Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Starting a new grow. Got the Solarstorm 400w from the GFP
    #648502 - 11/28/12 07:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well folks here is it. I am going to be starting a new LED grow and I have been searching all over the net for a few weeks now. I was going to purchase AdvancedLEDs but I got what I think is a better deal from Cali Light works. The major turn on for me was its made in the USA. The 400watt LED light is usually 999 but threw the growers feedback program I got it for 599 with the ability to return it after my grow. I am excited to use this light. I will be growing in a 4x4 but only use a 3x3 area.

Here is the light. Tell me what you all think!CaliLightWorks

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Starting a new grow. Got the Solarstorm 400w from the GFP [Re: GBurger717]
    #648546 - 11/29/12 12:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to see that one in action. Its strange that they threw a few UV T8's on the side instead of using UV LED's like everyone else, but those are often about $5 per diode--still kinda defeats the point of using LED if you have to swap bulbs out. They have a thick looking heat sink, which is a good sign. They are a strange company in that they use the less efficient '5w' diodes and 120º lens that give you better coverage at the loss of penetration. You should be fine in a small area like that. 

Using their growers feedback program? Hopefully they wont send you one that someone else already used and returned. The solarstorm 800 draws ~620-640w, so I'm going to say the 400 probably draws around 310-330w. If you have a kill-a-watt meter you should check it to see what it actually uses.

The companies return and cancellation policy seem to conflict. If you cancel or request a refund, its a 25% restocking fee, but right below that it says that if your not fully satisfied with it after 90 days you can get 100% back minus shipping. So it saves you money to use the light... kinda strange. 

But for the price it should still be a decent light.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag