Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehenik0
Stranger
scrog cabinet plans
    #605493 - 01/17/12 02:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've been piecing together plans for a small single plant cabinet used for scrog growing.

-it will be about 28" tall, 14" deep, and 18" wide.
-The light will be either a 250w or 400w HPS. it will be situated in a shallow plexiglass box (4.25" tall, 14" deep, 18" wide) at a 90 degree angle and the socket will be held by an L bracket fastened to the plexi glass. refer to drawing below (keep in mind this is a cutaway, the actual thing will be totally self contained except the intake and outgas ports on the bottom.)

basically there are two small areas on the ends where cool air is drawn in and where hot air is exhausted out. These separations match up with separations built into the cabinet. purple dot in passive intake holes, yellow dots are exhaust holes, one of which will have an 80mm fan.

(you can see how the "light box" slides in on the top. all adjacent walls will have rubber seals to help seal air in and will help with assembly(not so much silicone!).)

The 2" gap on one side will be used to draw in air for ventilation of the main cabinet as well as the light box on top. the 2" gap on the other side will be used for exhausting the hair from the cabinet as well as the light box. Both exhausts will have their own 80mm fans to prevent hot air from being pumped from one space to the other. At the bottom of both 2" spaces will be ports driled on the bottom of the cabinet used to draw in ambient air (and exhaust hot air on the other side! not pictured). Follow the blue (fresh, cool air) and red (hot/warm exhaust) arrows for a general idea of airflow.

FINALLY done. I'm sorry that's long I know. Here are a couple questions I have.

1) is 400w HPS overkill for one plant? (i'd have to order smaller online..)
2) will an 80mm (approx 29cfm..) fan be enough to exhaust the small box where the light is kept if ran at all times?
3) I'm thinking about adding a small carbon scrubber on the cabinet exhaust. I'll only be using this for probably one plant at a time, so I'm not sure if I'll need it. If so I'm thinking maybe make a 3.5" space on the exhaust side instead of 2" for some kind of small scrubber container on the cabinet exhaust? Has anyone tried those little flat carbon filters that go on small fans? like a carbon brill-ow pad.
4)the green line depicted is where the screen will be. Now the actual usable grow space will be 14"x14" in area and about 24in tall. I haven't decided hydro(hand fed) or soil yet. I want to do soil but I'm not sure of the space the planting container would take up. At what height should I put the screen (green line) if I have 24" in height from the floor of the cabinet to the glass of the light box.

I'm kind of new here on the forum but I've spent a lot of time on the shroomery and have read most of the articles on here. The idea with this cabinet is that it'll only rely on 2 (or 3?) small quiet computer fans. The built in gap on the sides provides ducting for air as well as routing for wires (ballasts, etc will probably be located in a different container). The cabinet will have one locking door on the front that will seal on all edges that it contacts. also the way I'm routing the air through the walls should help with light proofing, light proofing the door isn't that difficult. Most of this will be built with plexi glass. I have a lot of it around. but the inner grow chamber (as well as the area around the light up top) will all be mylar lined (or just painted flat white..)

Thanks for ANY and all input! Most of the materials I already have. I've priced the remaining materials out already and it'll only cost me about $60 to build. I realize it looks complicated but it'll work. I'm quite good at building things... if everyone is interested I'll post a tutorial when I start assembly. Thanks everyone! again sorry so long, faaadedd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck