Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechrislesnar
Stranger
New member introducing and firing some questions
    #682129 - 08/20/13 08:17 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hi guys first time post so i thought i would introduce myself.

First got on to the this network of forums via shroomery as i had never experienced psychedelics and mushrooms seemed to interest me the most.
Couldnt get my hands on some locally so I decided to give cultivate my own! Found shroomery extremely helpful and had a successful series of grows. Whilst i enjoyed the cultivation and recreational use of mushrooms it didn't seem worth it as i gained enough knowledge to source them growing naturally and I didn't consume them regularly enough to bother continuing on.

Cannabis on the other hand I have a deep passion for.

Anyways I am starting off with a simple DWC bubbler system of four to six 5 gallon buckets with 8" net pots and an additional bucket as a reservoir. (I am ware recirculating DWC's are a far better system but I am just wanting to test the waters on my first grows and look at other methods later on)

Grow room is still in construction but entails a 8 x 4ft space with a adequate sized inline fan and carbon filter with exhaust extraction. 2 x 600w lights MH and HPS for veg and flower respectively. Reflectors are cooled with a 5" computer fan for now. Have reflective film all around room also.

Have 10 feminized white widow seeds to kick things off. I would like to grow largish plants as I think I have plenty of room and don't want to go overboard with the plant count on my first go.

So my first list of questions to kick things. Any answers or even general input is muchly appreciated.

1) Do i seem to be on the right track in terms of equipment for a first grow?

2) Grow room floor has white ceramic tiles on the floor. They have a polished finish. Is this going to hinder the light in any way?

3) I intend to plumb all the buckets up to the reservoir with a common line with taps accessible on each bucket. With a DWC obviously once its running all the taps are open, (this bit may seem like a really stupid question), so when the water is depleted over time does the water in every bucket including the reservoir deplete all to the same water level?

There are heaps of questions I have but i think that is enough content for my first post! I always do a good search before I post so please be patient if my posts seem dumbfounded but sometimes I need clarify things.

Thanks heaps all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New member introducing and firing some questions [Re: chrislesnar]
    #682131 - 08/20/13 09:09 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Ventilation sounds like it's going to be on the low side of things.  Rule of thumb is 3 times your CF, every minute.

Don't worry about the floors.

If all the lines are connected, water level will be same between all the buckets.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinechrislesnar
Stranger
Re: New member introducing and firing some questions [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #682137 - 08/20/13 09:30 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Valid point, current system is from memory 500-550cfm. Would need around 700-800cfm to hit the target.

Is there anything I can do to aid this without buying a new fan?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #682141 - 08/20/13 09:43 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Your computer fan is putting out that many CFM's?  That seems somewhat doubtful.  It's probably in the 100 CFM range.

And no.  If you are going to be running 2 600 watt lights, you need to get a real fan.  Otherwise you are going to be having quite a bit of heat in there.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinechrislesnar
Stranger
    #682142 - 08/20/13 09:47 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Nah i have 10" centrifugal fan with a carbon scrubber and a 10" inline fan for ventilation.

Attached to the reflectors is a computer fan. Is that just to pull air through a ducted lights or is it for people who dont want/can't afford ducted light?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #682148 - 08/20/13 10:37 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chrislesnar said:

Grow room is still in construction but entails a 8 x 4ft space with a adequate sized inline fan and carbon filter with exhaust extraction. 2 x 600w lights MH and HPS for veg and flower respectively. Reflectors are cooled with a 5" computer fan for now. Have reflective film all around room also.

Hence my confusion.

Probably just to be cheap.  Attaching your inline to your hood would be a better way to go.  It will do a better job of keeping the lights cool.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals