Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
What happened? Before & After pics
    #677949 - 07/14/13 12:02 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I did what was suggested and this happened.

Before pics:

Now I used this as was suggested. They told me Happy Frog was a Fox Farm product & to use a B vitamin to boost the yellowing curling leaves. So here is what I purchased:

Now this is what they look like after putting them in larger 5gallon pots:

What do I do? Are they dying? Help please, I am new at this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
Re: What happened? Before & After pics [Re: lessthn_0]
    #677950 - 07/14/13 12:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Okay so I brought them inside cause I freaked out. Miraculously one stood up immediately when I brought her inside. Top leaves are fine, but bottom ones still damaged though I see new ones being produced.

Now this one is still wilted but lots of new leaves coming. It may take a bit longer. What should I do after I transplanted? Wait a few days before I place them back out on the deck? Hope the new leaves come through on the second one? I have had them outside on my deck exposed to the elements and letting rain take care of them (it's raining regular here now) when dry I water myself.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #677981 - 07/14/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

A little more information maybe?  your not giving me much to go on.  Did they wilt when they went outside?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #678042 - 07/15/13 03:11 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Like Hawk said not much to go by so I'm gonna give my guess. 1 How much superthrive did you give them and it was the wrong product for a vitimin B1 boost. The stuff has some B1 in it but not enough to really help. You probably didn't but I'll say it anyway. Don't give a plant more then 1/4 tsp per gallon of superthrive.

Now it looks as if the plants were standing on there own outside for a bit I may be wrong but that is what is seems from your post. Lack of water will make them wilt. Excess heat will also. Then there is over feeding. To much nitrogen will make them wilt also and many think it's something else. I'm gonna say that isn't the problem though.

The leaves going to yellow from the bottom up suggest that they were not getting enough nitrogen esp if they went from green to light green then yellow to a pale yellow. B1 is not the cause of that.

Next time you want to boost B1 try this
http://www.hydroponics.net/i/132332

The organic version
http://www.hydroponics.net/i/132329

Did any roots get damaged during the transplant or did the root ball break up? If the roots were uncovered and exposed to air they are in shock.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
Re: What happened? Before & After pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #678062 - 07/15/13 09:10 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yes they wilted while outside when I transplanted them. But they are inside now and both are standing up now. New leaves are there and the top leaves are fine. Bottom leaves are shot. Should I cut those off, or leave them alone?

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
Re: What happened? Before & After pics [Re: Magash]
    #678063 - 07/15/13 09:12 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I lost 'some' of the root ball. I read somewhere to keep them inside for a few days and then put them back out on the deck. Ok will check that product out and thank you guys so much for the help, it is very much appreciated.

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
    #678068 - 07/15/13 09:22 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Here is what they look like today.

Should I cut those curling leaves off and yellowing leaves off or leave them alone? Should I place them back out on my deck or wait another day or two? I see new leaves coming in nicely, and the top ones are fine. I know I've lost some time and growth probably. Like I said, top leaves look okay and new leaves coming in. Thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated.

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
    #678069 - 07/15/13 09:24 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

No this said not to give more than a 1/4 tsp per gallon, so I followed the directions. I didn't give them that much water, but enough to wet them good. maybe a gallon between both of them. Could that be the problem as well?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #678070 - 07/15/13 09:25 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Just keep the leaves on em.  I would let those guys recover for a couple of weeks, then slowly introduce them to the outside.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
    #678073 - 07/15/13 09:50 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Okay thank you so much! When I start to take them out, how much sun do you suggest I let them have? To be honest it's very humid and hot where I live right now. Afternoon can be in the 90's and humidity is at 66% right now.

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
    #678074 - 07/15/13 09:51 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I also have a question about watering. How do you suggest I water them right now in this stage?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #678076 - 07/15/13 10:47 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah if ya lost some of the root ball that product I showed you will help then get past the root shock which they are obviously in.

Quote:

. I didn't give them that much water, but enough to wet them good. maybe a gallon between both of them. Could that be the problem as well?

Nah you did ok there.

Quote:

I also have a question about watering. How do you suggest I water them right now in this stage?

Just wait till the top layer of the soil is dry and you can water. I don't think you're doing bad there.

I think I have it pinned down to it being to hot outside (90f is what you said) and with the combination of loosing some of the root ball was a bit much for them esp after you said they stood back up after moving them back in.

Now I don't know how big you want them but I'm pretty sure you want to harvest more then a few grams. What I'm saying is by the time they are done recovering it may be a bit late to put them outside esp if they are a indica strain. Many indicas are able to be harvested in Sept so putting them out in Augest could trigger flowering. Which quite obviously they are not ready for.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
    #678077 - 07/15/13 11:00 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yes they are Northern Lights. I will go purchase the stuff you suggested tomorrow.

The temps are going from 86 to 90 here and humidity right now is sitting at 66%. That's outside. I keep my indoors at 78 - 80 all the time, all year round.

I will keep them in for a couple weeks, give them the treatment you suggest and then slowly introduce them back to the deck. Should I place them in a window here? Should I put a light over them while inside? They seem to be okay .... but I don't know. I need to read more about this growing stuff. I like the outdoors and organic for sure. Thank you all for helping so much.

Offlinelessthn_0
Lessthn_0
Female
    #679330 - 07/26/13 03:05 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Just to let you all know the two are still doing okay. Will post pictures later.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #679338 - 07/26/13 06:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hopefully the humidity lowers a little by the time they are flowering. If not be sure to check the buds every day once they start.

:potleaf:

--------------------

OfflineGaV
Stranger
 User Gallery

#683030 - 08/25/13 11:09 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

About all this b vitamin mess

http://puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/Horticultural%20Myths_files/Myths/Vitamin%20B1.pdf

That is to say, don't get sucked into the marketing bullshit.

Edited by GaV (08/25/13 11:12 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom