Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOregonChronic
State of Jefferson

Loc: Oregon
Electricity Bill
    #538386 - 03/20/11 10:48 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

This is the only thing that is stopping me from growing pounds of chronic. I got lights,...i got the room, and i got the clones/seeds to do it with. But if i were to setup my growroom, my electricity bill would rocket sky high.

This thread is for ways of thinking to get around an electricity bill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: OregonChronic]
    #538394 - 03/20/11 11:26 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Sell some weed or bypass the meter. There really isn't another way to get around a electricity bill.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Magash]
    #538396 - 03/20/11 11:31 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

But really just sell some weed because ultimately it seems everyone who bypasses the meter eventually gets caught. If you pay your shit their won't be problems.

You can always install a big Solar Panel setup on your roof, it might be a big down payment but it will pay itself off when your not paying electricity. You can try other forms of renewable energy as well, just make sure you have enough.

Edited by Dephect (03/20/11 11:33 AM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: OregonChronic]
    #538397 - 03/20/11 11:35 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

If you have the old style elect metter(not radio read) you can put a magnet on it to slow down the wheel.
Just be sure to remove it before metter reader comes by.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleMuggles

Re: Electricity Bill [Re: KaptKid]
    #538422 - 03/20/11 01:11 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

can anyone verify this magnetic trickery actually works?

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Muggles]
    #538423 - 03/20/11 01:17 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

iwouldnt fuck with the meter, just pay your bills on time n ull be fine...if u cant do that forget about growing my 2cents

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Canaman]
    #538451 - 03/20/11 03:01 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Go outdoors. It requires more physical labor and maybe more anxiety but at least there is no electricity bill

--------------------
x:tongue:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Canaman]
    #538452 - 03/20/11 03:02 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Back in the days of the old meters I use to go to a vacant house and take the meter. I'd look online to find out which day the meter reader was coming and as soon as he left I'd switch the meters. Then about a week before he showed up again I'd switch em back. The meter would look like there was a normal months use on it when he showed up and I'd get a normal size bill.

Yeah it was shady but if the meter reader showed up early I'd just get a huge bill but the meters always looked normal with no funky bypass jobs done to it. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #538464 - 03/20/11 04:07 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

If you want to have less risk of getting caught though. DONT FUCK WITH METERS! :wink:

Not everyone can be as sly as Magash

:awehigh:

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Dephect]
    #538497 - 03/20/11 07:37 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Sell some weed or bypass the meter. There really isn't another way to get around a electricity bill.

if u have kids get a couple bikes that have that generator thingy built into them, hook them up and put your kids on them in shifts, or if you dont have kids you can snag a couple kids off the street(and pay them candy of course lol.)in all this is a joke but those bike generators can get some shit goin. or a diesel powered generator but that will bring more attention with a generator spewing black smoke for days on end then your electric bill.(and gas/diesel prices are out of this world right now too.).
Quote:

Dephect said:
But really just sell some weed because ultimately it seems everyone who bypasses the meter eventually gets caught. If you pay your shit their won't be problems.

now a days the grids are watched by computers witch will say to the operator hey there is more electric being pulled then witch is being allocated. so with readings and the comp's watching the stolen electric will be found real quick now. we lost electric once and my father in law rigged the box and they caught it within 3 days. got a bill for the electric use and a $500 fine plus costs and junk. just pay the bill like homes said and you should be fine. unless your block reeks of weed.
Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Go outdoors. It requires more physical labor and maybe more anxiety but at least there is no electricity bill

best answer:imwithstupid:(no offense BTW)

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #538498 - 03/20/11 07:42 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

If you want to have less risk of getting caught though. DONT FUCK WITH METERS! :wink:

By far the best advise here. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: lostinbq]
    #538522 - 03/20/11 09:36 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:
Quote:

Dephect said:

Quote:

now a days the grids are watched by computers witch will say to the operator hey there is more electric being pulled then witch is being allocated. so with readings and the comp's watching the stolen electric will be found real quick now. we lost electric once and my father in law rigged the box and they caught it within 3 days. got a bill for the electric use and a $500 fine plus costs and junk. just pay the bill like homes said and you should be fine. unless your block reeks of weed.

I read about that somewhere on ICmag. Some new meter systems they are implicating that can tell exactly how much power is being drawn from where even if it is being stolen and not going through a meter.

I can admit I am not knowledgeable and lucky in the electricity because I rent the unit I grow in which is 3 apartments connected to one meter. I also only use a 600w HPS and a 432w T5. Never had any questions about power even when I moved in and had two 1600w Heaters running in the house 24/7 the first winter here (poor insulation). I had a problem with breakers flipping and the landlord actually asked me if he needed to install another breaker in the house to divert power lol. I didn't know if he was encouraging me to use more power knowing why they might be flipping or not so I just told him no it okay Id work around it.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#538613 - 03/21/11 02:28 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

your landlord is kickass!!

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #538615 - 03/21/11 02:40 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

I call him a slumlord. I think that is actually a term used in real estate too.

They don't do shit. They don't care. They don't come around. As long as the bill gets paid.

Another example of money paid = no questions asked.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #538656 - 03/21/11 08:37 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Yeah that is really the only option for renters who grow. Find a landlord that knows how to keep their noses out of peoples business.

In this age of Big screen TV's and 1500w box heaters, I wouldn't worry about my electricity bill.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: DungenessDank]
    #538659 - 03/21/11 09:29 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Small growers have no need to worry.
Last grow was two 1000 watt light, an inline fan and 3 fans plus a/c.
My daughter and her three kids spend about $150 a month more than I do and she's just growing kids.

Edit: Slum landlords are the way to go. I be one.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Edited by KaptKid (03/21/11 09:31 AM)

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: Electricity Bill [Re: KaptKid]
    #538702 - 03/21/11 12:34 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

lol growing kids i like that 1. well he sounded cool enough to throw you in some bigger breakers. my landlord lives the next state over and never comes around due to the fact i offer to maintain the house for $ off the rent(well once when i had a problem that was not my fault and or could i fix, never came in just looked at the sewage line and left 5 min later) only calls me every now and then to tell me im a lil behind on my water bill but he knows me and my wife are paying another months rent just to get to school and back a month in gas/parking/tolls/babysitters not counting other random stuff. and at the time i was only growing a plant or 2 so i got a 150watter(witch due to drug addicts i am stepping up my game to a 400+ watt light when i get the cash)all pplz need to do is just establish a lil higher use of electric by running tv's/washers/dryers/stove a bit more then usiual.
idk tho im rambling i still need to Finnish my coffee and eat with my son.:goodmorning:

--------------------

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
    #539096 - 03/23/11 01:17 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

This thread is funny since technology exists to use water as an energy source; it grabs the hydrogen. Also energy through a vacuum exists as well. Both are nearly "free" energy. I'd just pay the power bill. If you are very poor typically they have a subsidized program for your power needs.

Hopefully, soon we can offer people DIY power, or just cheaper power overall. Not sure the energy companies are ready to back down quite yet. The US Military already is using these future water / gasoline hybrid motors as a phase out of fossil fuel use.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
    #539130 - 03/23/11 03:33 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

my electricity bill is pretty big now that i have 1600W in the flower room and 1200W in the veg room, not to mention all the fans and other assorted electronic shit that i've been putting to use in there.

makes me really wish that the house ran on solar and just the grow shed was regular electricity. my dad and i have been talking about getting financed to get solar for the house because, well, it would just be pretty awesome. we are thinking of waiting until solar panels are more efficient though, which should be fairly soon as they are making leaps and bounds in that particular field.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: BigBudz]
    #539136 - 03/23/11 05:53 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
This thread is funny since technology exists to use water as an energy source; it grabs the hydrogen. Also energy through a vacuum exists as well. Both are nearly "free" energy. I'd just pay the power bill. If you are very poor typically they have a subsidized program for your power needs.

Hopefully, soon we can offer people DIY power, or just cheaper power overall. Not sure the energy companies are ready to back down quite yet. The US Military already is using these future water / gasoline hybrid motors as a phase out of fossil fuel use.

"It grabs the hydrogen"

you must be some sort of wizard.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: maryanne3087]
    #539138 - 03/23/11 05:57 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I noticed that too :lol:

His stupidity is quite entertaining.  I just hope he doesn't walk around believing some of this stuff :lol:

--------------------

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #539187 - 03/23/11 09:57 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

I'm not derailing this thread. If you wish to PM me, I have proof of H20 Hydrogen power. In several video forms. It's been on US news. I have the videos.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #539232 - 03/23/11 01:00 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
my electricity bill is pretty big now that i have 1600W in the flower room and 1200W in the veg room, not to mention all the fans and other assorted electronic shit that i've been putting to use in there.

makes me really wish that the house ran on solar and just the grow shed was regular electricity. my dad and i have been talking about getting financed to get solar for the house because, well, it would just be pretty awesome. we are thinking of waiting until solar panels are more efficient though, which should be fairly soon as they are making leaps and bounds in that particular field.

This is my ideal option. I am enrolled in Solar Energy Technology and soon Wind Energy Tech. right now for schooling and my hopes is to have at least a 2k grow room run by completely solar panels and a few small wind turbines.

Here if you produce more energy than you consume with your panels, it goes back into the grid and the city/electric pays you for that energy.

The biggest part is the down payment for the right setup :facepalm:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #539306 - 03/23/11 04:44 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

I'm not derailing this thread. If you wish to PM me, I have proof of H20 Hydrogen power. In several video forms. It's been on US news. I have the videos.

If you're talking about HHO it's just a scam.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Electricity Bill [Re: coda]
    #539334 - 03/23/11 06:24 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Dude seriously look around the house for things to offset your grow...

For instance a computer running 24/7 can equal 2 600w on 12/12...

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Electricity Bill [Re: BigBudz]
    #539347 - 03/23/11 06:39 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Do you have any videos of someone grabbing the hydrogen out of water?

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #539353 - 03/23/11 06:44 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
bypass the meter.

But then you burn down your buddies shed and he has to live in a van. And you know Layhey is gonna be a dick about that :mad2:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds