Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Laundry Bag Bubble bag.
    #608419 - 02/05/12 02:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I recently harvested my other two plants. One of them had bud that was very light and wispy. So I decided to make poor man dry ice hash. Really its pretty self explanatory; just use a Tide laundry bag as a bubble bag for dry ice.

I got the one on the left for 4 and change, the biggest plus to this method of course.

The only real annoyance I have is that it starts to get very green and leafy at the end. I'm probably going to a Hobby Lobby to get a silk screen to get much higher quality hash. Me and my friend also debated using a gold screen coffee filter (but steered away for ease sake).

Some quick notes (if anyone tries this); I don't recommend grinding the bud much (like most hash making would suggest). It worked better with the bigger chunks; as it tended to get very pulverized. We did ours in small batches inside of thermos style mug onto a glass picture frame. Two things I would try for next time: Doubling the layers on the laundry bag (ie wrapping around the mug twice). And using a larger surface so I can try separating the qualities better.

My final words. The adage, "You get what you pay for" definitely applies here. However, if you're just looking for a little personal hash, or maybe only grow a couple plants, and you don't feel like paying $40+ for bags I would give this a shot. At least try a small amount, if you don't like it, fuck, it was only 5 bucks.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Laundry Bag Bubble bag. [Re: wire5]
    #608552 - 02/06/12 02:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You wanna tell us a little bit more about what you did???

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Laundry Bag Bubble bag. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #608576 - 02/06/12 11:20 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sure.

Materials:

Under an oz of fresh dried loose bud (from a plant that didn't put out well) and trim

1 lb of dry ice (I bought 6 because I like to play with it, and thats the smallest amount I found)

1 "Tide fine Meshed laundry bag" (pictured above)

1 container (I used a thermos, mason jars and 1 gal buckets would work as well)

1 Mirror/glass picture frame/really smooth flat surface

First I ground up the MJ in a coffee blender, only giving it two quick little pulses or until it was "bowl consistency". This part I would probably change in favor of just using some scissors. After that I put everything in the freezer for about 15~20 minutes to chill. I filled the thermos with 3/4 of the ground bud, this was all the larger more in tact stuff. I than put in quarter and ping-pong sized pieces of dry ice in the cup until the cup was 3/4 of the way full. After that I put the entire cup into the laundry bag; which I than twisted until it was pulled taught over the mouth of the thermos. I turned the whole construct upside down and began to shake it over a picture frame (with glass) until it started having a greenish color. I than reloaded the cup with the rest of the bud and let my friend have a go. This time I instructed them to work their way across a table (like in this video
that way we could really seperate out the qualities. She did and what resulted was some super golden stuff (which we smoked all of that night) and some really sickly colored green hash (that still gets you quite high). At the end of the night I wrapped up what we hadn't smoked in aluminum and pressed it with my hands.

In conclusion I ended with about 2-3 grams of low quality leafy green hash, 12 (or so) bowls of super golden kief, and about 5-7g of "medium high quality" hash (as I didn't separate like I did on the second run).

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds