Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green)
    #648093 - 11/26/12 05:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hello again, growerites.  It's been a pretty decent chunk of time since I've kept any sort of serious log, or spent much time here, but now that things have calmed down in my personal life I can share my garden once again. 

We have the LA returning yet again.  In fact, this is the only strain I've had in my garden for a few years now.  I have purchased some beans from one of our sponsors here, bean boyz genetics (www.beanboyzgenetics.com), which should be here in matter of days.  I purchased the lemon grinderz OGK, and peezy was most kind to gift me a pack of the KWO.  Some good guys over on that site, take a minute to pop over there and say hi, I found it really nice to be able to interact with the people I was purchasing my gear from.  Be sure to let em know you came from the growery if you do pop by!  So once I get my gear from them I'll get it vegging and come end of January I'll be able to log about a new plant for the first time in 3 years or so :wink:

A couple of things have changed in my garden.  I replaced the 4 inch exhaust with a 6 inch a while back (may have mentioned it in a log), upgraded to a 6 inch carbon filter as well which is much larger than the can filter I had before.  I bleached down the entire cabinet, replaced the plastic sheeting on the bottom, and will be ordering a 12 inch wall mounted fan this week.  I've had two grows now dealing with bud rot.  So the bleach was to hopefully nuke anything left behind, got rid of anything I could remove and replace easily, and hopefully the additional fan closer towards the tops of the plants will help keep the humidity down and the air fresher.  Finally I moved away from Advanced Nutrients, I will never go back, and I will never recommend their products either.  Absolute garbage, but I had to see it for myself before I could put it down.  I switched back to gen hydro, went with their flora duo line because I can use the same nutes for grow and veg.  Just followed their feeding chart and the first grow I averaged 3/4 oz more per plant than with AN.  Next grow was an oz more per plant.  Great stuff, leaves behind a lot less salt as well which was a major problem I had with AN's stuff.  This grow I will be adding in the liquid kool bloom, before my only nutes were the rapid start in the first few feedings, Duo A+B, then Kool Bloom dry at the very end.  So I'm hoping the liquid kool bloom will add on a little extra weight as well.  I'm also trying out a product called GoGnats as I've had a bit of a fungus gnat problem.  Either I bought some infected coco, or some potted plants my ex brought in had them, i've been using pest strips which have been quite effective.  Still, this stuff is supposed to zap the larvae and eggs so my hope is just to head em off at the pass this time if there's any floating around.

So tonight I am feeding

5 ml Flora Duo A+B
1 ml Rapid Start
3 ml GoGnats
1 ml Ph down

and so it begins!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: coda]
    #648097 - 11/26/12 06:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome man. I love general hydro nutrients also. Have you considered the floralicious+  supplement? Can be used in veg and flower,that stuff rocks. I wont do a grow without it.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #648107 - 11/26/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm choosing to add in new additives slowly.  I really don't like spending cash on things which don't provide much benefit.  It's on the list of things to try though, but like I said I try my best to keep costs as low as possible per grow.

On a side note, that GoGnats stuff is just concentrated cedar oil.  When you mix it up with your food it makes your nute solution smell like a hamster cage lol.  It's actually a pleasant smell to me, but it some thick nasty shit to work with.  I don't plan on using it much longer than two weeks.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #648108 - 11/26/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

sub'd :popcorn:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #648145 - 11/26/12 09:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You should raise the light up so there are less bends in the venting, and raise the plants themselves up.  Just makes everything run a bit more efficiently.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #648146 - 11/26/12 10:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yah, I agree, I could stack them up on some containers and get them closer to the light but I'm trying to avoid the effort.  What I've been thinking of doing is lowering the filter and shortening the ducting.  I might have to figure out something different to do with that small fan.  Maybe remove it all together if the wall mounted fan I'm buying is strong enough.  In the end it was pretty poor cabinet design on my part.  I should have cut the hole in the ceiling and removed the need for a second bend on the port side.  Oh well, this whole thing is getting replaced with a grow tent fairly soon.  When that happens I'll finally be able to hang all of my equipment properly instead playing tetris with it trying to get it to work :smile:

Regardless the fan is overpowered for the room, so any loss of efficiency is made up by the abundance of power.  Big reason in why I replaced my previous fan with it.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #648152 - 11/26/12 10:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I kind of figured it was big enough that it didn't matter.  But thought I'd throw that out there anyways.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #648493 - 11/28/12 05:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Day 3

Fed tonight

5 ml Flora Duo A+B
1 ml Rapid Start
3 ml GoGnats
1 ml Ph down

Everything going as normal, plants put on a few inches, but there's really not much to show so no pictures tonight.  I'm going to let them dry out until Saturday this time and then give them a full feeding.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #648620 - 11/29/12 06:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

so what did you have your ppms @ for the first two feedings?

lookin forward watching your grow progress :awesomenod:  I smoked the last of my L.A. Confidential last night. The smell and flavor of the smoke was so incredibly unique..... it was without a doubt some of the best herb I've ever grown.

I would love grow out anything crossed with this strain!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #648649 - 11/29/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dunno, didn't measure.  Grow chart says I should be between 500-700 right now with the dose I gave.  I shouldn't be going much higher then 1000 during the entire grow.

I've enjoyed this strain a lot, it's a wonderful hash producer as well as a great smoke on its own.  If I get the 5x5 tent I'll probably grow one or two of them each run just for the hash it can make, plants are just loaded with resin come harvest.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #649125 - 12/02/12 06:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Day 6

Fed tonight

5 ml Duo A
7.5 ml Duo B
2 ml Kool Bloom Liquid
1 ml Rapid Start
3 ml GoGnats

Gave them the first full watering tonight.  Let them go one extra day to dry them out as much as possible, I originally was thinking of doing this on saturday.  They still felt too heavy though so I stuck it out one more night.  Tonight they each got the full dose which is a 1/2 gallon per plant.  Should be at least 3 days, if not 4, before I have to water them again.  By the third week though I'll definitely be needing to water every other day.

Other than that the growth is great, all of them are filling out and growing up tall quite nicely.  Look a little starved but hopefully this will fix that and the rest of the feedings will be a bit heavier now too.

--------------------

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#649132 - 12/02/12 07:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Looking forward to these girls picking up steam...  :popcorn:
Are you running the bloom cycle already?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: Kief]
    #649143 - 12/02/12 08:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yup

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #649475 - 12/04/12 08:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Day 8

Fed tonight

5 ml Duo A
7.5 ml Duo B
2 ml Kool Bloom Liquid
1 ml Rapid Start
3 ml GoGnats

well, I fed tonight.  The pots were light enough even though the soil was still a little damp.  Only reason I didn't let them dry out one more day was because they were looking a little hungry so I went ahead and drenched em again.  Growth is going very well, other than the slight lack of food no other problems.  I'm going to quit with the GoGnats after this week.  Figure I should have zapped anything in the soil by now.  I haven't seen any flying around the grow room or crawling on a container and I usually see one or two by now.  So hopefully I won't have to retreat.  I'll get some more pics up with the next watering, they're getting big quick :smile:

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#649545 - 12/05/12 06:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: shagdawg420]
    #649840 - 12/06/12 08:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Day 10

Well, I went to water tonight, but after really thinking about it and doing a lot of container lifts I held off.  Just one more day even though two plants could have taken water no problem.  While I was in there I might as well snap some pics of the growth.  As you can see they've gotten pretty tall and bushy and most, if not all, have buds forming already.  I'm ordering that wall mount fan tonight and hopefully it gets here quickly as I really should have ordered it last week.  Other than that, looking pretty good and on we go.

EDIT:

For fun

Day 6

Day 10

--------------------

Edited by coda (12/06/12 08:53 PM)

OfflineKief
Tomato Cage Fighter

#650015 - 12/07/12 07:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Beauties!  I see some browning on the edges... know what that is?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 (back in green) [Re: Kief]
    #650037 - 12/07/12 11:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Soil's probably a bit too hot for the plants.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #650043 - 12/08/12 12:30 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Day 11

Fed Tonight

5 ml Duo A
7.5 ml Duo B
2 ml Kool Bloom Liquid
1 ml Rapid Start

Yah, these plants are a little touchy.  They'll be fine though.  Probably give them plain water for the next feeding. No matter what I do the tips always burn on this plant, and really only one plant got a little too hot.  The rest of the damaged leaves most likely came from the cloning run where the leaves take a little beating.

If I had the room and time to give them a proper veg they probably would fare a lot better in the first few weeks then they do.  As it is though, they get one week (+/- a day or so) veg time max with the last three days of it being the transplant into the three gallon container.  I need to try and keep them relatively small due to my space constraints.  Otherwise they'd get at least three weeks under the veg lights to build up a healthier root system.

--------------------

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
    #650051 - 12/08/12 05:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Damn those are moving right along. Did the gnat issue go away yet?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck