Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #410099 - 05/01/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by brifunforme (11/04/10 12:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
... [Re: brifunforme]
    #410298 - 05/02/10 06:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by brifunforme (11/04/10 12:45 PM)

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Secret jardin DR80 and hydro set up questions [Re: brifunforme]
    #410320 - 05/02/10 09:45 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Well, what I am thinking of doing is getting a 20 gallon rubber maid and another rubber maid that is shallow and long and using that as a reservoir. I would just drill a fill hole and an overflow hole and install some of the caps you can buy at hydro stores. I already have plenty of water pumps and hydroton so all I need to worry about are the tubs,tubes,and fittings and I should be golden.

How long do you all feed your plants when you water with hydro? How many intervals and for how long?

So your intention is to construct a flood and drain system using a rubber maid as your flood chamber? :what:

If you want easy hydro, why not DWC? Then all you need is one rubbermaid.

My last grow was a flood and drain. I would flood for 30 minutes every 4 hours during light period. Dark period 30 minutes every 6. You can actually play around with that though. The idea is to allow the roots to breathe as much as possible but to keep them moist with nutrient solution also. NFT doesn't matter, water is always running. DWC doesn't matter, waters always there.

Just so you know, hempy buckets are hydro.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Secret jardin DR80 and hydro set up questions [Re: TomCollins]
    #410336 - 05/02/10 10:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I personally don't consider Hempy buckets hydro at all.  To me that's soil-less.  Big difference to me.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Secret jardin DR80 and hydro set up questions [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #410340 - 05/02/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I personally don't consider Hempy buckets hydro at all.  To me that's soil-less.  Big difference to me.

Plants sitting in a soilless, rock based medium and nutrient solution. Sounds pretty hydro to me.  :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
... [Re: brifunforme]
    #410353 - 05/02/10 11:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by brifunforme (11/04/10 12:46 PM)

OfflineTomCollins

#410377 - 05/02/10 12:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's just that you would have an obscenely large flood chamber. Not that that's necessarily bad, however I question whether this may cause problems with the roots and what not. Considering they would be dangling and you would have massive amounts of water flooding and then leaving. I guess I would just have to see it for myself to get what you mean exactly. I grew my plants out of drainage piping. :shrug:

Heavy aeration actually prevents algae and bacteria growth. In fact, in every hydro setup  it's recommended you aerate the water as much as possible. It's extremely good for the roots. So even in your flood and drain, it's recommended you aerate the solution of your reservoir.

I just thought, since you want to work with rubber maids why not go DWC? It would be easier and rubber maids are ideal for DWC setups. However, I can understand if you want to go a certain route. You have your dream and you want to pursue it. More power to ya. :jah:

Good luck and post some pictures.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #410379 - 05/02/10 12:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It wouldnt have a deep flood table. I would be using a shallow rubbermaid. Like the ones that go under beds. And the res would probably be a 10 gallon rubbermaid instead of 20. But yeah, it would be similar to a mega garden.

I dont foresee any problems with the roots by using a rubbermaid. :confused: I think you are thinking of the larger rubbermaids. Thats not what I would use as the table.

The idea in my head actually has a much smaller foot print then in your pics and would contain more plants.

Something like this as a flood table but without the wheels. I would light proof it and the lid or find one that isnt clear and cut holes for individual pots. That way I can remove individual plants with ease.
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/359692-fashion_clears_underbed_box.html

OfflineTomCollins

#410410 - 05/02/10 01:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I originally had more plants:

No I get what you're saying. I think that that amount of water flowing in there may damage the roots a little - because to flood that thing you would need to get a lot of water in there. It seems that the roots would be moving a fair bit and I don't know how that will turn out... but then again what do I know. If you filled the whole thing with hydroton though, I think you would then have a pretty solid system. Excuse me if this is what you're actually planning to do, because in that case you're pretty solid. Make sure though that the hydroton isn't going to roll into your plumbing.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #410417 - 05/02/10 01:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No, I planned on putting them in pots and put the hydroton in the pots. Basically building a megagarden but with rubbermaids. DO the problems you mention occur with the megagarden?

OfflineTomCollins

#410814 - 05/03/10 12:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
No, I planned on putting them in pots and put the hydroton in the pots. Basically building a megagarden but with rubbermaids. DO the problems you mention occur with the megagarden?

That works too. I now understand what you're trying to do. No I don't believe these problems will occur with the mega garden since all the roots sit in a medium and are not dangling.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds