Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Germination + ntes for DWC
    #679509 - 07/28/13 02:55 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, so I've been reading around, and I'm confused as to what nutes I should get for DWC.

I plan on germinating my seed in a small pot, and then put the pot (The dirt in the pot anyways) in my DWC system. Is this a good idea, or should I germinate in a paper towel or something, then put that in the DWC?

Anyways, a lot of people are reccomending a lot of different nutes-
Which do you guys think is best for DWC?
I'm (getting) a 400 watt HPS/MH system.

To my understanding, I should use HPS + appropriate growing nutes to grow it, then when it's big enough and I want to flower, I switch to flowering nutes and stick in the MH light, right?

I keep the light 30cm away from the top of the plant at all times and leave it on for 14 hours while it's growing and 12 while it's flowering.

i wanna make sure I got this down perfect before I trey, because I only have 1 seed. So if i've made any mistakes in what i've said PLEASE correct me, or link me to more stuff to read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germination + ntes for DWC [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #679513 - 07/28/13 03:10 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well if you only have one seed, I sure hope you got a feminized one.

But to answer the question, you will want to germinate in a rockwool cube.  Then transfer that to your hydro system. 

If you are using both HPS and MH, you start with MH, then switch to HPS when flowering.  Not the other way around.

Nutes are a preference.  Any hydro nute you buy at a grow store will work just fine.  Make sure you have a pH and PPM meter if you are wanting to do hydro.

The distance from your plant is all depending on heat being put off from your bulb.  You want to make sure that it's a comfortable temperature, so no more than 85 degrees at the top of your plant.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: Germination + ntes for DWC [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #679562 - 07/28/13 10:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, thanks for the info!
Yes, my seed is feminised, and lol i got the bulbs mixed up. I'll try not to do that in the fuutre so much.

Are there any nutes you recommend? I can't just walk into my hudro shop and ask what they recommend for pot...

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germination + ntes for DWC [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #679564 - 07/28/13 10:18 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well ALL the nutrients they carry in a grow store are designed specifically for pot.  Even if they aren't labeled as such.

But I personally like botanicaire.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds