Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: switching to LED lights [Re: GBurger717]
    #687859 - 10/06/13 09:54 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

from all the serious LED growers i know, granted its only 3 that i know personally, they all now use these LED banks. http://www.grownorthern.co.uk/index.php/online-store/ms-0006

If you check out this forum, its sponsored by the company that makes the leds and they have numerous journals showing what they can do.
https://www.autoflower.net/forums/f109/

Dutch Passion has now partnered with this company and have released the above model with the DP color scheme and stamp on it.

While i still use HIDS myself, if i ever get enough extra space & $$ to try a small LED setup i think i would give them a shot.

--------------------
my current grow- GrapeGod
my Last grow-2nd round Brainstorm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: switching to LED lights [Re: desu]
    #687862 - 10/06/13 10:07 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

www.californialightworks.com

Its hard to say about the progrow without testing it. They dont say anything about their spectrum. Maybe? I've never heard of them.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

Re: switching to LED lights [Re: phychotron]
    #687929 - 10/07/13 10:31 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Phew, these prices are making me want to work things out with the fluorescents LOL! The 200W is probably all I could afford right now for the light budget. Not to mention adding the cost of other supplies I need to get.

--------------------

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#687972 - 10/07/13 07:04 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I have very good things about the Area 51 lights

Another that gets honorable mention is Hans Panels.

No affiliation....just scanned the thread and did not see them mentioned.

Good luck OP,

JD

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #688036 - 10/07/13 08:27 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

desu said:
I don't get much help on Grasscity but you guys seem to be a lot more responsive and helpful on here and I appreciate that.

Dude, don't go to grasscity to learn to grow. Go there to chat about weed, sure. But they have horrible misinmisinformation on there, and no knowlegable mods to remove said poor info. If you want another site that is a great resource, go to THCfarmer.com. much larger group of people to draw from. A bit bigger than I like to navigate with my phone though... lol

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

Re: switching to LED lights [Re: Tank333]
    #688042 - 10/07/13 09:32 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I know this might be a dumb question , but what about multiple 90w triband UFO's with supplmented CFL's? Ive seen a lot of grows using them.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #688051 - 10/07/13 10:36 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

if you go cheap your not going to get those dense buds like you want.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #688054 - 10/07/13 10:50 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
if you go cheap your not going to get those dense buds like you want.

QFT! This goes for any grower and his/her equipment. Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

#688091 - 10/08/13 10:47 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

150 dollars for a 90w UFO isn't very cheap and I was going to use more than one with CFL's on the sides. I was just asking about the UFO's because it would be easier to spread the canopy

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #688102 - 10/08/13 11:48 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Are you sure that they are using 90w? or is that the calculated number, and they're really pulling 45w?  Just because they charge you a lot to keep up with the competition doesn't make it a good light.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #688106 - 10/08/13 12:13 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The problem with the generic lights is that there is no quality control, when you buy from someone who's importing them on a larger scale then you are more likely to get the higher quality inner components. The name and model of the diodes doesn't matter if they are not using the upper "bin" diodes.

They manufacture thousands of these diodes, test them then sort them by intensity. Its called the bin, so you want the top bin or close to that to get your money's worth, as the lower bins run hotter and less intense. But they have the same name. A friend told me thats how they label processors, the higher models are the exact same processor, but it is one of the one's that runs cooler than the rest. So like I have the Intel i5-750, the 750 is like the bin designator, but they control the processor speed in order to operate at proper temperature. With LED's you just get less intensity and wasted electricity.

You also need to consider spectrum, triband is pretty small. Few have good solid spectrums.

Growblu seems like they have a decent light, this one covers a 2x3 area. Probably the one I would recommend second to Advanced. I've never used it, but it does pull more wattage and has 20% more diodes--it may be better, I dunno but its hard to switch brands.
http://growblu.com/120x3w-apollo-led-grow-light

How big did you say your grow area is?

--------------------

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
    #688608 - 10/10/13 01:38 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

cali light works

just in case that dont work copy and paste this

http://californialightworks.com/

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: switching to LED lights [Re: GBurger717]
    #688740 - 10/11/13 12:27 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I have a 90 w ufo and it works fine for small veg space. 

I bought this LED Grow Light  This thing is actually really nice thus far!  I like how they made them so you can attach the power together

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: switching to LED lights [Re: phrostbyte]
    #688751 - 10/11/13 01:46 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Watch out for that style of daisy chain, as they can shock the heck out of you when the end cap is not on one end. They made both sides male for some dumb reason.

That is an E-Shine light (ES- model numbers), the people who Advanced LED had make the Diamond series at first but dropped as a supplier due to quality issues. My brother had to return a bunch and when the fans broke on half of them he just said fuck it and gave them to me. They needed repairs because they didn't spend the money on the quick connectors for the fans and used just enough wire so that it would barely reach the power supply. Its been almost 2 years, so maybe they've figured things out by now, but I don't trust E-Shine at all.

I think a tri-band is a bit too narrow for best results. Mine even have a few green diodes because plants use small amounts of it. Strange that they would use 610nm orange instead of 630nm red like you want, other than maybe diode costs. Thats also only about 175-200watts, not 300w.

--------------------

Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

#688829 - 10/12/13 05:01 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I think I am going to go with the 120x3W Full Spectrum. It seems the best price and quality wise and my grow space is 2 feed deep by 3 and a half feet wide so that coverage would be perfect. I also just have a feeling about that one. Will the IR LED's cause any interference with my cable again?

--------------------

Edited by desu (10/12/13 05:22 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #688843 - 10/12/13 10:12 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

IR is just like light but its beyond your visual range, you'll be fine with a few IR in there.

120x3w is not saying very much, who makes it? link...

--------------------

Offlinedesu
Naturally
Male

#688975 - 10/12/13 06:26 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

It was the GroBlu light you linked , sorry for my forgetfulness.

Just paranoid about lights now I had that catastrophe with the cable guy being sent out because my ballast was creating interference :paranoid:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #688977 - 10/12/13 06:35 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome, that is probably the first brand I would try if I were to switch.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale