Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeastcoastdude
 User Gallery
critique my grow
    #684724 - 09/09/13 10:23 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, and let me begin by thanking all the great posters on these forums whose posts have taught me much over the past few months.
I've been a long time member of the sister site, and spend a great deal of time in the pub- but am glad to be here and learning from everything these forums have to offer.

Just to give the relevant background, I'll reply to the doctor's diagnosis questions:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seed
2. How old are your plants? approx. 4 months (all veg)
3. How tall are your plants? 1 foot
4. What size containers are they planted in?one is in a 3.5 gal trash can, the other in a 5 gal brew bucket
5. What is your soil mix? tiny bit of promix BX for the rootballs, mostly a 50/50 mix of FFOF and happy frog
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? water every 3-4 days, using brita water from my tap
7. What is the pH of your water? 5.8
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?have used a few: neptune's harvest fish fertilizer which is 2-4-1, some fox farms big bloom, which is .01-.3-.7, and recently, picked up some alaska brand fish fertilizer that is 5-1-1, because i thought i might have a N deficiency
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? nope
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 1 1000w HPS in a sunsystems reflector
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 2.5 feet
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? approx 80 sq ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? temp ranges from 80-95, humidity, not certain. definitely pretty low.
14. What is the pH of the soil?  no idea. i... need to get on that.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? occasional cricket, brown marmorated stinkbugs starting to appear.
16. How much experience do you have growing? zilch. this is my first attempt.

My friend gave me these seeds, they're great genetics, but i feel like i'm fucking up all the time!
started under CFLs, but moved up to HID when another friend lent me the sunsystems setup:

room is my utility closet in the basement, but the air handler for the main floor of my house is in there, and with the a/c running this summer, humidity stays pretty low. It's a decent spot though because I can keep all the light in and there's plenty of outlets.

these plants have had quite a variety of mediums: first, some shitty old kmart potting soil when i germinated them, then into promix BX, and finally into FFOF/happy frog (had to drive 90 minutes to the hydro store to get it!)

I have two main questions:

1) is this N deficiency:

2) can i take cuttings from the plant in the 5 gal bucket as my clones and still flower her?

my plan was to flower the taller plant, and make the plant in the 5 gal bucket my mother, but since i only have one light, and not much space, I think it would behoove me to put the HID light on a timer and just flower them both at the same time- turn the veg space into a flowering space.
I'd then take the clones and hope they'd do okay just outside in the natural light?

okay, let me know what you think, growery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: critique my grow [Re: eastcoastdude]
    #684727 - 09/09/13 10:56 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

1) is this N deficiency:

No it looks more like a nutrient burn or being to close to a light.

Quote:

2) can i take cuttings from the plant in the 5 gal bucket as my clones and still flower her?

Yes you can.

Quote:

I'd then take the clones and hope they'd do okay just outside in the natural light?

Live in Hawaii or the Bahamas then maybe but on the east coast I don't think putting them outside in winter is gonna work out well.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: critique my grow [Re: Magash]
    #684732 - 09/10/13 03:33 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I would just get some cfls for your clones and put them upstairs away from the flowering plants. So you can flower the big ones and veg the clones you will need two light setups:jah:

I use just a reg. old shop light with 99% rooted.

Offlineeastcoastdude
 User Gallery
Re: critique my grow [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #684737 - 09/10/13 06:22 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

how long should i let the plant recover after taking cuttings before switching it into flower?

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: critique my grow [Re: eastcoastdude]
    #684738 - 09/10/13 07:02 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

You're gonna want to remove the lower growth that doesn't get much light before you get too far into flower anyway. (unless you like larf....i hate it)

So just take your cuts and toss them right into flower.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: critique my grow [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #684916 - 09/12/13 02:21 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
You're gonna want to remove the lower growth that doesn't get much light before you get too far into flower anyway. (unless you like larf....i hate it)

So just take your cuts and toss them right into flower.

:whathesaid:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: critique my grow [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #684917 - 09/12/13 03:56 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Or just use the larf for hash and butter.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: critique my grow [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #684951 - 09/12/13 01:54 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Or just use the larf for hash and butter.

:whathesaid:

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
So just take your cuts and toss them (the plants, not the cuttings) right into flower.

Also, :whathesaid:

Now for MY two cents: do you have any other fan than the one that's pointed at your light? Good airflow is is very important. You should want your leaves to be rustling slightly from airflow around the stems and leaves. This will become especially important later on in flower and when you have a larger space to work with. Areas with no airflow will tend to be hotter than those without, and it also helps with other things I can't remember well enough to just spit out right now (too stoned atm and too long since I've had plants under me). Lol.

Do you keep track of the temps in your room? I didn't notice you saying what the temperature is inside that little box you've got around em.

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates