Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
people confuse me
    #606871 - 01/27/12 07:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was talking with some of the people that have been at papa johns for a few years and heard that they used to be open until midnight; until their old manager cooked the books because his managers were all in college and didn't like being awake until midnight. Who the fuck isn't cool with staying an extra two hours when you don't get paid salary? Lazy people keep confusing me more and more, I've never understood the mentality of wanting to get less hours. More hours always means moooooore money.

Maybe people that have never been poor just don't value money as much as me though, just a rant really.

In other news this old lady gave me a 5 dollar tip for hooking her up with a discount yesterday, I about shit my pants when I saw her right $5 on the tip line for the receipt.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHologram
Stranger
Re: people confuse me [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #606872 - 01/27/12 07:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly it depends where u are at mentally.

some people feel that leisure time is worth more than a few bucks an hour.

personally,I usually go in between extremes myself, either no work or overworked but i dont operate "normally" and have addict like, impulsive tendencies.
Also being in a state of withdrawl is a huge motivator for wanting to get cut early(despite knowing that i want more money, the relief is closer than the paycheck so maybe thats why some people choose that route :shrug:)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #606873 - 01/27/12 07:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It's this general cultural attitude that is going to ultimately be our downfall, theory as to why it exists aside.

OfflineHologram
Stranger
Re: people confuse me [Re: DungenessDank]
    #606875 - 01/27/12 07:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Can you really blame folks?

When i was a kid a bag of chips was 25 cents and a big one was like two bucks. now its five bucks for a big bag that is half full of air.
The incentive to work, regular average paying jobs, just isnt there anymore.

I do work, by the way, as i have yet to find a better alternative.
Deep down tho, i think all men feel like this isnt how we were meant to live but we are so pampered and lazy that we just accept this doomed system. The girlfriends in thier expensive lacy underwear and the xboxs n the microwave dinners make slaving away for bullshit pay, kind of worth it. also the beer and pot.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: people confuse me [Re: DungenessDank]
    #606876 - 01/27/12 07:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I almost feel like part of it is the fact a lot of them are either from a frat or are dorm rats. They Managers now are 2 frat kids, a possible crack head with a family, a 20 year old gamer-girl with a husband, and my store manager who plays WoW a lot (and used to play dungeons and dragons with my regional manager before either of them made manager status).

Guess what managers like getting working and don't sit on their ass for about a 1/3 of their shift?

I'm basically the only In store (we don't call us cooks because if you're not a delivery driver you do anything at all needed in the store) employee that tells my manager that I'm fine with working late. Most of them love me because I don't like standing still and just idly clean when there is nothing to do on the make line/dough slap/Cut.

I never let them know it, but the other in store employees attitude really get's to me. Then again I think I'm the only in store employee that may have applied for full time, but i was working 50 hour weeks at pizza slut my senior year which was the year i got the most shit done school-wise.

Do dorm rats even need money? I've always thought dorms sounded horrible so I never even tried to live at one.

I'll admit I don't like how little my hourly wage is, but I just never look at the clock. My plan is to become a shift leader really soon, the only reason I'm not already training is because a guy was getting trained for it when I got hired already and until this frat rat graduates this spring there is only the one space open.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #606881 - 01/27/12 09:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think it depends on how much you're making.  When I was in a kitchen during college for $8/hr and my money basically just went towards food then it didn't really matter because my bills were small and $8/hr is jack shit. I'd rather hang with friends for two hours than make an extra like $13 after tax.  But my current job at $25/hr started asking me to work 60 hour weeks and I said FUCK yes. Two extra hours there is $50, and that shit is worth my time.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: people confuse me [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #606888 - 01/27/12 10:32 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

back when i was in highschool and made 5.85 i wanted every single hour i could get. And now that i make just over 8 bucks an hours it's the exact same way, but then again i don't really go out because i hate being around morons at bars. The only person other than my girlfriend that i hang out with is the guy i get weed from, and i don't really care to meet anyone else really. I suppose i do friday night magic and do a little bit of war machine at the game shop, but only on days i don't work. Idc how much i'm getting paid if i'm at work i'm there to work. More money makes for a happy tbds. Then again me and my girl barely make rent/bills/groceries with her two jobs and my job so that could factor in too. I'm begining to think my parents being in thousands of dollars of debt for the last 20ish years might have a thing to do with me loving the feeling i get when i havemoney. Even if my checks are under 200 bucks every week.

--------------------

OfflineHologram
Stranger
    #606892 - 01/27/12 10:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
back when i was in highschool and made 5.85 i wanted every single hour i could get. And now that i make just over 8 bucks an hours it's the exact same way, but then again i don't really go out because i hate being around morons at bars. The only person other than my girlfriend that i hang out with is the guy i get weed from, and i don't really care to meet anyone else really. .

girlfriends are nice but should never be your only friend, imo.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: people confuse me [Re: Hologram]
    #606900 - 01/27/12 11:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have other friends, they just don't live in town. I have no real reason to go out and find someone to hang out with. I mean one of my best friends and debate partner from last year is going to be moving in with us once his parents finish filing for bankrupcy. I should probably mention i'm a huge introvert though, i mean if i was anymore introverted i'd be antisocial. Also we've been dating for like 4 years this spring too, so yea. The only bad part is she's bipolar.

--------------------

OfflineHologram
Stranger
    #606903 - 01/27/12 12:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

that plus the fact that you are an introvert and have been with her for FOUR years.

This is nearly every ingredient necessary for setting yourself up for total system failure also known as the great collapse. Should things end between you two, where is your social circle? there is none and being an introvert will make it that much harder to form a new one.

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: people confuse me [Re: Hologram]
    #606907 - 01/27/12 12:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hologram said:
I do work, by the way, as i have yet to find a better alternative.
Deep down tho, i think all men feel like this isnt how we were meant to live but we are so pampered and lazy that we just accept this doomed system. The girlfriends in thier expensive lacy underwear and the xboxs n the microwave dinners make slaving away for bullshit pay, kind of worth it. also the beer and pot.

Most definitely this.

I'm think this is what Occupy Shit is all about changing? I hope solar power catches on.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: people confuse me [Re: budnectar]
    #606909 - 01/27/12 12:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i don't find things ending between us all the likely personally. I mean we're practically married honestly, but we just don't think people should get married and all that jazz when they are still under-grads. And i don't really need friends anyways, been a gamer 4 life. I have my 7 year old xbox live account or league of legends to revert to should the need arise. I'd be perfectly content with just working, smoking, and gaming all day err-day. The far larger problem would be me gaining transportation so i could still go home like once a month like we do now.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #606913 - 01/27/12 12:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I remember when Papa John's Corp. cut the hours of 60% of their stores.
They did this to increase profit, believe or not.
Considering that in a lot of locations sales slowed after 9 pm, meaning not enough pizzas were being ordered to cover price of labor, for those few extra hours.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: people confuse me [Re: Stoneth]
    #606929 - 01/27/12 03:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Bump!
This confused me.

Tho I lmao!

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: people confuse me [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #606930 - 01/27/12 03:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That guy doesn't need a god, he thinks he is jesus himself.

Offlinemellowfellow

#607163 - 01/29/12 08:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
In other news this old lady gave me a 5 dollar tip for hooking her up with a discount yesterday, I about shit my pants when I saw her right $5 on the tip line for the receipt.

:what:  is that so uncommon?

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: people confuse me [Re: mellowfellow]
    #607169 - 01/29/12 09:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, that seems like a $20 reaction.  i've given $5 tips to my pizza guy before.  i figured that was just about the norm.  i guess not where ur at tho.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: people confuse me [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #607224 - 01/29/12 02:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

At my job I've already been tipped 10$ for calling a taxi for a client

:borat:

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: people confuse me [Re: Manitou]
    #607227 - 01/29/12 02:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I live in a place where tips are expected. I sometimes tip at Sonic' especially the ones who skate.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineHologram
Stranger
Re: people confuse me [Re: King Koopa]
    #607250 - 01/29/12 03:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

At our sonics, employees have to skate. Could be cause they are new to this region.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds