Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Dateline-My kid would never do that.
    #619751 - 04/22/12 06:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just watched this bullshit. There were these 4 groups (at the end section of the show) and in all of these the kids thought they were on a show taste-testing food, yet they were really on dateline to see if they'd get in a car with a drunk/high driver. Each group consisted of 3 kids and 1 actor to peer pressure and another actor to drive drunk. The actors kept fucking saying how they were wasted/high so the kids new.

First group- Normal teens, high driver. They all got in.
Second group-Normal teens, drunk driver. They all got in.
Third group- Normal teens (with another actor saying "I'm not getting in with a drunk driver") They all got in, excluding the actor.
Fourh group-Kids who were taught D.A.R.E and drunk driving educations weekly with their mothers, reinforcing the idea not to drive drunk. None got in.

Am I the only one who's sees this propaganda in these skits?

(when I was a teen, we ALWAYS made sure we could sleep at the house we were drinking in or made one of us out of the group to be a designated driver and none of us went though D.A.R.E or even was taught the drunk driving shit, except for maybe a day in middle school)

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Edited by Shr0000ooooms (04/22/12 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #619754 - 04/22/12 06:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Of course we can see the propaganda in it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#619805 - 04/22/12 11:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:(when I was a teen, we ALWAYS made sure we could sleep at the house we were drinking in or made one of us out of the group to be a designated driver and none of us went though D.A.R.E or even was taught the drunk driving shit, except for maybe a day in middle school)

really, when I was a kid i would get in the car with people drunk and high all the time. 

Kids do stupid shit.  Hardly some govt conspiracy

Offlineremix
grammer natze

#619877 - 04/23/12 03:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

haha. we had DARE at my high school AND middle school. regardless of that, i know plenty of people who got DUIs/DWIs...ect... that i went to school with.

actually, near the end of my senior year, a party got busted with booze and a bunch of students caught there couldn't participate in the graduation ceremony. i wish i was one of them, cause that ceremony was boring as shit.

regardless... this entire "experiment" is bullshit if none of the kids were given the option of calling a taxi/taking the bus. cause that's what i do if people are too fucked to drive me.

that mainly applies to alcohol, though. i'm not really concerned about safety when people are high (on weed) and driving.

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: kyuzo]
    #619879 - 04/23/12 03:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:
Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:(when I was a teen, we ALWAYS made sure we could sleep at the house we were drinking in or made one of us out of the group to be a designated driver and none of us went though D.A.R.E or even was taught the drunk driving shit, except for maybe a day in middle school)

really, when I was a kid i would get in the car with people drunk and high all the time. 

Kids do stupid shit.  Hardly some govt conspiracy

Me and my friends were usually pretty responsible about that type of thing, I would never get in a car with a drunk driver. I would also usually be sober since I really never enjoyed drinking very much so I never had any problem being the designated driver.
Of course, there where always few dumb asses that would drive drunk/stoned like it was no big deal.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #619897 - 04/23/12 05:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I did the same, hell I've drove my MOTORCYCLE drunk before I ever even got a license (and got caught, but the cop couldn't tell I was buzzed). I don't think people should be surprised that indoctrination works, that's why people talk about it.

In general I have nothing but hate for drunk drivers and high drivers, it has very nearly made me flip out on my drivers at work too.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #619916 - 04/23/12 06:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
In general I have nothing but hate for drunk drivers and high drivers, it has very nearly made me flip out on my drivers at work too.

I agree with you on drunk driving. I've straight stolen a homie's keys because he was trying to leave my house after we polished off a bottle of JD and an 18rack between the two of us.

BUT,  I think there is a huge difference between drunk driving, and driving stoned. Over half the research I've read on the subject of mmj patients and driving assert that on a whole, stoners are SAFER drivers than BOTH drunk and sober drivers.

I have seen so much propaganda on "drugged driving" that it makes me sick! There is absolutely no quantifiable basis for inebriation when it comes to marijuana.

Because your body assimilates THC, rather than expelling it like it does with poisons such as cocaine or alcohol, there's no way for them to tell how incapacitated someone is. The body holds onto cannaboids for 30 days or longer, yet you're sober an hour or two after you've smoked.

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Tank333]
    #619925 - 04/23/12 07:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It was funny it said 30 percent of teens have marijuana in their system after being in an accident. I asked "where's the study" they never showed it even after claiming the show would....I also pointed out marijuana stays in your system for a month.

Also, seems as if most of you had irresponsible friends as a teen and were just idiots in general.... (no offense)

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Shr0000ooooms] * 1
    #619949 - 04/23/12 10:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:Also, seems as if most of you had irresponsible friends as a teen and were just idiots in general.... (no offense)

kinda the point of being a kid, mate

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #619953 - 04/23/12 10:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
Also, seems as if most of you had irresponsible friends as a teen and were just idiots in general.... (no offense)

LOL
This coming from a kid whom has found himself in more than his fair share of trouble.
Teens tend to do a lot of stupid shit, that's how they learn and grow up.
It's just a phase that many of us have gone thru.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Stoneth]
    #619973 - 04/24/12 01:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think you mean a phase:smilingpuppy:

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Stoneth]
    #619992 - 04/24/12 09:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:

LOL
This coming from a kid whom has found himself in more than his fair share of trouble.
Teens tend to do a lot of stupid shit, that's how they learn and grow up.
It's just a phrase that many of us have gone thru.

Fair share of trouble? I got my car searched once because they thought I was shop-lifting... (they found shake of bud on the ground, just enough for a sample)

Haven't ever driven drunk, got in a car with a drunk driver. Yes, I did stupid shit as a teen, but nothing retarded.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Alounacara]
    #620043 - 04/24/12 06:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
I think you mean a phase:smilingpuppy:

YEs yes I did.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Tank333]
    #620103 - 04/25/12 08:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you got in a car with a drunk driver, by my definition you have done some stupid shit.

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

I agree with you on drunk driving. I've straight stolen a homie's keys because he was trying to leave my house after we polished off a bottle of JD and an 18rack between the two of us.

BUT,  I think there is a huge difference between drunk driving, and driving stoned. Over half the research I've read on the subject of mmj patients and driving assert that on a whole, stoners are SAFER drivers than BOTH drunk and sober drivers.

I have seen so much propaganda on "drugged driving" that it makes me sick! There is absolutely no quantifiable basis for inebriation when it comes to marijuana.

Because your body assimilates THC, rather than expelling it like it does with poisons such as cocaine or alcohol, there's no way for them to tell how incapacitated someone is. The body holds onto cannaboids for 30 days or longer, yet you're sober an hour or two after you've smoked.

It still effects your psychomotor skills. I don't care if when we get high we drive more careful, i'd almost say it's more from the effect of what kind of habit drunk drivers and high drivers have. A high driver will probably be more conservative about his driving as a result of him not wanting to be pulled over, and not just because he is intoxicated just because he fears the police as a result of the threat of being busted. I know anytime I have bud I am extremely worried about doing everything 100% legal to avoid interaction with police officers, and this has even translated into me being a real stickler for the rules of the road in general because i have just gotten used to the habit.

No matter what you say the impairment makes it harder to react in emergency/split second situations, it just so happens that more high drivers drive cautiously as compared to drunk ones. And those emergency/quick situations are the ones I care about, I often feel people in general just don't realize that a care is effectively a murder-machine. Anything that impairs your functions behind the wheel at all is a really moronic thing to do in general, and I personally would rather just go without being high then drive high these days.

Hell now that i have my own house i exclusively smoke there to avoid exposure to other people, I don't like being in public high at all. :shrug:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Dateline-My kid would never do that. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #620134 - 04/25/12 12:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
If you got in a car with a drunk driver, by my definition you have done some stupid shit.

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

It still effects your psychomotor skills. I don't care if when we get high we drive more careful, i'd almost say it's more from the effect of what kind of habit drunk drivers and high drivers have. A high driver will probably be more conservative about his driving as a result of him not wanting to be pulled over, and not just because he is intoxicated just because he fears the police as a result of the threat of being busted. I know anytime I have bud I am extremely worried about doing everything 100% legal to avoid interaction with police officers, and this has even translated into me being a real stickler for the rules of the road in general because i have just gotten used to the habit.

No matter what you say the impairment makes it harder to react in emergency/split second situations, it just so happens that more high drivers drive cautiously as compared to drunk ones. And those emergency/quick situations are the ones I care about, I often feel people in general just don't realize that a care is effectively a murder-machine. Anything that impairs your functions behind the wheel at all is a really moronic thing to do in general, and I personally would rather just go without being high then drive high these days.

Hell now that i have my own house i exclusively smoke there to avoid exposure to other people, I don't like being in public high at all. :shrug:

So... with my daughter being born, I think my views on this subject are changing dramatically. Like I said in a post in another thread, I don't feel okay being high while I'm taking care of her. A week ago I felt I would be just fine smoking a couple bowls and then taking care of her. But now, after last night, felt too high after ONE hash hit! I :feelsbadman:, cause I want to make sure I'm ready for everything. But I didn't realize just how much of a fuddle it puts me in until I had something of the utmost importance to care for...

While I don't have the worries of being messed with by the piggies (we're medical patients), I still have DSHS to worry about. While there are protections for medical patients with children in place, I still have to make sure our medicating doesn't pose any sort of hazard to her health and wellbeing.

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale