk in them.

Stay away from anything in the Diesel or Chem family too, which would include a lot of your Kush strains.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #686537 - 09/27/13 07:47 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Do all skunk strains/hybrids smell like skunk? was the bud that smelled like fresh skunk butt juice a skunk strain?

No, most skunk strains are sweet smelling esp if they come from Amsterdam. What they call skunk is very different then what we do. The skunk your looking for is very hard to find and I seriously doubt you'd find it in any seeds that come from Amsterdam.

The skunk your are referring to is often called road kill skunk or RK Skunk.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#686542 - 09/27/13 09:23 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cannabis_seeds said:
I work for Gorilla Seeds & Rhino.

I just put up White Castle from Nirvana this month - I think we've got the best price right now, but you can check around & let me know if you find it cheaper somewhere else.

Unfortunately, I don't have any first-hand experience with these. The breeder yield numbers are for SOG under the best conditions with a highly experienced grower. I think it's a safe bet that you'd get something less than that, but that will hold true for any strain.

White Castle is a White Widow/Ice cross - resin is the main selling point with these, and I'm not sure either is known for massive single colas. You might be looking at lots of smaller buds instead. That's just a guess - I don't know for sure.

If you want to try something that's a little off the beaten path, there are literally thousands of different breeds on the market today - many of which don't have a bit of Skunk in them.

Stay away from anything in the Diesel or Chem family too, which would include a lot of your Kush strains.

Thanks. Meh I'm sick of diesel. its like the only "good" stuff they sell around here, and it's been that way for like 8 years. I always thought it was strange that someone named a strain diesel when heroins street name is diesel. They usually just say sour though. even if it's not sour diesel.

Anyway. I was wondering if you have any super special codes for guerilla? =P I was seriously considering buying from there since nirvana is slightly cheaper than anywhere else, but I found another site that beat my gorilla final price by like 12$ with an 18$(11euro)off code that was hidden deep on the internet. I know on Shroomery.org(growery is a part shroomery sort of)the vendors almost all have a "shroomery" code or hook up shroomery members who mention they're members. Though shroomery is pretty populated. I'm actually surprised this site isn't more popular.

Btw the picture for your white castle is shown as "full moon" strain on nirvana's site. Not sure if it's the right picture. It does make it look more appealing though.

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#686557 - 09/28/13 08:03 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I'll double check the picture. I put those up & it's easy to make a mistake.

If you PM me your details about the cheaper price, I'll see what I can do for you. We're working on a redesign that will finally include coupon codes, so that'll make all this so much easier.

Give me the site name, everything you were going to buy, & the coupon code you found - I'll see if we can give you a better deal.

If it's guerrilla, I usually use that term or something similar.
discreet, stealth, low-profile, etc.

If you want to search our site for those terms, go to google & do something like this in the search bar.

stealth site:cannabis-seeds.co.uk  - to search rhino

stealth site:gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk - search gorilla

if you find something you like on rhino that we don't have on gorilla, let me know - as long as it's in stock, i can put it up on gorilla too if you're not in the UK

--------------------

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#686559 - 09/28/13 08:54 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry - I answered your entire question wrong about guerrilla - thought you were looking for stealth strains rather than a coupon code. Those are coming like I mentioned.

Came back because I checked out the picture for White Castle.

If you look on this page - http://www.nirvanashop.com/en/regular-marijuana-seeds/786-white-castle-10-seeds.html

You'll see the image I used is the 3rd one they show.

If they give me multiple choices, I take the one I like best.

I'll have to look further to see if they reused their own pictures - thanks for the heads up.

--------------------

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

#686560 - 09/28/13 08:58 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

This is Nirvana's Full Moon page.

There's a similar pic, but it's not the same.

http://www.nirvanashop.com/en/regular-marijuana-seeds/764-full-moon-10-seeds.html

I checked the fem pages, and I still didn't see a duplicate.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#687055 - 10/01/13 11:54 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

yea you're right. I was mistaken about the picture sorry. They just look similar, im surprised I even noticed that. I've noticed a lot of strain pictures are the exact same pic on a lot of banks sites.

white rhino

Full moon

btw Anyone know anything about the smell output from flowerbomb kush(green crack x og kush) from greenhouse seeds? won HT cannabis cup in 2012.

Edited by Midgetpawn (10/01/13 12:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds