Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinech1rp
Stranger
Legally Growing in Cali?
    #685570 - 09/18/13 02:30 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Ive done a little digging online lately. Im going to get my own place soon and want to grow some indoor. With a MMJ card I had heard I can grow up to 6 plants under the state regulations, my county doesnt have any of its own regulations so state laws would be default.

I read some posts that a certain part of California law was ruled unconstitutional and so any county without regulations you can grow up to 99 with a MMJ card, is this true?

If not I was thinking of getting recs from friends and doing a community grow. The laws confuse me, would I have to keep under 8 oz's? If so I hear SOG or some other method can be put on cycles that would allow that.

Please give me some input, thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legally Growing in Cali? [Re: ch1rp]
    #685571 - 09/18/13 03:53 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

They will give you that information when you get your card man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #685573 - 09/18/13 04:23 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I read some posts that a certain part of California law was ruled unconstitutional and so any county without regulations you can grow up to 99 with a MMJ card, is this true?

Not true. The 99 number comes in with federal guidelines. Get caught with 99 plants anyplace in the country including the two legal states and you're gonna do 5 years mandatory minimum.

Any county that doesn't have guidelines goes by the state buuuuuut they can be pricks if they want and even if the county sets guidelines they can bust you for going over the state limits if they want to.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #685584 - 09/18/13 09:22 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

In Cali you can grow as many as your condition justifies--that the state plant limit was unconstitutional. You have to be ready to back that up in court if your busted with a shit ton.

I heard about the 99 plant limit and that didn't make sense at first, but if its a federal regulation, sure.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Legally Growing in Cali? [Re: phychotron]
    #685593 - 09/18/13 10:48 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

i wish they'd raise the plant limit in colorado. i know i can get a higher plant count from my doctor but if you get caught with over 3/3 then you have to go to court and prove that you use/need what you were growing and still risk a felony. makes growing from seed harder. i have 5 plants so i could only germinate 1 seed... now i gotta wait and find out if its male or female.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legally Growing in Cali? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #685616 - 09/18/13 04:52 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I like the Washington laws, 15 seems like a lot but it takes that many sometimes. You can have 3 people papers for up to 45 plants... Cops just took my brothers and my plants cause he couldn't find his paperwork and it was the one day my phone was dead. He had 53 plants and technically no paperwork. Finally after 3 hours they decided to pull them, said if he didn't have his paperwork he'd go to jail... hasn't heard anything from them though, and its been over 6 weeks. He lives in a city and had these all outdoors. They get calls all the time but save them for one day where they go around checking them. Some stupid bitch behind him from Poland, calls the cops about everything.

If your over the limit in Washington they just tell you to get into compliance, you get to decide which plants to keep and which to chop. I've heard they don't even send cops in some places, a friend of my cousin had too many plants at his house in the woods, some county code enforcement just came to his house and told him to get in compliance in the next few days. It would be like the same guy who tells you that you have too many cars on your property, not the regular cops.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #685617 - 09/18/13 05:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, and multiple stalks from the same root mass is considered one plant. So I'm thinking that you could get pretty tricky with a large SOG. 24 dried/cured ounces as your 2 month supply is also very nice, as it takes a long time to cure ounces and build up that 2 month supply of premium grade.

I was thinking about moving but when the laws only allow a few ounces and barely any plants its hard to want to move there. Someone was telling me about getting dual residency and they'd be able to mail his bud to the local pharmacy in his non-legal state and he'd be able to pick it up.  Not sure how true that is, or if its just for his state, some old hippie in the woods told me about it.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #685918 - 09/21/13 06:46 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

You're right about Washington having some pretty awesome laws for medical patients. I've never had any issues with the cops when I was growing, but then, I was never out of compliance. Lol. There was even a sherrifdeputy on my front porch who could smell the plants flowering. He sniffed the air and said "you got some plants goin" in that garage, huh? Can I see your card just to make sure you're legal?" No request to check compliance or anything. He looked at my paperwork and said "good to see you're all in order", and continued his business with my neighbor. Lmao

Quote:

phychotron said:
Oh, and multiple stalks from the same root mass is considered one plant. So I'm thinking that you could get pretty tricky with a large SOG. 24 dried/cured ounces as your 2 month supply is also very nice, as it takes a long time to cure ounces and build up that 2 month supply of premium grade.

I was thinking about moving but when the laws only allow a few ounces and barely any plants its hard to want to move there. Someone was telling me about getting dual residency and they'd be able to mail his bud to the local pharmacy in his non-legal state and he'd be able to pick it up.  Not sure how true that is, or if its just for his state, some old hippie in the woods told me about it.

Not sure about the whole "multiple stalks on a rootmass", but I wouldn't push my luck, honestly. Keep it in scrog instead of SOG and you'll never have issues with not enough meds... and as for mailing it, don't fucking do it!! That's federal time you're looking at if you get caught. Crossing state lines is a huge no-no...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Legally Growing in Cali? [Re: Tank333]
    #685955 - 09/22/13 02:06 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

If you read the laws they say that about multiple stalks. I'm not going to push it but it did stand out when I read through it last time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order