Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleplantit
dankveganchips
 User Gallery

Loc: tha car wash
whats a good way to grow for a personal??
    #642839 - 11/01/12 01:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

is a closet good?? or a grow tent??? etc??

both ar e great. Ill be building a grow cab with a old dressor after my closet mini grow though,,than on to 1k...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: whats a good way to grow for a personal?? [Re: plantit]
    #642841 - 11/01/12 02:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds good, but I'm trying to figure out your question.  It seems like you know what you want to do.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: whats a good way to grow for a personal?? [Re: plantit]
    #642842 - 11/01/12 02:43 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Grow tents are ideal for a few reasons like ventilation holes and reflective walls, already light proof (which can be tough sometimes).  Closets need better ventilation than leaving the door open with a fan on.

It depends on how much you want to smoke in a 2-3 month period, figure that out and you can work from there. Tents on ebay are inexpensive, I have a couple that work fine. In fact a lot of stuff is cheapest on ebay--nutrients being one of the best savings.

I just switched to Canna coco nutrients and brand coco coir and I'm liking the results a lot better so far. It can be mixed full strength pretty much the entire time and no nutrient burn. The occasional flush every couple weeks and you'll be fine. with Advanced that shit was always a guessing game on how much to feed them that time. Nutrient problems the entire time. But thats what happens when they make you use 18 products, compared to 5 for Canna. Price wise it is not that expensive, being about mid-range in pricing. Easy to use and a name thats been around for awhile. The last harvest cost ~$26 per oz in nutrients and I plan to cut back the Boost and expect it to be down around $15 in the future. Good bud is priceless.  in a 5 gallon pot with coco you will need about a gallon of water per day towards the end of flower, so if you cant water switch it up to another medium like soil.

And I'm all about LED lighting if you can afford some expensive fixtures ($1000 for a 2x4 area producing large dense flavorful buds). 99.9% of the LED's out there are junk though, so if you don't pay the premium for a good light then your wasting all your money completely. Tons of bullshit marketing and false claims of incredible power and no heat. I'm a fan of Advanced LED Lights, as they seem to have a fairly good configuration--there are tons of variables with LED making it tough to get a good system down. Hundreds of different diodes to choose from, lens angles, heat management, and a plethora of others.

Price for the coverage area is a bit steep, but if you've just been buying the whole time this will almost definitely pay for itself in the first harvest in terms of savings on not buying herb.

Grapegod Day 30 of flower

lemon ice in the back row (week 7), grapegod to the right, afgoo left center chemdog in the front.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: whats a good way to grow for a personal?? [Re: phychotron]
    #642936 - 11/01/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

It was costing you 26 dollars in nutrients for EVERY once you produced?  That's just fucking crazy man.

I just did some rough calculations for mine, and I'm paying MAYBE 7.  I think that's a little high as well since I high balled my nutrient costs.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: whats a good way to grow for a personal?? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #642961 - 11/01/12 07:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

ya, I also had some problems with a light leak in the beginning. I really overdid it on the canna boost that first crop.  There is no rough calculation, all done on a spreadsheet and tracking costs since they root. Traditionally its been $6-15 with the next crop estimated at $9-11.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: whats a good way to grow for a personal?? [Re: phychotron]
    #642963 - 11/01/12 07:38 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That still seems high.  I'll price up everything I use and get you an exact figure.

Have you tried the Botanicaire line?

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: whats a good way to grow for a personal?? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #642972 - 11/01/12 08:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you rename some of the headings in the spreadsheet I posted in this thread you can do it all automatically. Only edit the green cells, and adjust prices that you paid for each bottle and size on the variables sheet. In the end put in the number of oz and it will shoot out the price per.

I'm working on V2 that tracks other expenses, like electricity and coco coir. For that to work I need to have all my plants on one grow cycle, which is coming soon. I have a kill-o-watt that I'm going to have record kha.

Haven't used Botanicare, their coco/perlite is alright, but I'm not about to switch it up again any time soon. I'm using blumats in pure coco and so far Canna is working great.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate