Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia]
    #601819 - 12/17/11 12:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Let me first start by saying I'm not asking anyone to tell us where you are. But if you'd indulge me to answer teh questions as best as you can. Also note I'm not really looking for advice, more just discussion; as the title implies this is to just stir up some conversation.

Besides the obvious :bonghit:; how do you deal with the stress from your plants, mishaps and what not. How about the worry someone might find and steal your outdoor babies. Finally, if applicable, the paranoia for us closet growers  :wink:.

I my self deal with the stress of plant damage, nutrient deficiencies, and what not by doing more research about it. I like to treat it like a learning experience.

As for the last question. I try to stay out of my house as much as possible. Due to my schedule that is far less often than I'd like. When I'm home I play music and video games. Doesn't bother me much at night.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: wire5]
    #601822 - 12/17/11 01:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was only three weeks into flower when I pulled my grow in a fit of paranoia. But, there is no cure for it here either- the doors for me and my neighbor share the same patio. It doesn't help she is a prostitute and now there's 2 of em. I kid you not, there are at least 3 different vehicles in and out every day. That, in addition to sheriffs patrolling on foot. I live in a "high-complaint" area  :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed getting to know the needs of my babies when I had them. I totally respect that it's a living organism so I tried to make her as comfortable as possible. I spent a little time each day serenading her with new songs I learned.

I still have just about everything I need to grow I'm just being patient for that perfect spot.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: budnectar]
    #601830 - 12/17/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I live in a high traffic (Pigs and rabble) area, but thanks to 6+ months of night shifts and little to no social life I get paid very little attention.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #601836 - 12/17/11 02:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I simply learn from my mistakes.  Research, research, research, the problems the strains always something more to learn.

I don't play outdoors, so no worries there.

As for paranoia, I don't sleep where I grow.  Also I'm prepared for the worst case, if it ever were to come to that.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#601842 - 12/17/11 02:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well if your a closet grower to grow for yourself and you tell no one and sell to no one then you really have nothing to worry about.  as long as the scent is covered and your not walking in and out of your house with strange things then no one would ever really know thus nothing to be noid about.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: phrostbyte]
    #601873 - 12/17/11 07:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Generally when my plants are sick, its completely and 100% something that I fucked up myself. Every strain you're new to has a bit of a learning curve, so I check it off as learning experience and proceed with my grow. The way I look at it is, any quality bud I have ever grown is still 10 fold better than what I was smoking before I started...so I'll always come out on top in that sense regardless of what I do.

Outdoors...well...I try to pick good spots. I'm more worried about deers and bunnies than people stumbling onto it. I have a really really nice field I'm going to be utilizing next year...and I'll be growing autos that I have already started indoors...so I'll have my harvest by mid June to early July, which is wellllllllll before any piggies are flying over in their ghetto birds.

As for my indoor, I follow my states medical laws so I'm not so paranoid about that. I don't sell any bud, I don't have a million people in and out of here, and I have a very legitimate medical reason to smoke (not just "I like to get high", which IS perfectly OK too IMO). Although I'm still very careful and don't tell a single person about what I do, I almost feel like I'm not doing anything wrong...hopefully someday everyone can have the chance to feel like that!

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: A To The K]
    #601889 - 12/17/11 09:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I find in my 20yrs of growing i've had very little issues with plant health, and i've never had any type of bug outbreaks. But when i do plant health issues, i treat it like everything else in life, learn about the prob, fix it or just move on. I spend alot of time in my tent/room talking to my plants, or listening to music with them. I know it sounds silly, but i think all living things thrive on any good attention.

I have never really worried or gotten paranoid about my grows, apart from the fact very few people know about it in my life, and those who do are fellow growers. I only sell a very small amount of what i grow and only to a couple chronic smokers, they pretty much buy all i am willing to sell in one shot so i never have people "stopping by" to score.

I find the biggest downside with growing is the dating scene, mainly because i tend to like women who are totally drug free, not sure why that is, but it is none the less. I'm not a heavy smoker anymore, and haven't been for about 15 yrs, i mainly use it as a sleep aid. Honestly i just love to grow. I find it very rewarding.

I've never thought i'm doing anything wrong by growing, because i'm NOT! lol its the laws that are wrong!

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: HempMaster]
    #601924 - 12/17/11 03:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
I almost feel like I'm not doing anything wrong...hopefully someday everyone can have the chance to feel like that!

Your not doing anything wrong even if you lived in another area.  I strongly believe that everyone that wants to should be able to have the chance to feel like that though!

Quote:

HempMaster said:

I've never thought i'm doing anything wrong by growing, because i'm NOT! lol its the laws that are wrong!

This is so true and it sickens me how the laws are surrounding this.  How law enforcement act when they come across grows and smokers.  How the media portrays growing and using cannabis.  Like it's huge horrible thing.  Sickens me!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: phrostbyte]
    #601991 - 12/18/11 11:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
Quote:

A To The K said:
I almost feel like I'm not doing anything wrong...hopefully someday everyone can have the chance to feel like that!

Your not doing anything wrong even if you lived in another area.  I strongly believe that everyone that wants to should be able to have the chance to feel like that though!

Quote:

HempMaster said:

This is so true and it sickens me how the laws are surrounding this.  How law enforcement act when they come across grows and smokers.  How the media portrays growing and using cannabis.  Like it's huge horrible thing.  Sickens me!

Yup this is mantra I use for day to day relief.I really enjoyed reading everyone stubborn optimistic "I don't worry because I'm awesome and doing nothing wrong" approach.

The reason I commented on this is because the meterman (for bills) made me jump when he came out to read mine. I heard thumping outside my kitchen and thought it was 4-0.

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #601994 - 12/18/11 11:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
The reason I commented on this is because the meterman (for bills) made me jump when he came out to read mine. I heard thumping outside my kitchen and thought it was 4-0.

lol maybe i'm old and the saying has changed, but isn't 5-0? lol

and you really don't need to worry about the electric company if your a hobby grower, my PC use's more power than my 1000w light on a 12/12 schedule, as it has a 1000w PS and is on 24/7....also as long as they get their money they don't care, if you hook up to the grid illegally then your asking for it.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
    #602000 - 12/18/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hemp Master said:
Quote:

wire5 said:

and you really don't need to worry about the electric company if your a hobby grower, my PC use's more power than my 1000w light on a 12/12 schedule, as it has a 1000w PS and is on 24/7....also as long as they get their money they don't care, if you hook up to the grid illegally then your asking for it.

But what if someone was using (as an example) 500 kw hrs a month for years and then they add a 1000 watter, ac and fans (about 3000watts?) and run them for 24 hours a day so it goes up to 7160 kw hrs, wont it look suspicious?
I read that not having scales/baggies/grinders/kief boxes in the house can help in court if worst comes to worst.
Personally i'm :poop:ing my pants every day cause my super is getting suspicious. He sits by the entrance all day and I come in and out at all times of day/night. I know he doesnt think im growing something, but its obv he thinks im on drugs, or maybe even that I sell them. I have not messed up yet (garbage gets divided into "good" and "bad", bad garbage gets thrown out in a diff location every time. Carbon filter+extra+oil burners on 24/7.) but every time I see him i have a little panic attack lol...

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: To try and stir the threads up a bit [paranoia] [Re: Dimo114]
    #602044 - 12/18/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Quote:

Hemp Master said:
Quote:

wire5 said:

But what if someone was using (as an example) 500 kw hrs a month for years and then they add a 1000 watter, ac and fans (about 3000watts?) and run them for 24 hours a day so it goes up to 7160 kw hrs, wont it look suspicious?
I read that not having scales/baggies/grinders/kief boxes in the house can help in court if worst comes to worst.
Personally i'm :poop:ing my pants every day cause my super is getting suspicious. He sits by the entrance all day and I come in and out at all times of day/night. I know he doesnt think im growing something, but its obv he thinks im on drugs, or maybe even that I sell them. I have not messed up yet (garbage gets divided into "good" and "bad", bad garbage gets thrown out in a diff location every time. Carbon filter+extra+oil burners on 24/7.) but every time I see him i have a little panic attack lol...

As for the electric.  Like the other guy said computers use more electricity than the lights.  This works for me well as I fix computers as a business.  I have computers running here all the time.  Usually just mine, but sometimes I have 4 - 5 running on top of mine.  Unless your sucking a SHIT TON of juice electric isn't really an issue.  The only reason it might be is if someone is already looking into it.  Then they may contact the electric company to ask about your electric usage. 

As for your super.  I know how that can be as my landloard left me alone for months.  Then I had to call him to fix the furnace which then made me move everything I had.  After the furnace was fixed he called everyday for like 4 days to make sure everything was till ok with it.  Her also came buy the next day to clean the gutters.  I was a bit spooked myself.  He rang the doorbell but I did not answer as I was "sleeping".  If he was around more I could see myself being alot more :uhoh: about what was going on.  Though I will be done soon.  Just getting a decent stockpile of meds.  After the next few runs should have enough meds for over a year.  Then I can get on with growing my peppers and lettuce :dancer:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602072 - 12/19/11 02:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HempMaster said:
Quote:

wire5 said:

It is, I miss typed and didn't proof read. And it wasn't him checking that made me worried. It was the thumping, I thought I had one of the "good-ole-boy" police looking in my window. I know they aren't supposed to but they probably would around here (not that there would be anything to see from that window, but you know how the mind works sometimes). I quickly dismissed it and thought it was rather silly, which inspired this.

@Dimo: I wouldn't worry about the electric like the afore mentioned said.  As for the landlord situation. I don't know what to say, My landlord leaves me alone. He comes by to pick up the rent. I usually just ask when he wants it than put it in the mailbox a little bit before (or meet him) and tell him I'm sleeping. He doesn't bother me at all. I try to fix the few little problems I have on my own. The one I can't seem to get is my leaky faucet. LOL.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck