Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
I can't figure out the problem...
    #596483 - 11/10/11 05:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So, I've got a MasterKush femmed girl that's about a month and a half old. She's been showing signs of *something*, but I just can't figure out what. It looks to me like someone splashed rusty water onto the leaves...

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

Femmed Seed

2. How old are your plants?

Popped the seed in the last week of September

3. How tall are your plants?

She's about 12 inches tall. She'd be taller, but I've been pulling her down via LST.

4. What type of hydro system are you using?

DWC, 3 gallon bucket

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?

Using Techniflora's "Recipe for Success", adding Bushmaster's root drench.

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?

We try to keep it right around 6-6.2 and it drifts downwards (which concerns me).

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?

We use R/O water from Winco. PPM is usually abt. 3-7

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?

Don't know. Batteries in the checker died last week. New one is on order now.

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?

Not sure.

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?

Not sure.

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?

PH shows a fall.

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

No, but we want to start a foliar regimen.

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

We are using a 1000 watt MH, and a 4', 4 bulb T-8 fixture (the flouro is sitting next to the bucket giving a little "supplemental" lighting. Mainly I've been too lazy to pull it out of the tent. I don't need it for clones yet, so why not leave it there?? Lol)

14. How close are your lights to the plants?

Its quite a ways away. Not at home to measure, i'd guess about 35 inches or so... It was about 18 inches away, but that kept the tent too hot at canopy level, so we raised it up...

15. What size is your grow space in square feet?

We're in a 4x4 tent, so its 16 sq ft.

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

Temp fluctuates between LOW 80's in the afternoon to high 60's at night. Usually stays in the mid-70's. Humidity is about 30-40%.

17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

None whatsoever

18. How much experience do you have growing?

A bit. Vegged plants and cloned for patients for 6 months now. Haven't flowered before. Also have helped a few friends who knew WAY less than us... lol

We thought it was a deficiency at first, so we did a rez change, and it still kept progressing. Should we try flushing it for a couple days??

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: I can't figure out the problem... [Re: Tank333]
    #596529 - 11/11/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I had a plant that did that in my dwc bin.  Never really figured out the cause but what I did was a rez change..  cleaned the bin and air stone really good.  Then fresh cool ph water and light nute solution. 
Another thing I did was use a larger pump with 2 air stones.

I don't know how big your root ball is in there but when they get really big they seem to need more air.  After I did this my plant perked up in a few days. 

Another thing I noticed about this plant is that it looks like it's heat stressed.  In your picture the leaves look to be curling up and inward a little around the edges.

You really need that ppm meter.  It may be as simple as too high / low levels of nutes. 

Another thing I would do in that situation is trim the really badly burnt leaves off.  From what I have read the plant will continue to try to Fix these leaves and it's wasted energy for new growth.

Just out of curiosity how often do you check your ph / ppm levels?  What I have been doing is everyday about the same time when I wake up I check the ph / ppm and water levels.  Adjust as needed.  While I'm doing this I have the plant in another clean empty bin getting a nice air bath for about 15 mins or so that dwc plants love so much.  I find that if I do this everyday I have no problems.  If I go more than a few days I start to see issues as the ph fluctuates to much one way or another.

Edited by phrostbyte (11/11/11 01:02 AM)

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: I can't figure out the problem... [Re: phrostbyte]
    #596661 - 11/11/11 11:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I reply to your thread and the next day I seem to have an issue that looks to be about the same as yours again...  This is so frustrating!  I have seen pics of other people having the issue but no one ever seems to know what it is or how to fix it.  This happened before and It got better... Now it just started again...

There are only 3 things that I have found that could be the cause..

1.  ph fluctuations causing nute lock out. 

2. we need cal mag for calcium

3. or its a mg problem

I'm leaning more towards ph problem. 

Edited by phrostbyte (11/13/11 04:04 PM)

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#596669 - 11/12/11 12:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I TRY to check the ph every day, but we have been VERY busy this past month, so she's been a bit neglected lately. She has run quite low on water a few times... I'm starting to think that's the culprit. She's been drinking more water than we expect her to, and its been tough to keep R/o water in the house. I hope I fixed THAT problem tonight. I bought 4 5 gallon jugs instead of refilling the same 10 1 gallon jugs that we have been using.

My wife thinks that its the humidity. Its been really low lately; between 20-30%. Would this possibly be a factor? I wouldn't have a problem picking up a humidifier, but if I don't have to I don't want to. We are about to expand to a 9'x10' flowering room with 4kw of light. That's gonna cost a f***load, and I doubt I'll need a humidifier then...

About the air, there are actually 2 airstones in the rez already! Lol. I figured since I've got em, and a 2 outlet pump. Haha! The rootball on this girl is rediculously huge, honestly. The roots are just as bushy as the plant herself!!

Gave her a flush tonight. Plain R/o water with a little bit of Sugar Daddy to give them some carbohydrates to eat while she's flushing. I trimmed most of the crispy leaves, and hopefully this will help her recover.

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#599620 - 12/04/11 05:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so was it a cal / mg overdose?  You haven't had this problem since?

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#599628 - 12/04/11 09:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Still having the problem, actually. Not as severe. I find I'm just clipping each leaf when it gets more than 25% damaged.

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#599755 - 12/04/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm at the same point.  The growth continues just fine but I still get those leaves and I cut them like you.  Can't believe no one knows what it is!  lol

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #599763 - 12/04/11 11:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thats what I do. Once a leaf is 25-50% gone/going I just remove it. Usually by this point the plant practically lets go of it.

:2cents: slight nutrient build up in lower leafs.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: I can't figure out the problem... [Re: wire5]
    #599792 - 12/05/11 08:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

this might seem like a silly question, but hear me out. you're using technaflora RFS, are you adding BC boost first to water and stirring. i was just having issues with my DWC that i couldn't figure out. my first grow was using the RFS, went great. this time i switched to GH flora series. i failed to read the entire label, which told the user to add flora-micr first and stir. it went on to say that mixing in any other manner could cause nute lockout. so i flushed , mixed new nute solution (correctly this time) and it's a 100% difference. things are looking great.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: I can't figure out the problem... [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #599815 - 12/05/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my :2cents: Im not super experiences in growing (in my first grow now of about 10 girls)  but I have done a ridiculous amount of reading and also walk around with my nook with the Mary janes grow bible downloaded constantly going over it.
But to me it looks like heavy nute burn.  The leaves that look the most damage look like it started at the tip covered the outside of the blades and worked its way inwards.  To me that has nutrient burn written all over it  :shrug: but what do I kno... Im a noob.
Sorry for horrible sentence structure.
Happy growing :mushroom2:

--------------------
Disclaimer:  Anything I post is purely for entertainment purposes and is completely fictional made up scenarios using information and pictures retrieved from other people.  I am by no means taking part in any activities displayed.

Edited by JusTsHroomiNn (12/05/11 12:54 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck