Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

PPM ?'s
    #637186 - 09/11/12 11:04 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So I changed out the both buckets today.  I added

4 gallons water
2.25ml ph down
20ml advanced bloom part a
20ml advanced bloom part b
20ml Bud candy
20ml of big bud

I also noticed that my ppm meter was running high and I calibrated it to match the new one I had ordered.  It was about 35ppm off on the high side. So all my prior ppms were high compared to what is correct.

Now when I added all this my ppm was at like 600!

Now this is where I get confused
I thought this to be far too high as they are currently at about 400- 420.  Now I added the 20ml of big bud which is going to increase the ppm's of course but another 100+ppm?

I was worried about nute burn as that's what happened last batch.  Last batch I added the same except 5ml more bloom and grow and now big bud.

After thinking and worrying about burning them I removed about 8 pints of liquid from each bucket after mixing the solution and replace it with 5.6 ph water to bring down the ppm's  they are at about 540-550 now.  I still feel as this might be too high but I left it anyways as I don't quite know what the big bud does to the plant itself. From what i read bud candy doesn't burn plants cause it's basically just like sugars. but big bud looks like actual chemical. Can big bud burn the plants?  Anyone ever used it?  Does it really raise your ppm's?

Any input or thought are appreciated!

:cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: PPM ?'s [Re: phrostbyte]
    #637212 - 09/12/12 12:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i usually run about 600-850 up until mid bloom, then i'll go up to about 1000 till flush.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: PPM ?'s [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #637213 - 09/12/12 12:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've never grown hydro...so I'm not sure if my experiences are comparable to yours, buuuuuut....i feel your ppms are a bit low. I grow  in soil and use advanced's sensi a and b along with ALL of their flowering additives. 

When I feed for the first time after flippin the lights I'm at 1000-1200 ppms for their first dose of flowering nutes. Shit...the last week of veg i feed at 1200ppm too. The only nutrient burn I've experienced was slightly burnt tips on the leafs of less hungry plants. The most I've fed at was 1800 ppm for a certain strain that seemed to have a never ending appetite.

You're growing gdp right? Have you done any research on how the strain likes to be fed and do you know what you've got for phenos? sometimes there will be info about this at the seedbank sites....not always though.

I personally feel that 600 is too low to feed at. I feed my clones their first feeding at 300 ppms....I can't see how 600 ppms for flower is too much for ya.

But like i said...I've never grown hydro..I could be completely wrong :shrug:

hopefully Magash or someone else with hydro experience chimes in.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PPM ?'s [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #637215 - 09/12/12 01:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, well all these are going to depend on the nutrient brand that you are using, and the strain that you have.  If they seem to be doing good at 600, great.  If it burns em, live and learn.  Every strain will require different amounts, and different nutrient brands will run higher or lower than others.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: PPM ?'s [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #637232 - 09/12/12 07:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for your input guys.  I have really never gone past 600 ppm's for an entire grow. Granted my last 4 grows I only used advanced grow n bloom 2 part.  Every strain I have grown always burned if I went that high and I usually can pull at least 3 zips from a plant under my 400W.  guess I'll just have to watch and feel it out.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PPM ?'s [Re: phrostbyte]
    #637247 - 09/12/12 10:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

With AN I've noticed that I usually burn them when switching between big bud and overdrive. Now I will flush the plants and lower the base nutrient when I switch to overdrive. This is with soil/soilless/coco. I'm switching it up to canna/coco now to avoid the 50 part AN line. The full Canna line is 5 things, cheaper, and looks like the plants are doing significantly better so far, still on the first run.

I've always gone between 600-1500 ppm, but don't use nutrients every single watering. I've used the autopots in the past, and have generally done a lower ppm, ~4-700 throughout, and it still has problems with burn. Sometimes its the plant that's very sensitive to nutrients and burns easily, just gotta feel yours out with trial and error. Keep good notes on ppm's and how your plant looks. make a spreadsheet to track your concentrations, etc. eventually if you collect enough data you'll realize what that strain likes and dislikes. I have a spreadsheet I could upload that can calculate concentrations and graph it. It also calculates price as well, just have to put in the cost and size and it does the rest.

As for AN: big bud/overdrive are essential. bud igniter, while very expensive, can work wonders with some plants. I suggest the 250ml to try out, the stuff is not used very much. I think their beneficial voodoo/tarantula/piranha are overpriced and over rated (by them.) Bud factor X is hard to tell if it's worth it, haven't done a side by side. I want to say there is some benefit to flavor, but its hard to tell. Same with bud candy/carboload as well.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PPM ?'s [Re: phychotron]
    #637253 - 09/12/12 11:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the spreadsheet. It doesn't have all the AN products, just the one's I've used. Green cells are for user input, don't edit the grey cells, it will calculate the value for those. Make a copy of the AN Template Sheet and rename/fill that out, not the template itself, the graphs will eventually start to take form. I've put in the recommended application rate in the first line of the template.

If you have a product that you use and there are things you don't use, like f1 or h2 for example, just edit the header and cost/size/application rate on the variables page to reflect the different product. I've also included the canna template, but it does not have any graphs.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck