Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Skunk varieties, what's to it?
    #633038 - 07/28/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

From what I know until now, Skunk #1 was the first true hybrid of an indica and a sativa which made it possible to grow weed with a body stone, yet trippy high indoors in a small room in a short time.
I figured that White Widow should also be called a Skunk type variety because it consists of Indian indica and Brazilian Sativa. Am I even close?

I wondered what's to it. Many vendor's sites claim that skunk in general has a very short flowering time, also the assumption arises that if a strain keeps his position so virally on the market, it can only be a legit legend.
I also read the Cheeses are all Skunk clones.

What about the other skunks? I read about skunk#5 and others, do they have the same parents or were they bred with totally different genetics?
I'm interested in this because I know that Skunk didn't earn it's name from its smell, but merely from the breeder's nickname.

So is it true that "Skunk" has such a short time til harvest and how is yield/potency versus some more recent strains?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Skunk varieties, what's to it? [Re: sidetwist]
    #633057 - 07/28/12 07:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

From what I know until now, Skunk #1 was the first true hybrid of an indica and a sativa which made it possible to grow weed with a body stone, yet trippy high indoors in a small room in a short time.
I figured that White Widow should also be called a Skunk type variety because it consists of Indian indica and Brazilian Sativa. Am I even close?

Almost the thing about skunk #1 is that the breeder was able to make it a ibl strain so that every female plant can be a producer without going threw a ton of phenos.

Quote:

I wondered what's to it. Many vendor's sites claim that skunk in general has a very short flowering time, also the assumption arises that if a strain keeps his position so virally on the market, it can only be a legit legend.

The reason it's a legend is cause of the ibl thing. When a plant is a constant performer it becomes a legend so to say.

Quote:

I'm interested in this because I know that Skunk didn't earn it's name from its smell, but merely from the breeder's nickname.

False. True Skunk #1 smells like you ran over a skunk with your car. Sometimes called RKS Skunk. The Sweet smelling skunks that pretty much suck hard are the versions that came out when the breeders in Amsterdam changed them around. The sweet smelling version is more popular there and the RKS versions here.

Quote:

I also read the Cheeses are all Skunk clones

Yup, clones from a skunk #1 plant out of England.

Quote:

So is it true that "Skunk" has such a short time til harvest and how is yield/potency versus some more recent strains?

Real skunk is always a performer just way overdone. RKS is hard to find when you can hold onto it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Skunk varieties, what's to it? [Re: Magash]
    #633154 - 07/29/12 09:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:alse. True Skunk #1 smells like you ran over a skunk with your car. Sometimes called RKS Skunk. The Sweet smelling skunks that pretty much suck hard are the versions that came out when the breeders in Amsterdam changed them around. The sweet smelling version is more popular there and the RKS versions here.

so any newer seeds for skunk 1 are going to be this sweeter variety, or are you talking about the updated skunk varieties, like super skunk?

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Skunk varieties, what's to it? [Re: Magash]
    #633165 - 07/29/12 12:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Almost the thing about skunk #1 is that the breeder was able to make it a ibl strain so that every female plant can be a producer without going threw a ton of phenos.

Quote:

The reason it's a legend is cause of the ibl thing. When a plant is a constant performer it becomes a legend so to say.

Quote:

False. True Skunk #1 smells like you ran over a skunk with your car. Sometimes called RKS Skunk. The Sweet smelling skunks that pretty much suck hard are the versions that came out when the breeders in Amsterdam changed them around. The sweet smelling version is more popular there and the RKS versions here.

Quote:

I also read the Cheeses are all Skunk clones

Yup, clones from a skunk #1 plant out of England.

Quote:

Real skunk is always a performer just way overdone. RKS is hard to find when you can hold onto it.

So what about the other "Skunk numbers"? And is Cheese an RKS Skunk?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds