Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas
    #680836 - 08/08/13 10:39 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SACRAMENTO - The California legislature is considering a bill that would ban the use of e-cigarettes and similar smokeless vaporizers in areas where tobacco smoking is banned (SB 648 - Sen. Corbett).

California NORML is urging the Assembly to reject SB 648 on the grounds that vaporizers offer a proven, beneficial "harm reduction" substitute for medical marijuana users by reducing exposure to harmful smoke toxins while at the same time posing no second-hand smoke hazard to the public.

Though SB 648 was approved by the State Senate as a bill against tobacco e-cigarettes, it would adversely impact use of vaporizers by medical marijuana patents. Current state law (HSC 110945 b) defines e-cigarettes as "device[s] that can provide an inhalable dose of nicotine by delivering a vaporized solution.” This includes a wide range of vaporization devices now widely used for medical marijuana and other herbs, as well as tobacco and nicotine.

Vaporizers are designed to eliminate the respiratory hazards of smoking by eliminating the combustion that produces the smoke. Regular pipes and cigarettes produce carcinogenic tars, particulates and other smoke toxins that are a byproduct of burning leaves. Vaporizers don’t produce these toxins because they don’t burn anything, but rather evaporate an underlying solution or preparation of nicotine, cannabis, etc. at much lower temperatures.

Laboratory studies sponsored by California NORML have shown that vaporizers can effectively eliminate carcinogenic tars, benzene, naphthalene, toluene, and other respiratory toxins from inhaled marijuana.

A study by California’s Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research found that vaporizers are an effective alternative delivery system to smoking for medical marijuana users (Dr. Donald Abrams, “Vaporization as a ‘Smokeless’ Cannabis Delivery System.”) Vaporizers have since become standard in medical cannabis research and are widely used by patients in places where smoking is banned.

SB 648 would place vaporizers under the same stringent restrictions as tobacco cigarettes, banning their use in public buildings, restaurants, workplaces, hotel lobbies, playgrounds, within 20 feet of exit doors, etc.

There is no evidence that vaporizers pose an appreciable second-hand smoking risk to the public. Users are known to vaporize in elevators and crowded rooms without any detectable odor or adverse notice. Bystanders are routinely exposed to worse emissions from kitchens, grills, garden plants, buses, chimneys, detergents, room deodorizers, gas stations, etc.

The San Francisco Chronicle editorialized against SB 648 ("Wait for Science on E-Cigarettes," July 10).

In a letter to the Assembly, California NORML warns that SB 648 would adversely impact public health by discouraging safer alternatives to smoking. “Medical cannabis users already find it difficult to find a legal place to medicate under current anti-smoking laws,” says California NORML Director Dale Gieringer, “Precluding the use of vaporizers will only make matters worse. The state should encourage, not discourage, the substitution of vaporizers and e-cigarettes for smoking.”

I hope this doesn't pass.

Straight BS imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #680837 - 08/08/13 11:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:megacrankey:
What exactly are they trying to accomplish with this? I mean, they banned smoking, they alreayd down. Way to kick people while they're already down.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas [Re: volcomstoner]
    #680838 - 08/08/13 11:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I don't see what difference this makes for anyone, I mean, is it legal to vape in public right now? I was under the impression any cannabis use in public is illegal.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas [Re: Mycophile]
    #680840 - 08/08/13 11:50 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycophile said:
I don't see what difference this makes for anyone, I mean, is it legal to vape in public right now? I was under the impression any cannabis use in public is illegal.

They are trying to make the e-cigarette's illegal :flowstone:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas [Re: niteowl]
    #680842 - 08/08/13 12:09 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

Mycophile said:

They are trying to make the e-cigarette's illegal :flowstone:

Maybe you should read the whole article. The reason it's posted on this site is people are crying about vaping cannabis in public.

Honestly who really gives a shit? We all smoke as much as we want to all the time...

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas [Re: Mycophile]
    #680843 - 08/08/13 12:18 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Right? Fuck there are non medical states where smoking is a crime in your own home. If you have to vape a bud up do it the fuck away from people.

Drinking in public is banned in plenty of places.

Ugh, this is just making us look stupid.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: CA might ban vapes in non smoking areas [Re: RasJeph]
    #680846 - 08/08/13 01:02 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I should have read the article before posting, I thought it was about e-cigs.  Not being able to vape weed in public isn't unreasonable AT ALL.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds