Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Wilted on one side only?
    #599498 - 12/03/11 04:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just went to water my babies. At first, they all looked fine, but when i pulled them out, i noticed that one plant was extremely wilted on one side!

My plants are in coco, and are watered/fed once every 3 days. The wilted side was closest to and facing the fan I have in my tent.
It was a high velocity fan, set at the highest setting.

I have just watered, and have turned my fan to the lowest setting. I have also turned the afftected side away from the fan, and put another plant inbetween to act as a buffer.

I'd like to hear what others think it may be? My belief is the plant was getting thirsty and the fan wasn't doing it any help.
The leaves at the top, and other sides of the plant are completely fine, they were only a tiny bit wilted telling me it was time for their watering. Did the fan speed up the effects of needing water?

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Edited by magick81 (12/03/11 04:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenHorn
Stranger

Re: Wilted on one side only? [Re: magick81]
    #599551 - 12/03/11 08:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

IMO yes those girls look a bit stressed by drought.
You said you were growing in coco but in the picture i see you are using hydrotron. Is that just a barrier layer over the coco? The fan will absolutely speed up the need for watering. By speeding up the air circulation within  the room you cause the draw of new air over the leaves increasing respiration thus causing increased water and NUTRIENT uptake. It will also cause the circulation of new dryer air over your grow media to cause rapid moisture  loss. By turning down your fan you will slow the water loss slightly but you are also slowing the metabolic rate of your plants. Ventilation is key to a healthy grow. I would just say Keep a closer eye and water more on an as needed basis rather then a strict regimen. If you can not sacrifice the extra time to do additional feedings then i would say just cap your media. Cover the top of the pot with plastic after waterings to help with moisture retention. Put your finger in the coir/coco, middle knuckle dry and lower fan leaves showing MINOR signs of wilting time to water. Make sure to allow soil to dry properly between watering or root zone will be poorly aerated and develop slow or retarded growth do to bacteria or fungal contaminates in the soil. That is if you are using coco coir and not hydrotron like in the photo.

--------------------
~Medical Grower~

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Wilted on one side only? [Re: GreenHorn]
    #599569 - 12/03/11 10:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks greenhorn. I checked on em last night a few hours after watering and they looked better. Will check on them again as soon as they wake up.

I am using coco coir, with a layer of clay balls to keep the bugs out. Looking at the pot, the level has decreased alot, compared to the other plants. Which is probably why she was so thirsty before the others.
When she wakes up, i'll probably top up her coco also and check the others.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Wilted on one side only? [Re: magick81]
    #599603 - 12/04/11 12:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yup, deffinately thirsty or hot. My guess is on thirsty though.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Wilted on one side only? [Re: wire5]
    #599612 - 12/04/11 02:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yup it's thirsty I just sneaked a little peek and it looks better though some of the lower leaves are still wilted.

It's defiantly not heat. Since switching to 12/12 I haven't had any heat issues. Even of hot days when the room is 33 degrees, the inside of the tent at the top level of the plants, it is only 26 degrees, as the lights are off during the day

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (12/04/11 02:29 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag