Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope
    #607209 - 01/29/12 12:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

OK, I know I've been quiet for a few weeks so I figured I'd hop back in and make a new log. I like to wait and make 100% sure my seedlings are going to survive before I make a thread :lol:

Anyways, its 100% coco under 150 watts of CFL for veg. Fox Farm trio for food, as well as a dropper full of CalMag+ every feeding. Today marks the end of week 2 of veg.

Blue Cheese

Burmese Kush

Chocolope

I'm not sure whats up with the Chocolope girl there. She was odd right out of the seed and took quite a bit of coaxing to get her out. She was given to me as a gift last Christmas ('10) so maybe its the age? I'm not sure how true that could be. But whatever, I'm sure I'll be able to bring her around. I've read its a stubborn plant.

Isn't it amazing how early on these strains are showing their indica/sativa characteristics? The Chocolope being so thin and sativa and the BUKU being so fat and indica?

I'll allow these to go for a few more weeks...preferably until I can get a clone from each one (wanting to save the buku and Blue Cheese the most - wanting Chocolope so I can return the favor to the guy who gifted me the seed!)

If something spectacular happens with any of them I'll post, but probably won't bother updating until I get ready to flip them to flower. I'm guessing right around Valentines day, but we'll see.

PS > The burned up girl in the background was my seed experiment. I'm doing her outdoors this summer and I wanted to see how much feeding she needed. I fed her mostly water, hence the haggard look.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope [Re: A To The K]
    #607210 - 01/29/12 12:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

For anyone interested, heres links to each of the seeds breeder page.

Blue Cheese

Burmese Kush

Chocolope

Offlinethe man

Re: Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope [Re: A To The K]
    #607292 - 01/29/12 06:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

to much water? test ur PH.blue cheese and burmese are indica dom and chocolope if im not mistaken is a sativa so could explain why its reacting dif. or could be its position to the fan or light and is not drying out the same as others but still getting a water.

pecae

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope [Re: the man]
    #608097 - 02/02/12 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm, still behaving oddly. I did change up my solution a little bit, didn't seem to help.

So, I just threw the Chocolope into flower with some other auto flowers I'm experimenting with. She won't yield much and I won't be able to clone her, but thats alright.

I did notice that she had nice new roots poking out, I think I repotted them only 4 days ago so thats pretty nice.

Pics when I flower the other girls. The kush has such FAT leafs, I'm loving it. The Blue Cheese is getting pretty branchy. We'll see how they turn out.

Offlinethe man

#608122 - 02/02/12 05:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

dont think teh choco was over watered?

Offlineslayer777
kush master
Male User Gallery

Loc: b.c Flag
    #608581 - 02/06/12 01:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen that many times before, some strain are just really sensitive.
sometime's its because the feed is too strong for that strain.
but sometime's its in the genes, I have a (d.n.a) O.G Kush that has some curly leaves no matter what I feed it.:hellfire:

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope [Re: the man]
    #608846 - 02/09/12 02:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the man said:
dont think teh choco was over watered?

I've learned that coco can't really BE over watered. I understand thats not in concrete, so I guess theres a chance thats what happened. I also think its been too cold for the plants.

I flowered all the plants because I had to move my flower room unfortunately and its a LOT smaller. Girlfriend lives with me now and I had to sacrifice my closet for her. Its OK, I don't mind doing it for her :wink: its an alright width but I can't have very tall plants anymore. Its OK, if I like any of these I now know that revegging is always a very simple option.

Blue Cheese

Burmese Kush

Chocolope

The Chocolope has stopped pushing out stupidly shaped/mutated leafs and is starting to straighten up. But look at the stem. It just doesn't want to fill out and get straight. Strange, because the buku has a pencil thickness or better stem. The BuKu has great vegetative growth, if it does as nicely during flower I'll reveg it for sure.

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#609567 - 02/16/12 12:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You need to drop the lights down real close man.  Look at my grow log the links in my sig.  I have my CFL's (1 Hydrofarm 2ft 4 bulb T5 and 4 100watt CFLs 14500 total lumens) and keep my whole setup within 2-3 inches of the tops of the plants.  These lights do not get hot at all, no CFLs do so thats how you have to use them super close to the plants because not only does it waste the least amount of lumens but it also keeps the plants nice and stocky with tons of nodes real close together.  Go check out what i'm saying those plants are all about 13 days old from the time i put the germ'd seeds in soil!  If you continue vegging and drop the lights real close you should definitely get some nice results!

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope [Re: bm90191]
    #610670 - 02/26/12 09:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sorry, I haven't abandoned this log, but my pc broke and I have no way to post really :frown: I can use my phone but I don't even want to bother with the shitty camera on it. I can use my friends pc sometimes, but can't do a weekly update anymore.

I'll do pics around week 5. so, 3 more weeks or so.

a text update, they've all made the switch to flower nicely. the blue cheese is so branchy! looks good so far.

the buku has the fattest leaves I've ever seen, and a very.very thick stem.

the chocolopes leaves remain curled and funky. its also stretched about double in height, which I expect from a full sativa. its making buds just fine. so well have to see how it goes.

I have a few random ladybugs appearing. brought to life by the light no doubt. I saw 3 in there, and they were all on the buku. must just be what they like hahaha.

I cloned all 3 about 10 days ago, but they were already a week into flowering, so they haven't really done their thang yet. hopefully they all drop roots.

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#610724 - 02/26/12 11:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

no expert on this but just putting two and two together if lady bugs are used to deal with mites, wouldn't they show up naturally because mites are present?  I'd check your leaves on that plant close it sounds like you could have some mites they're feeding on.  3 of them definitely will not solve that problem either.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Barneys Blue Cheese, Burmese Kush (BUKU) and Chocolope [Re: bm90191]
    #610727 - 02/27/12 05:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

that was my initial thought too. but I always get ladybugs. my walls in the house must be full of them lol so gross. but yeah, every time I grow, the lights heat up the room and I end up with a few ladybugs. they hang out for a week or so and then they die. I've never had mites...knock on wood. I did have a smaller spider making a web in there on my plants too which made me nervous but I don't even have gnats this time.

its just so cold out anything alive is gonna pick that room haha.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 6 (finally pics) [Re: A To The K]
    #613713 - 03/21/12 08:14 AM (12 years, 10 days ago)

OK, this was a huge hassle. My camera has a proprietary memory card for some stupid reason. My laptop has a card reader, but can't read it. My external card reader doesn't take the weird card in my camera. I have another camera that takes shitty pics with a regular memory card. Ugh, fuck it, tl;dr, it took forever to get this to work lol.

Anyway, week 6.

Theres the blue cheese. Its smaller than the others, but grew very bushy. I imagine in  bigger pot or outdoor it'd be phenomenal. It also looks like it will take significantly longer than the others. I still really like this plant the best. It smells really good too!

Thats the chocolope. Its really stretched, but its almost a full sativa so theres no surprise there. Its leafs are still growing stupid, but its budding up nicely so I don't really mind. Very frosty, and this smells like it'll probably be the most tasty smoke I've ever had. I doubt it'll yield much, but it will probably make some really fire headstash.

And theres the buku. 7 weeks quoted by the breeder was a bit too enthusiastic, but I bet by week 9 it'll be 100% perfect. This grew really fat. If I could find a way to stop the stretch I got from this, it'd probably be the best plant (weight wise) I've ever grown. It seems really good as is, I wonder how it'd be topped. My only real gripe is that it doesn't smell very good. Its an offputting smell even (keeping in mind that I love the smell of cannabis). Very very earthy, and almost the smell of when you smash a stink bug :uhoh:

The buku will come down first for sure, but certainly not at their quoted 7 weeks.

I will update with pictures again before I harvest each one...but probably not weekly. :sad:

Also! My clones took! All 3 of them. The buku was the most eager, but the blue cheese was close behind. The chocolope is still growing stupidly as a clone in soil, but growing nonetheless.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Week 6 (finally pics) [Re: A To The K]
    #614104 - 03/23/12 09:15 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Actually, upon further review, it seems like the BuKu might be done in 7 weeks (I'll probably give it 8 ) because I forgot I flowered it almost a week later than the other 2 girls. The calyxes are swelling up (in comparison to the other two anyway) and the trichs are about 10% amber at the moment.

I've been waiting and waiting for a very heavy indica so I'm gonna let it go a little past when  should probably. I'm very excited to have a clone of this, knowing how quickly it can finish. Its pretty rock hard too. I'd love to see what this could do outdoors or in a 5 gallon bucket :crazy2:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#614122 - 03/23/12 12:18 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

bet you cant wait to taste the harvest !i no i wouldnt mind!

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleP-O

#720139 - 03/09/14 12:40 PM (10 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
OK, this was a huge hassle. My camera has a proprietary memory card for some stupid reason. My laptop has a card reader, but can't read it. My external card reader doesn't take the weird card in my camera. I have another camera that takes shitty pics with a regular memory card. Ugh, fuck it, tl;dr, it took forever to get this to work lol.

Anyway, week 6.

Theres the blue cheese. Its smaller than the others, but grew very bushy. I imagine in  bigger pot or outdoor it'd be phenomenal. It also looks like it will take significantly longer than the others. I still really like this plant the best. It smells really good too!

Thats the chocolope. Its really stretched, but its almost a full sativa so theres no surprise there. Its leafs are still growing stupid, but its budding up nicely so I don't really mind. Very frosty, and this smells like it'll probably be the most tasty smoke I've ever had. I doubt it'll yield much, but it will probably make some really fire headstash.

And theres the buku. 7 weeks quoted by the breeder was a bit too enthusiastic, but I bet by week 9 it'll be 100% perfect. This grew really fat. If I could find a way to stop the stretch I got from this, it'd probably be the best plant (weight wise) I've ever grown. It seems really good as is, I wonder how it'd be topped. My only real gripe is that it doesn't smell very good. Its an offputting smell even (keeping in mind that I love the smell of cannabis). Very very earthy, and almost the smell of when you smash a stink bug :uhoh:

The buku will come down first for sure, but certainly not at their quoted 7 weeks.

I will update with pictures again before I harvest each one...but probably not weekly. :sad:

Also! My clones took! All 3 of them. The buku was the most eager, but the blue cheese was close behind. The chocolope is still growing stupidly as a clone in soil, but growing nonetheless. 

sorry to bump such a old thread.

but im growin buku too.... just wondering how the smoke was after?  did it end up smelling better?

anything tips or anything else u can tell me about this strain?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom